Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/17/2005 1:52:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2005 2:49:31 PM EST by junebug68]
I just got ahold of a sweet Remington 870 police trade-in. It's blued right now, and I would like to get it parkerized. I was looking into Wilson Combat's "Remington Steal", but I'm not sure it's worth 199.00. My gun doesn't really need to be rebuilt, although I would like to have a Flex-tab installed. Does anyone have any leads on where to get refinishing done at reasonable cost? Thanks in advance for the replys.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:04:51 PM EST
"Culvers Shooting Pages" has do-it-yourself parkerizing instructions. Norrels Moly Resin would be a good option also. There was a thread in Build it yourself that detailed the process.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:28:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By diesel1:
"Culvers Shooting Pages" has do-it-yourself parkerizing instructions. Norrels Moly Resin would be a good option also. There was a thread in Build it yourself that detailed the process.

I was looking into Moly Resin too. Wish I had the time to parkerize stuff like I used to, but unfortunately I don't.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:30:43 PM EST
You could almost buy a brand new 870 for the cost of getting the old one refinished....
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:05:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
You could almost buy a brand new 870 for the cost of getting the old one refinished....

I know... By the time I get finished doing what I want to do to it, I will have spent a couple hundred bucks!
Top Top