Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2001 5:39:31 PM EDT
Hey guys,
 Looking for a couple M1969 Trainers. Anyplace I can get them for a fair price online? I'd like one to play around and refinish the stock, and I'd like one to camo up for small game hunting, to go along with the ghillie I am making! ;-) Thanks!

-Jared
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
.22lr right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they are .22rl bolt action, 5 shot detachable mag. Thanks for looking

-Jared
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
here you go...

[url]http://www.classicarms.org.[/url]

from their site:
ROMANIAN 22 RIFLES
THIS 5 SHOT MAG FED BOLT ACTION RIFLE WAS ORIGINALLY DESIGNED AS A MILITARY TRAINING WEAPON.

C&R FFL PRICE: 59.95

Good Luck

Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks man,
  Can anyone "one up" him for price... Money is tight, need the best deal I can get.

-Jared
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
$59 is about as cheap as you are going to find.
i know this does not help but today at a gunshow in memphis a dealer had about 30 to
choose from 69.99. i almost bought one or two
, but i came home with a .30 carbine instead.
[x]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I paid $49.99 for mine about a year ago from Wholesale Guns and Ammo in New York. The Bummer thing is I paid $8 for shipping and a $20 transfer fee for my FFL. Its a darn good shooter. It will shoot groups tighter than my 10/22. The only bad side of thing is it shoots about 1 inch to the right at 30 yards and I have not figured out who to adjust the windage (if you even can). I want to figure out how to mount a Lyman rear peep sight on it. I am thinking I would have to mill off the rear v sight and then drill holes into the reciever and then screw the sight in. This Winter my project is going to be trying to make a new stock for it. If any body hase any tips for me please feel free to pass them on.

Six
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Grizzly, in wisconsin dunham's sporting goods sells them in their stores. You'll probably have to call around to see if they still have them in stock. If they don't it may be possible that they'll get them in again some day. Hopefully there's another batch waiting to be imported.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#8]
10/22. The only bad side of thing is it shoots about 1 inch to the right at 30 yards and I have not figured out who to adjust the windage
View Quote

Sixgun, isn't your rear sight in a dovetail groove? Get a wood dowel, or brass punch and knock it over to the left with a hammer.

Anybody know where to get parts for this rifle? I need an extractor. Mines a single shot right now. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#9]
This is a picture of a Romanian training rifle with the exact same rear sight as mine.

[url]http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=1759546[/url]

I could not figure out a place to hit it in order to knock it over.

Six
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#10]
As they become less available, it seems the prices have started to climb a bit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have not figured out who to adjust the windage (if you even can).

Six
View Quote

Six,
The rear sight is drift adjustable for windage. Just use a good quality brass punch. It won't take much movement to get one inch at 30 yards, so go easy.
How is the extraction and ejection on your example?
Tupperware
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I could not figure out a place to hit it in order to knock it over.

Six
View Quote

?????[>:/]??????
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 4:54:34 AM EDT
[#13]
The rifle functions flawlessly. Exctracts on ejects.

Six
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone else think these rifles are great?

Six
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I have several, but I have been refinishing them. I have one done, and one I just finished cleaning up. I'll need to head to the range after I get some more 22lr.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:18:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I got one from wholesale guns too.  Mine shoots really good, and it was really clean looking.  Did a hand select too.  Only thing was some yellow paint on the stock.  Good shooter, and it can do some decent groups at 100 mm.
c-rock
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anybody have any idea how to put a rear peep sight on this rifle.

Six
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top