Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/19/2004 5:10:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/19/2004 5:11:15 AM EST by CAR-10]
I buy things for the Air Force and I've got a requirement from a customer to buy inert IEDs. Anybody know a good source on something this specialized?

I know only of Securesearch and Sparta; however, Sparta cannot meet my customer's requirement?

Any suggestions of other sources?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:29:28 AM EST
youre kidding right. you know what IED stands for right? well heres a clue...the "I" is for "Improvised"

v. im·pro·vised, im·pro·vis·ing, im·pro·vis·es
v. tr.
To invent, compose, or perform with little or no preparation.
To play or sing (music) extemporaneously, especially by inventing variations on a melody or creating new melodies in accordance with a set progression of chords.
To make or provide from available materials: improvised a dinner from what I found in the refrigerator.

you MAKE them dude. make them from an oven timer, some scrap wire, electricians putty anything that looks like a bomb. no 2 should look the same. make them in lunchboxes, paperbags, backpacks, briefcases etc. go to base DRMO and get a bunch of stuff you can hot-glue wires too.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:56:01 AM EST
BUY them? DvlDog beat me to it. Dude, send someone to rummage thru the dumpster. You'll find all you need.

Heck, give ME a govt contract. I'll turn out dozens a day.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:26:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By DvlDog:
youre kidding right. you know what IED stands for right? well heres a clue...the "I" is for "Improvised"

v. im·pro·vised, im·pro·vis·ing, im·pro·vis·es
v. tr.
To invent, compose, or perform with little or no preparation.
To play or sing (music) extemporaneously, especially by inventing variations on a melody or creating new melodies in accordance with a set progression of chords.
To make or provide from available materials: improvised a dinner from what I found in the refrigerator.

you MAKE them dude. make them from an oven timer, some scrap wire, electricians putty anything that looks like a bomb. no 2 should look the same. make them in lunchboxes, paperbags, backpacks, briefcases etc. go to base DRMO and get a bunch of stuff you can hot-glue wires too.

Trust me when I say that this is happening also

There are some very specific and specialized components that are manufactured which can't be found through dumpster-diving. Such as...well, we'll just leave it at that. And those items can be had commercially and are well known to be used in some IEDs.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:28:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By Johninaustin:
BUY them? DvlDog beat me to it. Dude, send someone to rummage thru the dumpster. You'll find all you need.

Heck, give ME a govt contract. I'll turn out dozens a day.

Register with CCR using the NAICS code 453998 and you could be solicited for future requirements.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:31:52 AM EST
Here an IED you can make in your kitchen.

1) 1 empty liter soda bottle

2) insert baking soda into bottle

3) add vinegar

4) close cap and shake bottle.

or if you really want to get stupid.

add Chlorine and Ammonia together in a bottle and shake it!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:37:22 AM EST
i have this "friend", yeah thats it...a friend...and once he was tasked with making IEDs for the MPs and SRT to train with. so he made them in the field and cracked open a live claymore he was transporting to the range. rubbed a little piece of C4 on each IED. drove the dogs apeshit and the EOD bubbas never knew how i, er uh my friend got IEDs the dogs would light onto.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:22:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By DvlDog:
i have this "friend", yeah thats it...a friend...and once he was tasked with making IEDs for the MPs and SRT to train with. so he made them in the field and cracked open a live claymore he was transporting to the range. rubbed a little piece of C4 on each IED. drove the dogs apeshit and the EOD bubbas never knew how i, er uh my friend got IEDs the dogs would light onto.

Nice touch
Top Top