Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2004 12:49:54 PM EDT
I see weed-n-feed all over the place.  My lawn is fine and doesn't need to be 'fed'.  I really just want to kill the weeds.  All I can find is the little hand held spray bottles of broad leaf weed killers.  Does anyone know of either bulk liquid concentrate weed killer that won't harm grass or better yet bags of pellets, just like weed-n-feed minus the "feed"?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Gasoline does wonders.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Gasoline does wonders.

Gasoline and a match does even more
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Down here in Texas all feed/farm supply stores carry 2-4-d, or Grazon, which are broadleaf weed killers.
Check with a farm supply store there, and they can get it.
In small quantities you probably won't need any type of license.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of grass is it.  Yuo should have hit it with roundup while it was still dormat.  2-4-d isn't bad.  Mix a little dawn in with it to make it stick better
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Burn it all than you won't have to worry about the weeds or cutting it .
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
How about Weed-B-Gone.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I buy this concoction from Southern States that has 2-4-D and Mcpp in it, whacks the weeds in less than 24 hours, jug is so old < 5 gallons> I can hardly make out the lettering.

Good part is that it takes 1/4 cup per 3 gallons, so a little goes a long way.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Ortho makes a one time use hose end sprayer version of thier excellent weed control product WEED-B GONE.   Hook this up to your hose turn it on and spray away and your weed will be history.  Trying to eradicate broad leaf weeds with a granular product can be tricky but there are some products out there.  The key to getting good results with granular weed controls is to apply them when the lawn is slighty long and slighty wet(early in morning usually) so that the granules stick to as much surface area of the weed as possible.  The best results will be from the liquid application and the target weeds should be actively growing so if it is still early in the season as it is here in NY on Long Island you might want to wait  for slightly warmer weather.  On the other hand if the temps are going to be  on the high side(mid to high eightes)then you should wait for cooler temps since a lot of weed controls are fairly hot and could cause a burn.  Hope this helps and if you want more specific help shoot me an e mail with more questions.  I'm a golf course superintendent and a NYS certified pesticide applicator.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What kind of grass is it.  

KGB?

Green?

Red Hair?

Jamacian?

Afgani?

Bammer?

Has it been dusted at all?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How about Weed-B-Gone.

What he said !
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Purple sticky cush!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top