Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:03:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 6:08:47 AM EDT by mjohn3006]
With over 6k posts I already know the answer to this question. But I am going to ask it anyway. Vampires have always fascinated me a whole lot more than zombies. But we talk almost entirely about Zombies. Finally there is a vampire thread, but typically the vampire threads dust in a page or two. There is so much more out there people!

When you think about supernatural SHTF what do you think of?

Zombies: The dead revived. Sometimes strong, sometimes not. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow. They can bite you and eat your brains. You can kill them with some well placed gun shots.

Vampires: The dead revived and inhabited by a demon. Very strong. A little quicker than the average human. Sharp fangs. You can kill with sunlight, penetration of the heart with wood, and decapitation.

Werewolves. The living transformed to dog. Very strong, very fast, sharp fangs and claws. You can kill with silver bullets, or just capture till the sun comes up and then kill their pathetic human self with something as simple as a Wal-Mart 9mm white box.

Giant Insects. The bugus made biggerus. Strong and fast usually. Sharp arm thingies and weird sharp mouth thingies. Sometime have stingers or poisonous fangs. You can kill with gun shots, but it usually takes a bunch of ammo. Your best bet is fire.

Something to get some Photoshops going:
The Looter. The New Orleansis steal the Heinekenis. Medium strength, able to lift large quantities of Heineken. Can wade through water very efficiently. Can kill with skunked beer. Easy to lure into a trap with shiny objects.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:55:29 AM EDT
Global pandemic.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:59:30 AM EDT
definately damn zombies!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:01:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 0612Devil:
definately damn zombies!

+1 and they are not make believe. They are real. (democrats)
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:01:42 AM EDT
uuuuunggggggggggghhhhhhhh bbbbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnsssssssss unnnnnngggggghhhhhhh
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:07:30 AM EDT
Land roving sharks with frikken laser beams on their heads
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:13:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 7:13:50 AM EDT by IAMLEGEND]
There's an other explanation (than the demonic stuff) for vampires. You ought to read "I Am Legend".

And, yes, vampires are what I think about for a "supernatural" SHTF. ;)
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:14:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 7:16:08 AM EDT by Q3131A]

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:
With over 6k posts I already know the answer to this question. But I am going to ask it anyway. Vampires have always fascinated me a whole lot more than zombies. But we talk almost entirely about Zombies. Finally there is a vampire thread, but typically the vampire threads dust in a page or two. There is so much more out there people!

Zombies: The dead revived. Sometimes strong, sometimes not. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow. They can bite you and eat your brains. You can kill them with some well placed gun shots.

Zombie hordes are the classic. They are unthinking and driven to feed. Not necessarily on brains. That was a joke movie from the 80s.

Vampires: The dead revived and inhabited by a demon. Very strong. A little quicker than the average human. Sharp fangs. You can kill with sunlight, penetration of the heart with wood, and decapitation.

Vampire hordes are less likely. Vampires generally want to keep their numbers low to keep an ample food supply. They are smart and calculating.

Werewolves. The living transformed to dog. Very strong, very fast, sharp fangs and claws. You can kill with silver bullets, or just capture till the sun comes up and then kill their pathetic human self with something as simple as a Wal-Mart 9mm white box.

So, how many silver plated bullets have you made through electrolysis? Coat them with molly and you may have an effective cheap defense against Werewolves. Also, I believe that you need silver to kill them in human form as well.

Giant Insects. The bugus made biggerus. Strong and fast usually. Sharp arm thingies and weird sharp mouth thingies. Sometime have stingers or poisonous fangs. You can kill with gun shots, but it usually takes a bunch of ammo. Your best bet is fire.

Giant Insects already live among us here in FL. Here is one that landed on my window last year. This is not a photoshop. He was somewhere between 10" and 12".

Note: we have had a drier summer this year, so I haven't seen one nearly this big this year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:16:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Q3131A:
quote]Originally Posted By mjohn3006:

Zombie hordes are the classic. They are unthinking and driven to feed. Not necessarily on brains. That was a joke movie from the 80s.

Vampire hordes are less likely. Vampires generally want to keep their numbers low to keep an ample food supply. They are smart and calculating.

So, how many silver plated bullets have you made through electrolysis? Coat them with molly and you may have an effective cheap defense against Werewolves. Also, I believe that you need silver to kill them in human form as well.

Giant Insects already live among us here in FL. Here is one that landed on my window last year. This is not a photoshop. He was somewhere between 10" and 12".
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=28858
Note: we have had a drier summer this year, so I haven't seen one nearly this big this year.

Got a deep fryer?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:17:54 AM EDT

/quote]

Kill it with fire!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:18:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By IAMLEGEND:
There's an other explanation (than the demonic stuff) for vampires. You ought to read "I Am Legend".

Curse of Kane?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:19:58 AM EDT
I think Armageddon, and I sincerely hope to not be here when it happens.

I'm not sure how I'd offer my toys and disaster preps to less-believing family members who'd be "left behind"... I don't want to insult them but I'd like them to know that if my wife and I disappear, they can have my stuff...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:21:04 AM EDT
Zombies!!!

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:21:44 AM EDT
A M.A.D scenario played out.

As one poster said "A global pandemic" which seems highly likely considering our dependance on anti-biotics only increases as strains mutate in response.

But you said supernatural...zombies for sure...those bastards are gonna be tough.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:24:37 AM EDT
Vampires, werewolves and giant bugs aren't real. A SHTF situation involving any of these monsters is too far fetched to even worry about.

I've seen plenty of zombie documentaries thougth. Those things are the real threat.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:27:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:

Curse of Kane?

----------SPOILER FOR THE BOOK I AM LEGEND------------

It's a weird wind/dust borne bacteria. Depending on whether the body dies or not before a critical point in the disease progression the victim comes back as a clumsy, stupid zombie-like vampire or more mobile, thinking vampire.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:28:39 AM EDT
Im not as cool as "blade" so i cant kill vampires - But i can pop acouple caps in some zombies for sure
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:29:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 0612Devil:
definately damn zombies!

But are zombies usually created by man screwing around with viruses and other crap?

If they're man created, then would it qualify as supernatural? Wouldn't supernatural be more like vampires, werewolves, and skeletons...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:29:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chooper:
Vampires, werewolves and giant bugs aren't real. A SHTF situation involving any of these monsters is too far fetched to even worry about.

I've seen plenty of zombie documentaries thougth. Those things are the real threat.

Your kidding right? There is a real picture or a real baby giant bug a couple posts up! Its a baby and will grow to be 10 feet long with a thirst for blood!

Vampires are real. Not in such numbers as the movies will have you believe, but I met a slayer once. She kicked my ass cause she thought my vodka/cherry slurpy was blood, and then told me to be carful cause she was hunting one. I might have been drunk at the time, but I remember it clear as mud.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:33:45 AM EDT

WHO YA GONNA CALL??

Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave. (He must post on ARFCOM!)
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:38:24 AM EDT
aliens
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:45:15 AM EDT
War of the Worlds, although not sure if that classifies as supernatural.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:49:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:56:49 AM EDT
My greatest fear...
The evil vile rampage of.....

RETURN OF THE KENNEDYS
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:58:54 AM EDT

CWO
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:10:59 AM EDT

'

do you have a copy you can loan me. I have been looking at b+N and 1/2 price books, can never find the damn thing

txl
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:49:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TxLewis:

'

do you have a copy you can loan me. I have been looking at b+N and 1/2 price books, can never find the damn thing

txl

I only have one and I can only find them online now. I have been asked a number of times for a loaner version so I think I will get one...I have to order a couple movies online anyway so I'll get a copy of the book too.
If I get my hands on a loaner I'll send it to you as long as you don't use the return address to settle some internet-grudge because of something insensitive I said months ago that I don't even remember.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:12:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 10:16:05 AM EDT by Q3131A]

Originally Posted By brouhaha:

So how wide is that window frame then? Gotta be at least 8" wide.

Here is a pic of the window today for more perspective. My monitor is a 17" LCD.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:15:59 AM EDT
Zombies are real.

I wish Lesbian Vampires were.

Karnstein vampires rock.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:43:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 10:44:00 AM EDT by TxLewis]

If I get my hands on a loaner I'll send it to you as long as you don't use the return address to settle some internet-grudge because of something insensitive I said months ago that I don't even remember.

No worries, I can't remember last week, let alone months ago. And I usually only get in pissing matches with penguins.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:55:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:13:55 PM EDT

Here is a pic of the window today for more perspective. My monitor is a 17" LCD.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=39058

Why does one window have a frame and the other doesn't?

It is not a window frame. It is the inside of the window. It looks like a frame in the first pic, but it is not.

They are the same window. It now has a shade.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:17:12 PM EDT

It is not a window frame. It is the inside of the window. It looks like a frame in the first pic, but it is not.

I woulda caught that bug & sold it in eBay
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:17:12 PM EDT

A shade? Why didn't you put some fucking metal bars on if things like that are showing up?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:46:00 PM EDT
I just thought of something while reading this thread... YOU HAVE TO KILL ZOMBIES WITH A HEADSHOT!! why are we practicing for center mass??? It just knocks them down so they can come bite and infect us later!!!

(I like Resident Evil)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:49:25 PM EDT
godzilla
or the staypuft marshmallowman
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:05:56 PM EDT

A shade? Why didn't you put some fucking metal bars on if things like that are showing up?

They are smaller this year. The summer was dryer. They still make a bump bump sound when you drive over them with your car.

They are also DAMN hard to catch.
Top Top