Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/28/2004 1:53:26 PM EDT
I will need 15 or so pink polo shirts for the chess club that I'm starting (high school). They'll be embroidered (knight, "Chess Club" underneath). What's the best place to buy from? I don't know where to start. Thanks guys.

I realize nerd jokes will be made. Have at it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
uhhhh, you really think pink is the best choice for the chess club?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You talking button down????
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Find a T-shirt shop or I can sell them to you since you are just in Ohio. by the way 15 is not bulk.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Where's the "congrats on your gay thread" picture when you need it?  

CR
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't think you would need more than one in that color.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I, like most others, am confused as to the choice of colors.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Where's the "congrats on your gay thread" picture when you need it?   hr

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/flushdraw/gay16.jpg
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Pink shirts? Chess club?  Are you guys looking to go down in history as the most beat up vigins ever?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe check with Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa Co, AZ. I think he has a supplier of pink clothing.

www.mcso.org/submenu.asp?file=laundry

hock.gifhock.gifhock.gifhock.gifhock.gif
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Pink shirts? Chess club?  Are you guys looking to go down in history as the most beat up vigins ever?

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#12]
from everything I've heard high schools are worse for gay, nerd, whatever bashing now than when I graduated in 97
good luck

store.yahoo.com/cheapestees-store/poloshirts.html
www.poloshirtsunlimited.com/?source=google4-4
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude, dont do pink.

Gonna have little rainbows on the sleeves too?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Ummm...I'm not a virgin. See, there's this girl...in the Niagra Falls area...and um.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#15]
That reminds me of this weekend when I went into Land's End because my fiance wanted to look at some dress pants. Anyway, I decided as long as I was there I'd go on over to the Men's section to see what they had.

Well, I saw PINK dress shirts everywhere. I mean WTF??? Pink dress shirts? Who wears this crap? What happened to when men were men? I just took it as another example of the pussification of the american male....metrosexuals.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Buy white ones and wash them with a new dark red towel. They will come out pink
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#18]
...Why pink? I would suggest black or green, or navy blue.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Dude, Pink?

For a Chess Club?

Your funeral.

FWIW, I buy lots of shirts for embroidery and printing and I've found this place to be about the best for service and prices online:

No miminum purchase, decent pricing and several levels of quality:

SG
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I recommend lime green
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Get black T's with...

PIG FUCKERS MC's
And Chess Club
OHIO Chapter

...stenciled on them. If you're gonna go nerd---Go Bad Nerd...!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Where I go to school, pink is a very good color for guys to wear. Especially in polo shirts. In fact...we have people that want to be in chess club just for the shirts. Including people that aren't nerds (football players, student council members, etc...).

As far as having a chess club goes...yes, it's nerdy. But it gives us a good venue to not waste our activity period (an extra period on Wednesday mornings when clubs meet) or play chess in lunch. We'd also like to have a school-wide tournament.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#25]
pink, its whats for dinner.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Please wear it to Gunstock....I'll bring a trash can.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I went to high school with a bunch of rich elitist bastards, and even they wouldn't have worn that kind of shit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Try Lands End.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Where I go to school, pink is a very good color for guys to wear.

www.igra.com/
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I will need 15 or so pink polo shirts for the chess club that I'm starting (high school). They'll be embroidered (knight, "Chess Club" underneath). What's the best place to buy from? I don't know where to start. Thanks guys.

I was the president of my high school's chess club, as well as a lineman on the football team.  I went undefeated at my last tournament, but that was almost 10 years ago and I rarely get a chance to play now.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Call a store like Lands end or Cabelas directly and ask to speak to the clothing dept manager, ask for a discount cause most will grant the request
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Good luck finding a Prom Date.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Actually, pink is becoming the new hot color for the young people.  I don't understand it, but it's happening.  I personally like blue, but orange works if I want to be an eyesore.

And wasn't pink and black a combo worn by hoodlums back in the 50's?

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#34]
hmm...i think someone may have left their computer unattended....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Classic arfcom responses!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Nope.

As far as prom goes...I have a girlfriend, and both of us hate school dances. So I suppose you are correct that I won't have a date.

GBT, you show that you don't have to be a huge nerd....now I might have the highest GPA in my class, and run track/CC....but I'm still not your typical nerd. I don't think more than 3 people have ever called me a nerd and were serious about it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Dude, don't do pink. I have over 40 chess books, built my own table, and bought a very expensive park of Westminster chess set. I love chess, and wish I could study more often. Once again, I love chess, but PLEASE don't do pink. Do a burnt color or a green, but not pink. I don't care who says it is cool, it's still pink.
If you need to follow trends get an alligator instead of the polo guy.
tony
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.

As far as prom goes...I have a girlfriend, and both of us hate school dances. So I suppose you are correct that I won't have a date.

GBT, you show that you don't have to be a huge nerd....now I might have the highest GPA in my class, and run track/CC....but I'm still not your typical nerd. I don't think more than 3 people have ever called me a nerd and were serious about it.

Oh, I am a huge nerd.  6'3", 270lbs of muscle in high school.    A little lot more than that now.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
pink, its whats for dinner.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#40]
I can respect the chess club part.  But don't go pink.  Pink is the color of women and homosexuals.  It just is.  I see kids wearing pink all the time at my college now and shake my head.  It's part of the gender-bender metrosexual agenda.  Forces that dictate fashion want a more homo-friendly world.  Resist fashion.  It's stupid.  I don't mean totally, but you can resist the little yellow Livestrong bracelets and upturned polo shirt colors.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Wait wait wait.  Hold up a sec.  You want pink shirts but you hate dances?  I was under the impression your people thought ballroom dancing was FABULOUS.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#42]
I guess most of you haven't been paying much attention to high school and college aged kids these day.  The guys are dressing more and more like metrosexuals.  Just turn on one of the music channels and watch how the guys in bands are dressing and styling their hair.  I guess looking like a pansy is the IN thing now.

Go ahead and get your pink polos.  You'll fit right in.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I don't mean totally, but you can resist the little yellow Livestrong bracelets and upturned polo shirt colors.  

I just figured out what those stupid fucking bracelets were for, after seeing them all over the place for the last six months. I was like, why the hell are so many people wearing rubberbands on their arms?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#44]
I wouldnt wear pink unless it was on a bet, and it needs to be decent money.

Get them in MARPAT!

BTW I used to gamble on chess games in HS
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I guess most of you haven't been paying much attention to high school and college aged kids these day.  The guys are dressing more and more like metrosexuals.  Just turn on one of the music channels and watch how the guys in bands are dressing and styling their hair.  I guess looking like a pansy is the IN thing now.

Go ahead and get your pink polos.  You'll fit right in.  

You mean like this band?

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I can respect the chess club part.  But don't go pink.  Pink is the color of women and homosexuals.  It just is.  I see kids wearing pink all the time at my college now and shake my head.  It's part of the gender-bender metrosexual agenda.  Forces that dictate fashion want a more homo-friendly world.  Resist fashion.  It's stupid.  I don't mean totally, but you can resist the little yellow Livestrong bracelets and upturned polo shirt colors.  

Pink was traditionally known as a 'manly' color. Part of the Ohio state house (senate chamber?) is painted pink, because anything with red in it was considered masculine. Perhaps you are the one going with a temporary trend?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:03:16 AM EDT
[#47]
How bout a letterman jacket?

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:09:12 AM EDT
[#48]
The only time pink is good is either with a woman, or in a steak.

Pink chess club?  You really want to get an atomic wedgie don't you?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:09:36 AM EDT
[#49]
sorry- dont try to be trendy with this shirt.  get something cool but timeless- like black and get some decent embroidery done that makes people WANT to wear the shirt insted of HAVING to wear it.   unless this "chess club" is somthing completley different....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#50]
You could go the patriotic route:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top