Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 12:45:15 PM EDT
Title says it all.

I am thinking about a new EDC knife. Jury is still out on the brand. I have always carried a CRKT m16, which i have been happy with for general utility. My current crkt is totally wrecked from 4 years of use, and i want something a little smoother with a better egde. I am thinking about a benchmade or spyderco. There are no decent local retailers, so i need to know where on the internet i might find the best price and service for this type of knife.

tl:dr - where is a good place to buy a benchmade folder (or auto?)

Any input welcome
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Title says it all.

I am thinking about a new EDC knife. Jury is still out on the brand. I have always carried a CRKT m16, which i have been happy with for general utility. My current crkt is totally wrecked from 4 years of use, and i want something a little smoother with a better egde. I am thinking about a benchmade or spyderco. There are no decent local retailers, so i need to know where on the internet i might find the best price and service for this type of knife.

Any input welcome

Sooner Knives

Best EDC I have ever owned is the Benchmade Osborne 940.  $200 knife that sooner has for $130.  Plus its a small shop owned and run by one guy.  It's where I got my last few knives from.  Good guy, good prices and great service.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Got my Emerson here:

http://www.onestopknifeshop.com/

Good service, GREAT knife
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Hate to thread jack, but I recently lost my EDC and am looking for a good suggestion under ~70
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Grand Prarie Knives

New Graham Knives

Both are great places to get knives

Also, no problems with 1StopKnifeShop
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title says it all.

Any input welcome

Sooner Knives

Best EDC I have ever owned is the Benchmade Osborne 940.  $200 knife that sooner has for $130.  Plus its a small shop owned and run by one guy.  It's where I got my last few knives from.  Good guy, good prices and great service.

I bought a mini griptilian from them at a gun show north of Dallas in Feb.  Good folks, and would buy again.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.bladehq.com/cat––All-Items––1

This place is GREAT. Fast shipping, good prices, excellent customer service.

My wife was trying to buy me a benchmade for a gift and another online shop was screwing her around. These guys helped her and treated her right and I have given all my business to them since.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#8]
bladeplay.com

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.bladehq.com/cat––All-Items––1

This place is GREAT. Fast shipping, good prices, excellent customer service.

My wife was trying to buy me a benchmade for a gift and another online shop was screwing her around. These guys helped her and treated her right and I have given all my business to them since.

+1

I've ordered from here twice and never had any problems.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hate to thread jack, but I recently lost my EDC and am looking for a good suggestion under ~70

I have been carrying m16s for 8 years, and they cant really be beat for the moeny. the m16z pictured above is the cheapest, about 30 bucks online, and various blade, handle, finish, and mechanism options increase the price, which tops out at less than 70 bucks online for the more tacticool versions.

the only reason i am thinking about changing it up for my EDC is general gear-queerism to be honest. for 30 bucks the pictured knife can not be beat.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#12]
If looking for a Mora knife, this guy: http://www.ragweedforge.com/SwedishKnifeCatalog.html
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.knifecenter.com/

This place has always done well for me, in stock items usually ship same day. Prices are good. They will put everything in one box if possible. And the one time they messed up ($5 item) they sent me the correct item and told me to keep the mistake.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone who sells cold steel knives.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#16]
These guys had the lowest prices I could find when I ordered a new knife a couple weeks back.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#17]
My EDC knife for the last 6 years has been a Benchmade Mini-Griptillian, it's a great knife.  IMO the locking mechanism it uses is the best on the market.  It makes one handed opening and closing ridiculously easy.  The first time my buddy saw me use it he thought is was an automatic.

Benchmade still makes their knives in the US and have great customer service too.  I screwed up the blade doing something expressly forbidden by the warranty.  I sent it in and they fixed it up for $5.00 no questions asked.  I'm pretty sure they tore it apart too.  The inside of the knife was cleaner than it was when I sent it in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Knifeworks rocks.....have ordered from them countless times ...great company.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#19]
ebay
Benchmade is awsome! I carried one for years beat it up pretty good. I sent it to Benchmade to be refurbished thinking it would cost me. The refurbished it under warranty, cost me $5, looked like a new knife when I got it back. In fact it might have been a new knife for all I know.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive switched to carrying a fixed blade for an EDC. Its a Rat Cutlery Izula, rides very well in pocket. I got mine from twowolvesoutdoor.com
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
These guys had the lowest prices I could find when I ordered a new knife a couple weeks back.  

I like them.

Between them and knifesupply you're pretty much guaranteed to find the lowest price on what you're looking for.

My only complaint is that ycs never has any of the pricey stuff in stock and will only order out of stock items after you order it from them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm a big fan of New Graham.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#23]
MUST...NOT...GO...SHOPPPING...FOR...NEW...KNIFE!!!

I knew it would end badly if I clicked on this thread
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I happen to like

http://sogknives.com/store/new.html

SOG
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I really like Grand Prairie.  Good folks, fast shipping.  Ordered my Emerson on Friday afternoon, had it in

my mailbox Monday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top