Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2005 6:24:18 PM EDT
Looking LOCALLY for gun case foam.  Anybody know of any stores or types of stores that carry the full foam pieces needed to cut out for gun cases?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Jo Ann Fabric type places sometimes carry the 2.0 pcf polyethylene foam in white.   (that's the stiffer, closed cell stuff)   This will probably be in 1" or 2" thick layers.  You can bond multiple layers together using 3M #77 spray adhesive, available at Home Depot

If you want the softer foam, ask for a 2.0 pcf polyurethane ester, probably grey or black.

If it's 2.2 pcf, that fine - but you dont' want the 4.0 pcf or 11 pcf!!

Look for local packaging companies - the type that wholesale boxes to manufacturers - they are usually foam fabricators, and might sell ya some.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just bought some the other day at JoAnn's.  If you can find a 40% off coupon from the newspaper, you'll get out of there much happier.

In the white or grey?  I can only find the white stuff and have never seen anyone use it in their cases.  I would prefer gray if I knew where to get it.

I will look in the yellow pages for packing places but I will also look into this Joann fabrics.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just bought some the other day at JoAnn's.  If you can find a 40% off coupon from the newspaper, you'll get out of there much happier.

I called them today and they only have white and green?  know where I can get black?
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I called them today and they only have white and green?  know where I can get black?

Find a packaging house.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top