Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 2:22:20 PM EDT
I was wondering since I just went through a possible disaster. I keep all the serial #s, manuals and gun paperwork in one giant ziplock bag in a cupboard with my financial records. That way I can grab it all at a moments notice.
Got your stuff ready? What if there's a fire? If you can get the gun stuff quick it leaves more time to save the kids, pets and wife.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was wondering since I just went through a possible disaster. I keep all the serial #s, manuals and gun paperwork in one giant ziplock bag in a cupboard with my financial records. That way I can grab it all at a moments notice.
Got your stuff ready? What if there's a fire? If you can get the gun stuff quick it leaves more time to save the kids, pets and wife.

In that order!

I keep my originals documents in the safe and I have copies in a desk drawer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have all the numbers, descirptions and estimates on my laptop, on my popcket PC, and on a CD-ROM that I burn along with digital pictures that I keep in my office (updated every couple of months).

In the same files, I also have pictures of everything in my house along wiht a detaile list of most of my property.  If my house were to burn down or something, it would be a very convenient thing to have for the insurance company.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#5]
All fo the original paper work in the family safe deposit box. I have photocopies of all reciepts in a plastic bag  at home along with all the manuals.

BTW: I have all of the original boxes also.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
My gun fell in the river when I was fishing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My gun fell in the river when I was fishing.

Now see.  That is why you need to keep receipts handy in case of a boating accident.  This way it is easy to give  the inforamtion to the insurance company.      

Paraord16
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I keep one copy here at home, two copies in a file drawer at work, one hard copy and one on disc.  I also keep a file on everything that has a serial number also, lawn mower, saws, tv's etc.  It's a JBT thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No docs, no records...I watched Red Dawn.  

In Red Dawn they got the records from the FFLs so unless you bought all yours private....
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#11]
guns are ickey
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#12]
We were having this conversation at supper.

Mother-in-law asked about insuring guns, led to discusion of serial numbers and privacy. Wife said guns are on record with dealers...

I said "what guns?".

Iowa does not require record keeping for private transactions. The only guns I own are the ones I want to admit to. Sold a few, lost a few, got this here 10/22 and a .38...

Serial numbers are safely tucked away.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Serial numbers the insurance co has.  NFA stamps are in a safety deposit box.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Not having any items where papers are required, I don't keep them....

For C&R (I have a license) or NFA, if I aquire any I will deal with it then...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top