Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 12:48:34 PM EDT
Since getting married in Vegas back in July of 2000, I have been wanting to go back there real bad.  The original plan was to go back a year later to renew our vows but, I made a drastic career change and cut my income by about two thirds. (don't believe anyone that tells you the restaurant business is a good way to make a living)  I've been saving what I can to keep my original promise to my wife to go back and I know the Bellagio won't be part of my travel itenerary. I know there are deals out there and have done some research but, I can't quite figure out when the off season begins
Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Major family holidays. You can get great room deals around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The major party holidays are the exact opposite.

Ofcourse the rates are the highest whenever there is a big convention in town.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Talking with a buddy of mine who lives in LV at the exact time this post came up!!! How funny is that?... I asked him and he said "it depends on what is going on in Vegas at each hotel at the particular time"  "they all change their prices based on demand "

Then I asked "any particular dates??"

he said "November is usually more expensive.  so is late January and early Feb "

Hope that helps.

He also says "You can always get rooms for as little as $30/night. It just won't necessarily be at one of the nice strip hotels. and you can check out Travelocity.com "
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You can ALWAYS find a deal in Vegas.  The wild card is airfare.   I've had a lot of luck with Southwest lately but you know how all that works.

WIth regard to season, seems like late summer (August) wasn't too bad.   It was hot as all dickens tho.  Guess that's probably why.   But at any rate, it wasn't hard to find a cheap flight and got a good room rate.  

Make sure you go Monday thru Thursday, you get much cheaper bookings, or much nicer hotels for your budget.

Go to the LA Times web site, check the print ads to see who is running specials.   Also, check Travelaxe.com, a super way to scan the internet for specials.  

Consider some of the downtown venues.  Main Street Station is a nice joint and it can be really cheap.  (Watch out for the fake two-deck tho).   The Golden Nugget is a 4-star resort, and its usually not cheap but sometimes they run specials.   (They have an excellent deal going now).  

My wife thinks the best value on the strip is the Mirage.  Their rooms run about a third of what Bellagio charges but it is a really really nice place, very plush and very classy.  Don't look for much in the way of comps, but especially if you go early in the week, the rent shouldnt be too bad, and it will spoil you so much you might feel guilty.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top