Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2003 11:15:57 AM EDT
I may get a surefire light for christmas, and was wondering where is the best place to get one. I see there are a lot, and have only seen the one in the american rifleman with santa in the picture. I also noticed there is an adapter to use a rechargable battery, and I wanted to know if it was worth it or not.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Gander Mountain stocks them. Might find it a couple of bucks cheaper on line, but Gander is a 'here - now' option.

IMHO, the rechargables aren't worth it for the occasional user. I buy batteries by the dozen through sure fire, they're only a buck and a quarter that way. If I used it daiy, I might feel differently.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
tommytrauma- thanks, but never heard of Gander Mountain. I guess I am looking for online or in Texas.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
[url=http://www.gandrtactical.com/surefire.htm]C4iGrant[/url] on this board as a dealer.  Great guy!  Good prices!

As a backup, I think [url=http://www.quanticoarms.com/asp/manuDetail.asp?CMNum=18]Quantico Arms[/url] also stocks them and has a fairly good selection available.  They are also a board sponsor and VERY helpful and extremely nice people.

HTH.......
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.lagger-pro.com/sfopenin.htm[/url]
Might be the best on the net. Surefire is restricting the number of online retailers. Arizona Gun Runners, once one of the premier Surefire online suppliers have discontinued the entire Surefire line, because of Surefire's increasingly hard-nose attitude. Other internet dealers have been denied renewals for their contracts with Surefire, or are forced to sell only a partial product listing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a bunch of G2Z accessories from Brightflashlights.  Here is the latest post of his I could find:  [URL]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=190765[/URL]

I purchased my NRA G2Z straight from Surefire along with some batteries.

Recently I bought a plain G2 as a Christmas present for a friend.  We got it at Gander Mountain.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a great deal from BrightFlashlights on this board.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got my 6P/Black two weeks ago.

I ordered it direct from Surefire $56.00 delivered to my front door.

I also was thinking of the rechargable but as TT stated a dozen batteries fron Surefire cost me $15.00 delevered - an almost impossible price to match (plus they are also the same battery that my Nikon camera flash takes).  
So I opted out of the rechargable - with no regrets now two weeks later.

Great flashlights!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
IMHO, the rechargables aren't worth it for the occasional user. I buy batteries by the dozen through sure fire, they're only a buck and a quarter that way. If I used it daily, I might feel differently.
View Quote

I agree with TT.  I have a G2 with rechargeable conversion.  It's my inside the house light.  I use it for crap I wouldn't otherwise use a SureFire for, like fixing crap under the sink, rummaging in my safe, car repair at night, etc.  But every time I go to get it, the battery is good for about 2 minutes, so I have to charge the other one right away.  I gave a friend the same setup, and he only uses his if he has time to charge it in advance.  The main advantage of Lithium power is shelf life, which goes out the window with rechargeables.  If you plan on using the light >30 minutes a day, go for it.  Otherwise, stick with the batteries and buy them in bulk from SureFire.  I also got mine (and an M900, & A2) from [url]gandrtactical.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got a great deal from BrightFlashlights on this board.
View Quote
.....[b]I HAVE to second the motion for brightflashlights[/b](I have no affiliation w/them)....I ordered from them, the item was'nt what I'd expected,........I got a FULL REFUND including S&H....If I was to buy again it'd be from them.FWIW
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought a 9AN Commander(the 2-bulb rechargeable) about a year ago, use it once a day on average, and am glad I got it; environmental-wise, that many discarded batteries aint good. To each his own, but, it's nice to have a choice here in the USA.      Stay safe
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I've purchased 3 Surefire products and a bunch of Blackhawk, CQB Solutions, Knights Armament, Trijicon and EOTech gear from Grant at  [url][email protected][/url].

He is a great guy to deal with.

Very knowledgeable of the gear he stocks.

Great pricing.

And to quote someone from another board...."Grant ships so fast you have to duck."

He is a dealer who supports AR15.com, his contribution to this board helps keep this board running.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=182234&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks. E-mail sent to grant.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#13]
[url]www.wholesalehunter.com[/url]

Great Prices!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top