Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 10:23:07 AM EDT

This(head pipe off engine) is a mild steel pipe with a ceramic coating, I want something similar made with 304 stainless. Any leads on where I can get something like this made??

This isn't my bike(I have the same one) or dog, so I can't answer any questions about it.....lol!

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
there are plenty of aftermarket exhausts on the market with stainless headers. Google a bit
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#2]
It would prolly be cheaper if you took your current head pipe and got it triple plate cromed.  What bike is it for?  Try Dennis kirk..
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Google, yahoo, there are not any that I have found that make a stainless header for this bike.

In fact only Big Gun even includes a head pipe, and this is theirs.

www.hindle.com/mx%20page/mxkawasaki.htm

Hindle says coming soon, however no info available from them yet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Just try a local machine shop or sheet metal shop.  Many fabricate stuff from scratch all the time, and 304 stainless is not exactly an exotic material... readily available.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/palmtreee/TexiandStaintune.jpg

This(head pipe off engine) is a mild steel pipe with a ceramic coating, I want something similar made with 304 stainless. Any leads on where I can get something like this made??

This isn't my bike(I have the same one) or dog, so I can't answer any questions about it.....lol!

Thanks

Just so you get the terminology right, you're looking for stainless tube (thin walled) not pipe (thick walled).

Any half-decent machine shop or fabricator should be able to weld one up for you, if you are just looking for a copy.  Don't expect it to be cheap though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top