Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 12:04:00 PM EDT
I find it strange as to not seeing the BATF mentioned or seeing them out there with the BATF Jackets working the WTC Attack.

I see them at every other event from WACO to a "Church Bombing"

Is it because the use of a "Firearm" was not used. I would have thought that the Law Enforcement Agencies could have used all the help they could get.

What Gives???? I want to here from some of you members that are "Agents" on this.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm NOT an ATF agent, but i was watching the news coverage on tuesday and i saw several ATF agents working.

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Bomb All Terrorists First.

I saw some on the news too. They didn't have any masks on this time though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
They are hard at work trying to find people who have committed paperwork violations. You know the "homegrown terrorist" types.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They are hard at work trying to find people who have committed paperwork violations. You know the "homegrown terrorist" types.
View Quote

...and coming up with new rules to make us safer, no doubt.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen a couple on TV walking away and the camera guy nearly ran into while getting close up of he and the fellow agents' windbreakers.

Considering they are not guessing what did the damage and they don't have to figure out how the bomb was designed, they are mostly likely more concerned with finding survivors.

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
On a lighter note,  a local NYC reporter was arrested this week for impersonating a Federal Law Enforcement Officer at the WTC. It seems that he donned a jacket with "BATF" emblazoned across the back and crossed through a police line. When challenged for his LE credentials, he claimed that he lost them in Tuesday's attack. I'm just guessing that somebody may have recognized from that other job he does on the side.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#8]
This isn't a BATF jurisdiction thing. When there's rights to be trampled on - they'll be out in force. In the meantime, this is an FBI/CIA case.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw a few too. They [u]are[/u] hard to recognize without the masks, & Ninja suits though.  

[i]raf, you stole my line (was gona say "Still at Dunkin' Donuts").[/i]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top