Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/11/2002 8:03:41 AM EDT
I was doing some thinking last night (after a few beers) [beer] and something crossed my mind. How do I want to remember my life? I mean, when I'm old and reflecing on my life, for what do I want to be remembered? When someone asks me, "What was your life like when you were 21 or 27?" Do I want to say that everyday I went to work, maybe had a couple dates or more, saw some movies, went shooting or do I want to be able to say that I made a difference? Will I be able to say that I fought for a cause or stood up for something I believed in or stepped up to the plate when others wouldn't? I'm not sure if I'll be able to say any of these things, but I know these are things I'd like to be able to say. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:07:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:08:36 AM EDT
Bodies. Piles and piles of bodies.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:09:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/11/2002 10:50:14 AM EDT by DoubleFeed]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:06:39 AM EDT
When they kick my box up the aisle . . . From O'Reilly's book, "Be kind & generous. Care about people."
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:11:00 AM EDT
John: Don't sweat it too much. Here are a few phrases that I use to guide me. (Beekeeper kinda beat me to this, but I will state it in my own words anyway) I keep my word, even to my detriment, and especially to my kids. White Horse sez: "If a man ain't good for his word, he ain't worth sh!it." Drink deeply from the well of life. A friend of mine told me this when he was in his late 60's. "When I look back upon my life, it's the things I didn't do that I regret the most." I never miss an opportunity to try something new or travel. I have heard that the only Hell we face in the afterlife is the Love we didn't show in this life. Rock on, my brother! -White Horse
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:49:28 AM EDT
As the pall bearers groan things like, "I wish the fat bastard had tried Atkins, worked out or something", I hope that they all remember the good times. Plus how life, for them, is gonna kind of suck, now that I'm gone. Finally, I want the Pastor to lean over look at me and say, "Holy shit...he moved!"
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:32:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By White_horse: John: Don't sweat it too much. Here are a few phrases that I use to guide me. (Beekeeper kinda beat me to this, but I will state it in my own words anyway) I keep my word, even to my detriment, and especially to my kids. White Horse sez: "If a man ain't good for his word, he ain't worth sh!it." Drink deeply from the well of life. A friend of mine told me this when he was in his late 60's. "When I look back upon my life, it's the things I didn't do that I regret the most." I never miss an opportunity to try something new or travel. I have heard that the only Hell we face in the afterlife is the Love we didn't show in this life. Rock on, my brother! -White Horse
View Quote
Definietly rocking on, my brother!!! Your words: "If a man ain't good for his word, he ain't worth sh!it." have a lot of meaning. I wished more people would live by these words. People give me their word almost every day and almost every day, they disappoint me.
Top Top