Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/4/2004 1:56:14 PM EDT
I had a buddies girlfriend try to tell me that they dont go to heaven, but that they live eternity in thier happiest memory?

I thought that Jewish people believed that they go to heaven?

Help me out here. Apparently one of us does not know anything. Of course, I am not Jewish, so I hope for her sake it is me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask ten different Jews and you will get ten different answers. Technically there is no real answer to the question.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
But there is only one correct answer, whether any of us know it or not.

AMEN, my brother.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#5]
HELL
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Abraham's bosom
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
HELL

.....Whats the hell that about

Edit to add..ur name serves u well..
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Detroit...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Skokie?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Peter (reading to kids): And if you are pure of heart indeed, you'll all go to a beautiful place called Heaven.
Kids: <smiles>
Peter: Hahah, i'm yankin ya, you just rot in the ground.
Kids: <crying>

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't know.  South Florida perhaps?

+ 1 !!

5sub

Atlantic coast, not the Gulf.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Around here it's Palm Springs.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Ask the G-man.  He had lunch with Jews.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HELL

Xtian doctran, all that don't believe Jesus is lord and savior will go to hell.  It's simple.

Glad to see you degrade this post  to childish name calling as soon as you dissagree with some one.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#17]
We go to be with G-d.  If we aren't worthy we get eternity of no G-d, nothingness.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not a Jew, but I think they believe that heaven is closeness to god and hell (rather than a place) is distance from or without god.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#22]
It says in the KING JAMES VERSION BIBLE where you will go ; one way or the other .
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't get this, how can one say you need to be christian to goto heaven, then they can say a Jew can goto heaven as well?

Kind of like two wheels on a car, it might move but will it get you any place far?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HELL

Xtian doctran, all that don't believe Jesus is lord and savior will go to hell.  It's simple.

Glad to see you degrade this post  to childish name calling as soon as you dissagree with some one.

Hey u had to choice to make up that name and u did..so stop crying if i point out ur name. LoL
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Boca Raton?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HELL

Hey u had to choice to make up that name and u did..so stop crying if i point out ur name. LoL

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't get this, how can one say you need to be christian to goto heaven, then they can say a Jew can goto heaven as well?

Kind of like two wheels on a car, it might move but will it get you any place far?

It is simple really when one considers that Christianity is a direct extension of Judaism and is in fact a Jewish faith.  In short, Christianity, which follows the teachings of a devout Jew as savior and messiah, can be seen as the vehicle which brought the one true God to a wider audience. For those whose particular brand of Christianity would deny this simple truth I would offer that to deny the father is to deny the son.  To deny the word and teachings of the father is to disbelieve in the son.  The Jews know what the father taught them and have kept the faith for nearly 6 thousand years.  So, the Jews that kept the faith will certainly go to God when it is time, as will those who sought their salvation through the son without denying the truth that is in the words of the father.  One cannot believe in the latter without knowing the former to be true.  One can also not deny the previous covenant because more was added later to add people not included in the first.

WOW that was a awesome post.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#30]
The Jews are God's choosen people, thats what i have always been taught . What exsactly it means IDK
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Skokie?

You beat me to it!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#32]

It is simple really when one considers that Christianity is a direct extension of Judaism and is in fact a Jewish faith.  In short, Christianity, which follows the teachings of a devout Jew as savior and messiah, can be seen as the vehicle which brought the one true God to a wider audience. For those whose particular brand of Christianity would deny this simple truth I would offer that to deny the father is to deny the son.  To deny the word and teachings of the father is to disbelieve in the son.  The Jews know what the father taught them and have kept the faith for nearly 6 thousand years.  So, the Jews that kept the faith will certainly go to God when it is time, as will those who sought their salvation through the son without denying the truth that is in the words of the father.  One cannot believe in the latter without knowing the former to be true.  One can also not deny the previous covenant because more was added later to add people not included in the first.

UNBELIEVABLY WELL STATED.  GREAT POST!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
HELL

That's very insensitive.  [Rant mode on] Jews were worshipping the God of Abraham when your ancestors were worshipping Odin, trees, or whatever pagan god was in vogue at the time.  How dare you Johnny-come-latelys tell them that they are not correctly worshipping their own God?  First you usurp their God, then their Bible and now you've got the gall to tell them that they're going to hell?  Heck, you're probably not even descended from Abraham so the majority of what's in the Bible doesn't apply to you.  [Rant mode off]

Answer:  no one knows where any of us are going, although some believe they do.  In the end, we'll find out who's right.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HELL

img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/denderwuz/u2choice.jpg

a commentary on grammar  from somebody who can't spell doctrine correctly???
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#35]
For all of you "jews dont go to heaven" people  

Jesus was jewish...............so does that mean the son of god didnt make it to heaven?

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Detroit...hr

Yeah, that's Hell alright!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HELL

+1

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HELL

Glad to see YOU degrade the post with a knee-JERK doctrinaire slam on any "non-believers", fuckhead.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Jesus was jewish...............so does that mean the son of god didnt make it to heaven?

Well, since He clearly believed He was The Christ, wouldn't that make Him a Christian?

All joking aside, it is pretty simple, the Bible says this:  "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."

Those that don't, don't go to heaven.  Pre-Messiah Jews go to heaven because they had faith FORWARD to the Messiah.  Post-Messiah Jews that believe in Christ also go to heaven, but Post-Messiah Jews who do not believe in Christ do not.

So sorry, but if you don't like it, take it up with God...not me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, since He clearly believed He was The Christ, wouldn't that make Him a Christian?

All joking aside, it is pretty simple, the Bible says this:  "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."

Those that don't, don't go to heaven.  Pre-Messiah Jews go to heaven because they had faith FORWARD to the Messiah.  Post-Messiah Jews that believe in Christ also go to heaven, but Post-Messiah Jews who do not believe in Christ do not.

So sorry, but if you don't like it, take it up with God...not me.

I love how you folks take one statement and then assume another.  Please point out ANYWHERE where Christ says that not believing in him will send you to "Hell."

I also love your non quote "quote" - throwing "shalt" in there makes it appear legitimitate to the KJV people, but that doesn't make it so.

Everything you stated is non-biblical interpretation.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ask the G-man.  He had lunch with Jews.

Once.

Seriously though, Jews of course go to heaven by Abraham's covenant.

The covenant has been fulfilled by the coming of the Messiah. (read Jesus)

But don't ask me, I'm a Presbyterian.  Therefore I believe that you can only be redeemed by God's gift of Grace.  (Predestination)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm sorry but when you kill God's only son it can't be good.  They may go to heaven but Jesus may bitch slap them before they enter...

Oh jeez...let the flames begin.  Let me just put on my mask...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Jesus was jewish, but only on his mother's side.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm sorry but when you kill God's only son it can't be good.  They may go to heaven but Jesus may bitch slap them before they enter...

Don't bother, these threads come up every few weeks, most of the frequent posters and moderators on this site have a peculiar idea of Christianity, kind of Judiaism Jr.  You'd figure John 14:6 and John 8:37, 40 and 44 (Hell, the entire Gospel of St. John) are pretty clear, but apparently that's not the case.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't bother, these threads come up every few weeks, most of the frequent posters and moderators on this site have a peculiar idea of Christianity, kind of Judiaism Jr.  You'd figure John 14:6 and John 8:37, 40 and 44 (Hell, the entire Gospel of St. John) are pretty clear, but apparently that's not the case.

I'm quite familiar with the Gospel of John - have you ever read it WITHOUT interpreting it to fit your existing beliefs?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Jews were worshipping the God of Abraham when your ancestors were worshipping Odin, trees, or whatever pagan god was in vogue at the time.  How dare you Johnny-come-latelys tell them that they are not correctly worshipping their own God?  First you usurp their God, then their Bible and now you've got the gall to tell them that they're going to hell?  Heck, you're probably not even descended from Abraham so the majority of what's in the Bible doesn't apply to you.  

Extremely well put.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#47]
If it makes you feel better, nobody is going anywhere.  The believers don't ascend, the non believers don't decend, the good don't get rewarded, and the bad don't get punished.  Death is final, the next act belongs to the worms.  Lights out....

Sweet dream...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#49]
A Kosher pickle jar???
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#50]
who's got the "Not this shit again picture"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top