Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/11/2005 1:13:32 PM EDT
Not much here in this little town for cell phone retailers...........what are my other options?

Only need a phone on a rare occassion for a quick call.........but when I need it, I really need a cell phone!!

Which way to turn?? Thanks for any help.

vmax84
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:16:32 PM EDT
Have you tried the internet????
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:19:05 PM EDT
More specifically, I was hoping someone would step up and say:

"hey man, try this place over here........only X per month and great service. "

I just don't want to get a cell phone, but there's been a couple times I really needed one.

thanks.

vmax84

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:30:37 PM EDT
Get one of those prepaid jobs over the internet. $25. No monthly fees and you can use it when you need it.

Don't bother with the local retailers. They will try and upsell you into maintenance contracts, deposits , two year agreements; stuff you do not need.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:36:31 PM EDT
You might want to try a prepaid phone. They're on the shelves at most major stores like Wal-Mart, Target, etc. There is no monthly plan or contract - the phone comes with some number of minutes on it. Once you use up those minutes, you have to "recharge" it with a minute card, available at gas stations and convenience stores. The minutes are expensive compared to monthly plans, but it's a good deal if you don't want to use it a lot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:37:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JoeWang:
Get one of those prepaid jobs over the internet. $25. No monthly fees and you can use it when you need it.

Don't bother with the local retailers. They will try and upsell you into maintenance contracts, deposits , two year agreements; stuff you do not need.

Have you found a particular company that has worked well for you on this? Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:40:34 PM EDT
Thanks.........I'll stop into Walmart before I head off to work. didn't realize they may have something like this.

vmax84
Top Top