Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 3:26:37 PM EDT
Dog the bounty hunter goes down over a private phone conversation, but nobody seems to care about Montel Williams threatening to blow people up in public.  Amazing.

Sat Dec 1, 10:10 AM ET

SAVANNAH, Ga. - Talk show host Montel Williams has apologized for an angry confrontation with reporters who said he threatened them.

Williams — in Savannah to promote a program giving free prescriptions to low-income people — became upset with a reporter's question Friday and terminated an interview.

When the Savannah Morning-News reporters later returned to the hotel for an unrelated assignment, he approached one of them — high school student Courtney Scott, an intern at the newspaper.

"As we were preparing to film, Montel walked up with his bodyguard and got in Courtney Scott's face pointing his finger telling her 'Don't look at me like that. Do you know who I am? I'm a big star, and I can look you up, find where you live and blow you up,'" said Joseph Cosey, a web content producer for the newspaper. "At this time he was randomly pointing at all of us."

Scott said she wasn't sure how to interpret Williams' comment.

"I'm not sure if he meant 'blow me up' and ruin my career or really blow us up, but it was threatening," Scott said.

Williams, a patient advocate since being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, later issued a statement apologizing for the outburst.

"I mistakenly thought the reporter and photographer in question were at the hotel to confront me about some earlier comments," Williams said. "I was wrong, and I apologize for my overreaction."

The earlier interview ended after Scott asked Williams: "Do you think pharmaceutical companies would be discouraged from research and development if their profits were restricted?"

According to the reporters, Williams reacted angrily, saying:

"I'm trying to figure out exactly why you are here and what the interview is about. I'm here as a patient advocate talking about the fact that medications available today are saving people's lives, that's what's saving mine and after that, this interview is done."

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
it's todays double standard
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Whatever happened when he said that he was going to go to Area 51 with cameras?  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe her life was threatened.

Even if it's not her doing it, charges should be pursued.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Big star, huh? You an't bulletproof, asshole.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
This a Military bashing thread?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm trying to figure it out before I ask.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Sigh, having an oblique sense of humor can be frustrating at times.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Beyond the fact that this qualifies as WGAF material, You do know only white people can be wrong don't you?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He enlisted in the Marines and got out of the Navy as a Lieutenant Commander after 22 years.

Military service doesnt automatically mean someone's a great person, but the Code of Conduct of this website might take exception to it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps I am mistaken but I believe Montel went to the Naval Academy - thus the Military referance??...Just a guess??
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Sharpton, Jackson and the rest of their ilk aren't around because their whole act revolves around trashing whitey.  No whites to trash here, so they're nowhere to be found.  Why we all don't wake up to this simple fact and stop kowtowing to them like they're some kind of Media Gods is just beyond me.  They're carnival performers, and poor ones at that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top