Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/29/2012 2:00:18 PM EDT
Where can I find grips for this revolver? It is a Colt Police Positive special chambered in 38 S&W. The serial number is 693595. Can anyone tell me anything about this gun? What is it worth, How old is it?

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:00:41 PM EDT
numrich or gunbroker
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:05:54 PM EDT
There are choices and I am not sure what grips will fit. Some say "D" frame??? Some say square butt. How do I tell what grips will fit?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:10:49 PM EDT
Probably a .38 S&W Special....
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:18:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 17Z:
Probably a .38 S&W Special....

It is a 38 s&w. Were they originally 38s&w or were these guns re-chambered? It looks like some of the numbers were restamped.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:37:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2012 2:38:32 PM EDT by skidman]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:57:35 PM EDT
Some custom micarta grips would be teets.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:58:52 PM EDT
Would this gun be considered a round butt or a square butt?
Top Top