Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 1:22:20 PM EST
I was wondering since I just went through a possible disaster. I keep all the serial #s, manuals and gun paperwork in one giant ziplock bag in a cupboard with my financial records. That way I can grab it all at a moments notice.
Got your stuff ready? What if there's a fire? If you can get the gun stuff quick it leaves more time to save the kids, pets and wife.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:25:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:26:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
I was wondering since I just went through a possible disaster. I keep all the serial #s, manuals and gun paperwork in one giant ziplock bag in a cupboard with my financial records. That way I can grab it all at a moments notice.
Got your stuff ready? What if there's a fire? If you can get the gun stuff quick it leaves more time to save the kids, pets and wife.

In that order!

I keep my originals documents in the safe and I have copies in a desk drawer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:30:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:33:21 PM EST
I have all the numbers, descirptions and estimates on my laptop, on my popcket PC, and on a CD-ROM that I burn along with digital pictures that I keep in my office (updated every couple of months).

In the same files, I also have pictures of everything in my house along wiht a detaile list of most of my property. If my house were to burn down or something, it would be a very convenient thing to have for the insurance company.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:33:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 1:34:11 PM EST by warlord]
All fo the original paper work in the family safe deposit box. I have photocopies of all reciepts in a plastic bag at home along with all the manuals.

BTW: I have all of the original boxes also.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:33:45 PM EST
My gun fell in the river when I was fishing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:43:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By Penguin_101:
My gun fell in the river when I was fishing.

Now see. That is why you need to keep receipts handy in case of a boating accident. This way it is easy to give the inforamtion to the insurance company.

Paraord16
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:47:12 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:47:50 PM EST
I keep one copy here at home, two copies in a file drawer at work, one hard copy and one on disc. I also keep a file on everything that has a serial number also, lawn mower, saws, tv's etc. It's a JBT thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:52:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By anothergene:
No docs, no records...I watched Red Dawn.

In Red Dawn they got the records from the FFLs so unless you bought all yours private....
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:56:55 PM EST
guns are ickey
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:01:29 PM EST
We were having this conversation at supper.

Mother-in-law asked about insuring guns, led to discusion of serial numbers and privacy. Wife said guns are on record with dealers...

I said "what guns?".

Iowa does not require record keeping for private transactions. The only guns I own are the ones I want to admit to. Sold a few, lost a few, got this here 10/22 and a .38...

Serial numbers are safely tucked away.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:08:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:21:45 PM EST
Serial numbers the insurance co has. NFA stamps are in a safety deposit box.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:22:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:31:28 PM EST
Not having any items where papers are required, I don't keep them....

For C&R (I have a license) or NFA, if I aquire any I will deal with it then...
Top Top