Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2002 9:46:08 AM EDT
....find the best selection/prices on the net?..... I have gone to travelocity,orbitz,and directly to the carrier's web sites......would you know any other options?....danka!

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#1]
What I did was send the wife to work for the airlines - Then I don't worry about price - if I fly for business, the company picks up the tab, so as long as I get there, I let them make the arrangements.

Find a spouse that works for an airline, and fly free! [:)]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm on the road a lot.  For years I used a travel agent but I found out I liked my choices of routes, segments and aircraft better.  I am picky about certain things...such as which plane type, which connecting airport, what time do I get in, and a few other seemingly small details that often end up biting you in the ass if you're not careful.

Now, none of the above matters much if all you're looking for is the cheapest fare.  Most of my travel is business related and for that I have to buy full fare tickets, just in case my itinerary suddenly changes.  In that case, I can still use the tickets without penalty.  For best fare numbers, I would use the above detailed search techniques, just tell the web site search engine to search for lowest fare.  My sister-in-law swears by Hotwire.com.

I try all the usual sites like Travelocity, Expedia and the others, then I go to the airlines' web sites for more detailed searching since the web travel agents listed here often don't have all the flights available.  Quite often, the airlines don't release info about certain flight over the web.  I don't know why, but I guess they are trying to steer the flying public to certain flights, segments, and markets.

Anyway, after thoroughly searching my brains out and wasting far too much time...I print out the options I like and call the airline that I have miles to burn with and make a reservation.  I then make sure they send me an e-ticket receipt by email or fax.

Good luck!

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]
OT: I haven't traveled in a number of years, and but I have heard from the news media to stay away from electronic tickets, because "if your flight is cancelled it is harder to rebook on another airline." I don't how true this is.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#5]
God jhasz,,,,
I think he was asking how to [b]save[/b] some money.[:D] [:D][:D]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
God jhasz,,,,
I think he was asking how to [b]save[/b] some money.[:D] [:D][:D]
View Quote
....LOL..you got that right 1.....save a few dollars on a flight so's I could pay for a womenz ,FOR LIFE!....I'd rather pay double every time!...THANKS for the input guys.Flight time is important as well as $price$(as always). Expedia,an Hotwire i did not consider,but will look now.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top