Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 12:14:50 PM EDT
Whenever I find junk items I have to try my best to make some kind of crude weapon out of them.

Today it was an arm off a chair that broke.  After breaking a few peices off, cutting off the top padding I have a club with a metal "blade" sticking out the front.  With some small changes it also has its own handel that expands out at the push of a button
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Now if they would just have a wheelchair cavalry, you could get busy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Pic's?

And yes I do that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Improvised Weapon skills. Good to have when the zombies come.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I was sitting on the ground sharpening a stick into a spear while were waiting for the buses to come move us from one training area to another and a Drill Sergeant walked up to me and barked out "What are you doing?". I replied "Making a weapon, Drill Sergeant.". Drill Sergeant responded "Carry on".

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was sitting on the ground sharpening a stick into a spear while were waiting for the buses to come move us from one training area to another and a Drill Sergeant walked up to me and barked out "What are you doing?". I replied "Making a weapon, Drill Sergeant.". Drill Sergeant responded "Carry on".

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Zombie Melee Chair Arm

better than a spork I guess
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#7]
No but I do have a plan to kill every person I meet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#8]
No. I have guns.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Turned a putty knife into a real knife once, first by just scraping it against the concrete floor during break but I got into it and finished it with a disc grinder

Turned PVC piping into a potato cannon, a mortar, rocket motors, and a Hawaiian spear launcher.  PVC pipe is great stuff.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Turned a putty knife into a real knife once, first by just scraping it against the concrete floor during break but I got into it and finished it with a disc grinder

Turned PVC piping into a potato cannon, a mortar, rocket motors, and a Hawaiian spear launcher.  PVC pipe is great stuff.

PVC pipe + Estes model rockets = WIN
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]
No.  Not since I got out of prison.

Tooth brushes work too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No.  Not since I got out of prison.

Tooth brushes work too.

Toothbrush, saran wrap, and a lighter.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No. I have guns.

Well if they bust in, I got my gun, but if I dont have it, I have my knife, if I dont have that I have my club, if I dont have that I jump on the file cabinet, reach up in the ceiling and grab that shank I made out of metal I found in the parking lot
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PVC pipe + Estes model rockets = WIN

I made a signal rocket launcher when i was a teen with PVC pipe.  I took C-rocket motors w/ no delay, scraped the clay off the top stage, packed it with BP and colored confetti, fashioned a nose cone out of cardboard and hot glued it on in three spots.  I then took 3 bamboo food skewers and glued them to the side of the egine.  There were contact points for the igniters on the end of the pipe.  all i had to do was throw the rocket into the pipe, hook the igniters onto the contacts, and press the trigger.  

Mucho fun when you're a kid in the country.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#15]
yep. i cant seem to resist making some kind of sharp pointy doodad out of random junk.
i put together a small sharpening kit that i carry almost all of the time, an altoids can with mouse pad glued on the back, and a few stones and grades of emery cloth go inside.

i've put an edge on some odd shit while on CQ or staffduty in the wee hours.
been practicing flint knapping so i can sharpen rocks too!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Whenever I find junk items I have to try my best to make some kind of crude weapon out of them.

Today it was an arm off a chair that broke.  After breaking a few peices off, cutting off the top padding I have a club with a metal "blade" sticking out the front.  With some small changes it also has its own handel that expands out at the push of a button

Nothing abnormal about makin' weapons.. We all do it
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I tried making a chopping instrument out of a car leaf spring I found on the side of the road. Unsuccessfully
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
When you find something metal do you have to make it into a weapon?

Sure.

Well, except for that time I found a sword.  I beat that into a plowshare.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I made a bow in the backyard today
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, about 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#21]

This was a leaf spring off of a wrecked snow machine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/ak_rabon/20070708003.jpg

You made a pistol out of the leaf spring from a snow machine?  Wow...you're good..
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Constantly.

Ever since I was a kid it seems. (Lots of nunchuks,throwing stars,a few knives and ax type wepons,spears,potato guns,blow-guns...lots of blow guns,rockets,garrotes,a zip gun and a bang stick....and way too many bombs)

Not 'always' weapons, but almost any interesting piece of junk I pick up gets examined with a close eye for its possible future use. ( its a machinist thing I guess )

Quoted:

Quoted:
i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/ak_rabon/20070708003.jpg

You made a pistol out of the leaf spring from a snow machine?  Wow...you're good..

First thing I thought too.

Seriously though..........thats a beautiful knife.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Just testing you guys to see if you are paying attention.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Pic's?

And yes I do that.

yep
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#26]
hahaha.... I thought I was the only one... Everytime I disassemble an electric motor at work... I have to press the bearings off... chuck it up in the lathe... and turn it down in a a fine pointed stake ... I tell my co workers I am making a "shaft punching Tool" since most of them have no idea what I do any way... yet I've made 100's lol...

I usually fuck around with it and then end up tossing it... but heck... I should hold onto them just in case vampires ever attack most of them are stainless steel too... maybe I should hold onto them...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top