Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 7:39:31 AM EDT
I left my home in a coastal community near Galveston to ride the storm out in Spring,Texas.

But now my fuel tank is near empty and I can't find any stations in the area that have fuel for my trip back home when this is over.

So this is to anyone on the North side of Houston close to the I45 corridor. If you know where any gas stations are that have fuel left please post up.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:40:42 AM EDT
[#1]
WTH are you posting on the Internet?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
WTH are you posting on the Internet?  

Because I still got power.

And I am looking for gas so I can go back and see what I have left when it's over. And keep looters out of what I have left.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]

I hoarded it all.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Never let your tank fall below half. Being on E is a bad feeling.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you serious?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#7]
When evacing an area all or just about all the gas stations will run out of gas if they are on the main route.

Best bet is to stick to back roads and gas up at the really small towns. At least this appeared to be the best bet based on reporters stories. Some of the smaller town stations were reporting that their sales were normal to slow.

Rules learned so far when evacing:
1. leave early
2.have a full tank and at least 5 5gallon gas cans full
3. travel the back roads to avoid traffic if possible
4. carry 5 days of food and water
5.bring the fully stocked rv
6. carry fire power for just in case.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Leave him alone.  He just transferred there last year from NYC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top