Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 7:09:56 PM EDT
Black letters

Ivory card

Gold scroll.

Cheapest so far is 250 cards @ $13.00 + shipping $8.00.

Wife is starting a jewelery business.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#1]
... Well ole buddy, I'd say if the missus is gonna start a new jewelry business, the least of her worries would be how much money she can save on business cards

... In fact, I'd go the other way - Spend opulently on something that stands way out among the rest

... And oh yeah, you did a GREAT job cleaning my AR10 today - Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Man - I dont understand why  people wont spent some cash on quality. It shines through.

Anyway - vistaprint.com will give you FREE ones - but they have thier name on the back.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#3]
vistaprint.com, but don't get the free ones
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Advertising may be expensive but it is worth it.  If you don't advertise the opening of your buisness, you will have to advertise when you close your buisness.

eta, it's tax deductable too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahhh I see the wisdom of ARFCOM is teaching me once again.

OK where are the good cards sold at a good rate so we dont get raped?

Im off to look at www.vistaprint.com
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Overnight prints does a great job, we use them every time we get some one new.

Metal cards are the shiznit used them for a while but my line of work they ended up being pointless but cool none the less. Link
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#7]
If you're in a town of any decent size, there's probably a graphic design/advertising firm somewhere nearby.  Your wife could talk with a designer and work out a custom business card that really shows what her business is all about and fits her style precisely.  Graphic design firms work with commercial printers all day, so they could take it from conception to finished product pretty easily.

Will it be $13?  No, but it will probably be worth it.  Everyone can tell a cheap business card when they see one.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#8]
FREE - www.vistaprint.com
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll second Overnight Prints.  Easy to order and great quality (for the price).
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Horrible Idea, any one gives me those I throw them out. If Im not worth a cents im not worth much. And you don't need my money.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Overnight prints does a great job, we use them every time we get some one new.

Metal cards are the shiznit used them for a while but my line of work they ended up being pointless but cool none the less. Link

Metal is cool looking.  $1.80 a card we cant swing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Horrible Idea, any one gives me those I throw them out. If Im not worth a cents im not worth much. And you don't need my money.

Eh - rather a jerky thing to do. I have never done business because of a business card - but rather because of the interaction when gaining the card.

As for those metal cards - FREAKIN COOL. Maybe this year Robot 44 can afford a 100 of those for when I am really trying to impress ;o)

www.robot44.com
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If you're in a town of any decent size, there's probably a graphic design/advertising firm somewhere nearby.  Your wife could talk with a designer and work out a custom business card that really shows what her business is all about and fits her style precisely.  Graphic design firms work with commercial printers all day, so they could take it from conception to finished product pretty easily.

Will it be $13?  No, but it will probably be worth it.  Everyone can tell a cheap business card when they see one.

Jim

Thank you for supporting the Graphic Design industry!

If only everyone was as design conscience (one thing Europe has over us)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top