Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 6:38:50 PM EDT
I've looked in Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, McCoys, TSC...

I just CANNOT find 1/4" 28 thread screws in the length I need.  Basically I need it for the PG I'm making, but I want to use a much longer one than the standard PG screw.

Instead of the standard 1 or 2 inch length I want one thats more like 4 or 5 inches.

Is there a website that sells such things?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
maybe here www.smallparts.com/

mostly small stuff though
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
maybe here www.smallparts.com/

mostly small stuff though

no luck.  Thanks anyways though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll look when I get home to see if I have anything like that in my bolt bin. If I find one, I'll IM you tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll look when I get home to see if I have anything like that in my bolt bin. If I find one, I'll IM you tomorrow night.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Bump.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at the toggle bolts. They usually have longer screws.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
What about getting a die and cutting your own?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't know what a PG is, however, Lowes, Ace and the Homeless Depot all sell bolt/screw stock in different length threads.
It's a threaded rod.

I used to use the local "nut, bolt and bearing" shops when I was stationed at Pt. Mugu when I needed specialized hardware for my motorcycles.

These are the ones I remember.
King Bearing Inc
Motion Industries Inc
Industrial Bolt & Supply
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Don't know what a PG is, however, Lowes, Ace and the Homeless Depot all sell bolt/screw stock in different length threads.
It's a threaded rod.

I used to use the local "nut, bolt and bearing" shops when I was stationed at Pt. Mugu when I needed specialized hardware for my motorcycles.

These are the ones I remember.
King Bearing Inc
Motion Industries Inc
Industrial Bolt & Supply

Pistol Grip.

So what do I do with the stock?  Weld it onto the length?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
McMaster-Carr Supply Co.

Wow. that place has a boatload of different screws. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#12]
You would get the correct threaded rod, cut it to length, then thread one end in the lower and slip the pistol grip over the threaded rod, set the rear takedown pin retaining pin and spring in place and then use a nut to secure the pistol grip in place by running it down the threaded rod.
You could use a nylock nut to help keep it in place.

It would be just like an engine block stud.

As far as cutting it to length you just get two nuts and thread them down the rod to just below the length you want, tighten them up against each other and use a hack saw to cut the rod.

Then unscrew the nuts from the rod over the end you just cut, these will act as dies and save/smooth out the cut threads.

Quoted:
So what do I do with the stock?  Weld it onto the length?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top