Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 1:30:59 PM EDT
I want to get a factory radio/CD player for my wife's car. The one in it is just a radio, and a little messed up. If I go to the Ford dealer, it will likely cost me lots. I've tried the salvage yards with no luck, and the last time I looked on ebay there wasn't anything there. (I really don't want to buy from ebay anyway.) I just want to replace it without re-wiring for an after market radio.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Try a Crown Vic auto forum....or a Ford car forum.

Beat by 15 seconds on the CV forum....
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Ebay man! I've found some pretty neat things for my Ranger on ebay.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Find an unattended police cruiser!

just thought of it, taxi companies buy wrecked vics just for parts, they might be able to hook you up with a dated cv
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The Police cars have a cheap POS AM/FM radio. Your wife's 00 most likely came with a AM/FM/Cassette receiver which is actually pretty decent. What did you want to upgrade to, a CD/MP3 receiver? Expect to pay $$$. I would just get an aftermarket receiver + kit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a cheap POS AM/FM you could have had for shipping but I threw it out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top