Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 3/20/2013 6:06:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 6:16:16 PM EDT by LittleRock]
I hate when people on the right say this. It alienates those Americans that are not christian (seiks, buddhists, young people, hindu...etc...). Although I agree as a catholic I believe this is why the conservative movement is losing to communists. Even Jews which believe in biblical principles are democrats. The rights views of ...if youre not christian you're going to hell isnt working. When will we get smart? This is why Romney lost to a failed unAmerican communist president.

Stick with lower taxes, smaller government and more freedom.

EDIT...
People say this is whats needed to save our country
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:10:19 PM EDT
what are you talking about
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:15:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LittleRock:
I hate when people on the right say this. It alienates those Americans that are not christian (seiks, buddhists, young people, hindu...etc...). Although I agree as a catholic I believe this is why the conservative movement is losing to communists. Even Jews which believe in biblical principles are democrats. The rights views of ...if youre not christian you're going to hell isnt working. When will we get smart? This is why Romney lost to a failed unAmerican communist president.

The problem, and the reason it gets brought up so much, is that most social issues can be tied into religion. The conservatives will not budge on their moral principles, and they shouldn't. If only it was as simple as taxes and scope of government, but it isn't.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:17:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 6:19:36 PM EDT by LittleRock]
Originally Posted By jaw187:

The problem, and the reason it gets brought up so much, is that most social issues can be tied into religion. The conservatives will not budge on their moral principles, and they shouldn't. If only it was as simple as taxes and scope of government, but it isn't.

then we have lost and will continue to lose our votes
I'm not talking about changing your morals
I'm talikng about not alienating others that have the same morals
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:18:19 PM EDT

As a christian, I have morals. The moral belief that gods judgment is better than mans judgement that brings us to 1984
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:19:25 PM EDT
I just posted this in another thread, looks like it needs some time in here too.

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Treaty of Tripoli
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:22:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By focus8:

As a christian, I have morals. The moral belief that gods judgment is better than mans judgement that brings us to 1984

good for you but if you want to spread the wisdom of God you can't alienate people of other beliefs
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:24:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:25:35 PM EDT
Isn't this a Goldwater vs Raegan type argument?

I dunno, haven't read his book yet.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:28:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 6:33:10 PM EDT by bagofcrabs65]

Congratulations...you will continue to grow in the social minority more and more everyday. You want to start getting "conservatives" into national office? Drop the god argument.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:32:02 PM EDT
Amen, The continuing alienation of voters who do not subscribe to one particular religion and its silly morals is a poor choice for anyone who wishes to stay relevant on the political stage. Look at what religious adherence has done to the advancement of medicine via the blocking of stem cell research. Keep god out of the government and off the gun range for that matter, One of the things I hate about this hobby is its propensity to attract religious zealots.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:34:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By focus8:

good for you but if you want to spread the wisdom of God you can't alienate people of other beliefs

I believe in Libertarian principles, so it probably won't be a problem OP
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:35:02 PM EDT
What's funny is that if this were true then any non-christian country or region would be in total chaos. It just simply isn't so.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:35:05 PM EDT
Religion needs to be dropped from politics.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:40:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bstonemega:

Not necessarily. It's fine as long as you don't send men with guns to enforce your morality
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:40:34 PM EDT
Religion needs to be completely dropped out of politics period. Since when did become acceptable to force your beliefs on your fellow American citizens? Telling the left what they can and can't believe in is just as bad as them telling us we cannot exercise our 2nd amendment right. Every amendment in the bill of rights is equally important.....you don't get to pick and choose which ones are acceptable. That's what the libs are trying to do.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:45:04 PM EDT

It is as simple as that. You don't want me to tell you what to do, don't tell me what to do. If you try to impose your moral rules to those parts of my life that have no effect on you it is my obligation to tell you to fuck off. Minding ones own business should be a conservative value.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:51:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 6:51:43 PM EDT by absael]
Some conservatives politicians seem dead-set on dividing the party along religious lines, right when we desperately need all the votes we can get. Religion and politics are the two most divisive issues there are; I don't see that combining them is going to be a path to success for conservatives. The less said about religion during a campaign the better IMO.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:57:18 PM EDT
We should definitely start stoning our wives if they aren't virgins when we marry them.

Oh shit I forgot, that's one of the parts of the bible we don't take literally.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:03:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Defcon6280:
Amen, The continuing alienation of voters who do not subscribe to one particular religion and its silly morals is a poor choice for anyone who wishes to stay relevant on the political stage. Look at what religious adherence has done to the advancement of medicine via the blocking of stem cell research. Keep god out of the government and off the gun range for that matter, One of the things I hate about this hobby is its propensity to attract religious zealots.

"silly morals"

- love others as yourself
- honor your Creator

and the departure of the simple:

- man is wicked and innately corrupt, needing a Redeemer to make him right

Create any policy or rule, or adhere to any legacy statement from the past...you still come down to wicked, ego-centrism driving your goals.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:03:47 PM EDT
This is like the fourth thread I've read today arguing that all people need to do to win an election is give up their beliefs.

Some people will do anything to be the cool kids.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:04:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By grumpycoconut:

It is as simple as that. You don't want me to tell you what to do, don't tell me what to do. If you try to impose your moral rules to those parts of my life that have no effect on you it is my obligation to tell you to fuck off. Minding ones own business should be a conservative value.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Do you not see the problem with relativism? Who is right when your "truth" infringes on another's? Pluralism is a plague...
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:06:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JAD762:
This is like the fourth thread I've read today arguing that all people need to do to win an election is give up their beliefs.

God isn't real. I'm not a cool kid either.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:08:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 7:10:10 PM EDT by N1Rampage]

This post is a perfect example of failure.

You will have a pro-2A, fiscally conservative, and agreeable on foreign policy woman pull a 180' as soon as you start to legislate or comment on her body parts for "moral" reasons.

Some men seem to have zero sense when dealing with 51% of the population.

Ask good ole' Todd how that worked out for him.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:10:16 PM EDT
Christianity does not require control of a government or even the majority of a culture to be vibrant and authentic to itsekf. Christianity itself teaches that many will not walk accept Jesus, so it is unrealistic to assume an entire nation can be made to do so. Likewise, the commandment is to Teach all nations, and do things of free will, not force them into pretended obedience. Some fear a moral decline without an emphasis on religion in government, but the scriptures teach that this is bound to happen, and is not where a Christian should be focused. Combining government with Christianity inevitably corrupts the religion as power seekers are drawn into the body when participation in it is part of the path to power.

Like the founders, I'd like to see a culture where all persons give respect and space to any form of belief or non-belief. In terms of human nature I don't see it happening, as the overall tendency for humanity is to fight over any percieved differences. It starts in the school yard where kids pick on each other's hair or clothes etc, and for many of them, it never goes away but simply evolves into new and more sophisticated prejudices.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 7:15:20 PM EDT by sribble1]
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:

God isn't real. I'm not a cool kid either.

This is why our country is dying. The US is healthy if money is rolling and I can shoot my guns. The Constitution is the ultimate authority where the Bible is outdated. Evolution of mentaility negates the latter though the former can never be infringed as man stopped evolving in 1780.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:20:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:22:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By N1Rampage:

You will have a pro-2A, fiscally conservative, and agreeable on foreign policy woman pull a 180' as soon as you start to legislate or comment on her body parts for "moral" reasons.

So what you're saying is that we should adopt a Libertarian strategy to social issues?

Remind me how they did in the last election again.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:27:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:

Congratulations...you will continue to grow in the social minority more and more everyday. You want to start getting "conservatives" into national office? Drop the god argument.
I don't believe in god. All i was saying is the argument will not go anywhere because their view of social issues strongly parallells religious values.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:28:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By N1Rampage:

So what you're saying is that we should adopt a Libertarian strategy to social issues?

Remind me how they did in the last election again.

Just like the republicans , they lost
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:33:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bstonemega:

Would be happy as hell when that happens! No more welfare state. Leave it to the churches. Until then I'll have my forced tithe to the Church of Karl Marx via the IRS.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2013 8:48:35 PM EDT by LittleRock]

No one is saying to give up your beliefs or morals. But to say that only Christians are welcome in the conservative side is foolish
we are a melting pot and every culture has good and bad points. why can we accept others view points
Keep up the ALL PEOPLE NOT CHRISTIAN ARE GOING TO HELL bull crap and the Dems/socialists/communists will win over and over again
when that happens you wont have any rights left to speak about God or practice religion

So keep up the I'm better than you crap and America will become Europe very fast

The fact that I have to explain this and get the stupid remarks I'm getting is very sad...I dont think we have a chance when Hillery runs...but at least we'll have our morals

nothing else but our morals and that will be gone when communism takeover and tell you what morals to believe
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:45:16 PM EDT

Moral principals are not always moral or correct.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:56:39 PM EDT
My personal beliefs are mine, and not to be questioned. And that's just it, they're mine. I'd no sooner force them upon you than accept such from another.

Secular matters, such as government, should be secular. I may not agree with many things we as a people have voted for or allowed our representatives to pass into law, but that's their problem spiritually. Or not.

Just leave religion out of it. Let each man vote his concious and be satisfied.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:14:04 PM EDT

No one is saying to give up your beliefs or morals. But to say that only Christians are welcome in the conservative side is foolish
we are a melting pot and every culture has good and bad points. why can we accept others view points
Keep up the ALL PEOPLE NOT CHRISTIAN ARE GOING TO HELL bull crap and the Dems/socialists/communists will win over and over again
when that happens you wont have any rights left to speak about God or practice religion

So keep up the I'm better than you crap and America will become Europe very fast

The fact that I have to explain this and get the stupid remarks I'm getting is very sad...I dont think we have a chance when Hillery runs...but at least we'll have our morals

nothing else but our morals and that will be gone when communism takeover and tell you what morals to believe

And who exactly are you arguing against?

Name one politician who's saying you have to be a Christian to be a conservative.
Name one politician who's getting up and telling everyone they're going to hell.

Your picture of the Republican party is a caricature propagated by the left. Stop letting the TV think for you.
Top Top