Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/29/2005 9:58:50 AM EDT
I joined a couple weeks ago and after reading all of the SHTF posts and pictures (I had to look that up in the acronyms page) I got to thinking; what's the most likely SHTF scenario?

Then I read that San Francisco is trying to pass a law that makes it illegal for ANYONE, besides law enforcement and the like, to own, sell, transfer, manufacture, blah blah blah a hand gun.

So if "they" were successful in making it illegal to own weapons in the entire country, do you think shit would hit the fan and the old bumper sticker "You can pry it from my cold, dead hand" would come to life?  I imagine an uprising when I think of that situation, not because of my own beliefs and such, but because there are so many out there that are hardcore about freedom, rights, anti-government and so on.  I can't see them peacefully handing over their weapons.

This is just for fun/curiosity; hopefully it doesn't get taken the wrong way.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#1]
there's an acronyms page?  damn, i gotta find that
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
You sir, need to visit the Survival Forum
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]
All of my guns were lost in a boating accident a few years ago.

Took lots of trips, but I lost them all.

Someday I am going to have to fix that boat.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What he said.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.

Fire for me
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.

Fire for me

Everglades trip... biggest damn Alligator i ever saw.. rocked the airboat so hard shit started falling off. Mainly my firearm collection.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I joined a couple weeks ago and after reading all of the SHTF posts and pictures (I had to look that up in the acronyms page) I got to thinking; what's the most likely SHTF scenario?

Then I read that San Francisco is trying to pass a law that makes it illegal for ANYONE, besides law enforcement and the like, to own, sell, transfer, manufacture, blah blah blah a hand gun.

So if "they" were successful in making it illegal to own weapons in the entire country, do you think shit would hit the fan and the old bumper sticker "You can pry it from my cold, dead hand" would come to life?  I imagine an uprising when I think of that situation, not because of my own beliefs and such, but because there are so many out there that are hardcore about freedom, rights, anti-government and so on.  I can't see them peacefully handing over their weapons.

Sort of like, "when they make drugs illegal and try to take them all away".

I expect a similar outcome with a lot more dead .gov employees.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You sir, need to visit the Survival Forum

Ah, sounds interesting.  I obviously missed that one
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sort of like, "when they make drugs illegal and try to take them all away".

I expect a similar outcome with a lot more dead .gov employees.

Somehow I doubt the govt would be dumb enough for an immediate all out confiscation.  I think the the way it's going to happen (or is happening) is that they're slowly gonna ban one little thing at a time until years from now, the only thing legal to have is a bolt action .22.  At which point they themselves will promptly be banned.  And not to sound like a dick, but I also doubt the sincerity of *some* people when they say they're going to kill every jbt that comes for their guns.  I imagine that most of the gents and ladies on this board have families to think about, and when the choice between the 2A and their lives is put before them, they will choose the latter.  Just a thought...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Something tells me that there are otherwise, good, law abiding, upstanding citizens within the borders of the states of CA, CT, MA, NJ, NY who are secretly in possession of AK-47 variants, AR15s, etc...

Don't have any firsthand knowledge... jus' sayin'...

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.

Lost all mine in a tragic blimp accident.

R.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#13]
What really bothers me is all you guys who say, HIDE the guns, when they come to get them HIDE them .... Why own them if your not gona use them If they come to get your guns the last thing you should do is hide them, for cryin out loud,    USE THEM to protect the freedoms others died trying to protect for us. This country is so freaking pussified its truely sad.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Try owning a handgun in New York City - or Chicago.

You can owna handgun in NYC; its the unrestricted carry permit thats hard to get.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#15]
do you remember quite a while back when cops would go door to door stomping old ladies red flowers?  i imagine it will be along those lines.  if you need the cops they search your house and take what you should not have.  then they take you to jail.  just like they do with drugs today.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Fortunantly I live in Florida and were a Pro-Gun state, but ALL my guns floated away in the last hurricane, my ammo too
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can owna handgun in NYC; its the unrestricted carry permit thats hard to get.

Don't forget the Nations Capitol Washington DC! No guns allowed there and boy are they safer for it
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What really bothers me is all you guys who say, HIDE hinking.gif the guns, when they come to get them HIDE them .... Why own them if your not gona use themheyUSE THEM to protect the freedoms others died trying to protect for us. This country is so freaking pussified its truely sad.

100% agreed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm ready to give my SKS up at a moment's notice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You too? DAMN!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This particular case isn't going to mean anything, anyways. Its in direct conflict with the Kali state constitution, and even if it passed, it would be struck down in the courts.
Just more libtard blathering.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine were confiscated by the IRA after they "destroyed" all their own weapons.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#23]
"When they take our guns...".

Only they will have guns.

Or will they?

;)
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll let them have the simple stuff (10-22 and a .38) that I didn't "sell" back a long time ago. That is the signal the TEOFTWAWKI has hit. That night with a shovel and food I go into the hills as a partisan.

I will not resist when they are overpoweringly strong.

I will move as a fish in the Sea.

I will attack when they are weak.

I will retreat when they are strong.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#25]
36 posts and already delving into such topics?

Stick around a bit longer and you'll be asking which round is better:  .223 or .308
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#26]
COME AND GET IT

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#27]
You cant  fight your own countrymen, we are all on the same side. Hand them over, youll be better off for it....

DAMN, those boating accidents are BEASTS aren't they I have lost so much crap that way, Maybe scuba equipment would be a good investment, but im scared of water, so....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
COME AND GET IT

What he said.

They can have mine...

AFTER I run out of bullets. It's going to take a while...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#29]
How are they going to "take" your guns?

Would someone with a gun allow someone else to take their TV or their Car? No, out of the question. Why then would you allow someone to take your guns? I doesn't make sense to me. You bought the gun to defend yourself right? Why then would you let someone rob you of those guns? The whole concept is backwards.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Would someone with a gun allow someone else to take their TV or their Car? No, out of the question. Why then would you allow someone to take your guns? I doesn't make sense to me. You bought the gun to defend yourself right? Why then would you let someone rob you of those guns? The whole concept is backwards.

Your play on words doesn't change anything.  If our powerful government wants to "take" something from it's citizens, it's going to through force, threatening, or whatever.  I guess a more specific question would be "Will you LET them take your guns?"
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey, maybe this dude knows which gun Al Pacino used??!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
COME AND GET IT

They will come with overwhelming force. Step aside and give them somthing to hold up at the press confrence. But know in your heart that the war has begun.

Fight when you have a chance of winning. One of us dead in our house alone is a waste. Join together and fight them. Make them pay.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his Cause.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his Cause."

Patton with my edit in red

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
COME AND GET IT

They will come with overwhelming force. Step aside and give them somthing to hold up at the press confrence. But know in your heart that the war has begun.

Fight when you have a chance of winning. One of us dead in our house alone is a waste. Join together and fight them. Make them pay.

Exactly, if there would be an effective resistance, it would come through groups of people, possibly with pro-gun law enforcement tipping them off as to the next confiscations. If every marksman pulled a stunt like those bastards in DC, targeting police and off-duty JBT's the nation would be paralyzed, thanks to the media, the gov. would have no choice but to negotiate. A thousand such shooters in the cont. 48 would create fear and pandemonium, if the shooters go without being apprehended, then the sheeple would lose faith that the .gov. would protect them. Assassinations would be on the table as well, that saying on T-shirts will actually be taken litterally. These approaches are very underhanded and generally would be labeled as terrorist acts.  The key to such a campaign would be organization, one man doing such acts is a nut, a thousand is a military force. However, these people would be labeled as terrorists, but friendlies/unsuspecting countrymen may give shelter and aid them, but the coming generation looks to be the one of "let the government handle it" as seen in NOLA. Bottom line, if it happens, the lone gun nuts of this nation would half to band together, and even then use terrorist tactics to even come close to a snowball's chance in hell of winning back the 2nd Amendment. Most however, would calmly hand their guns in, thinking it better to avoid violence at the cost of personal freedom.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#34]
What I have found irritating is that the feds can tell Kali to get fucked when it comes to weed because they superceded the federal statutes, but where they supercede the gun laws no one says shit. Now the fucken pledge portion of "Under God" has been rulled unconstutional. Because no one will tell them to get fucked and leave well enough alone? WTF Over
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your play on words doesn't change anything.  If our powerful government wants to "take" something from it's citizens, it's going to through force, threatening, or whatever.  I guess a more specific question would be "Will you LET them take your guns?"

It is not a play on words at all. I bought my guns so that I can defend myself from aggressors. Period. If someone attacks me with force, then I am going to respond with force. Period. Whether it be a criminal or your powerful government. I didn't buy my guns, and I don't spend every weekend at the range so that I can just roll over when an aggressor comes to me in force and says that I have to do this or that. I sure as hell don't intend to allow someone to come into my home and rob me of my property, especially when I depend on those items for my defense and well being.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What really bothers me is all you guys who say, HIDE the guns, when they come to get them HIDE them .... Why own them if your not gona use them If they come to get your guns the last thing you should do is hide them, for cryin out loud,    USE THEM to protect the freedoms others died trying to protect for us. This country is so freaking pussified its truely sad.

100% agreed.

I will use them in a fight I can win.  Translation ambush and acquire.  When the house is surrounded because you greeted the "first responder" with several shots to the chest you will not get far before you are killed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

When California passed a law calling for the registration - not the banning of, not the confication of - assualt weapons a couple hundred thousand went missing. I'm sure some owners of AR-15's moved them out of state but UPS doesn't have the capability to move that many weapons. Government estimates put the number of people that did not obey the law in the hundreds of thousands - about 90% of weapon owners.

I'm sure other states would muster similar courage and come over to the dark side.

Must not be that difficult, all the bad guy's have them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#38]
What guns?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
COME AND GET IT

Exactly, if there would be an effective resistance, it would come through groups of people, possibly with pro-gun law enforcement tipping them off as to the next confiscations. If every marksman pulled a stunt like those bastards in DC, targeting police and off-duty JBT's the nation would be paralyzed, thanks to the media, the gov. would have no choice but to negotiate. A thousand such shooters in the cont. 48 would create fear and pandemonium, if the shooters go without being apprehended, then the sheeple would lose faith that the .gov. would protect them. Assassinations would be on the table as well, that saying on T-shirts will actually be taken litterally. These approaches are very underhanded and generally would be labeled as terrorist acts.  The key to such a campaign would be organization, one man doing such acts is a nut, a thousand is a military force. However, these people would be labeled as terrorists, but friendlies/unsuspecting countrymen may give shelter and aid them, but the coming generation looks to be the one of "let the government handle it" as seen in NOLA. Bottom line, if it happens, the lone gun nuts of this nation would half to band together, and even then use terrorist tactics to even come close to a snowball's chance in hell of winning back the 2nd Amendment. Most however, would calmly hand their guns in, thinking it better to avoid violence at the cost of personal freedom.

You're delusional if you believe that a government which had outlawed firearms ownership would negotiate with it's citizens. The first time an LEO was kill it would polarize the remainder of law enforcement, and the media and politicians would be hearlding the need for the new gun ban to prevent tragedies like this.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Ain't going to fucking happen as long as I'm alive!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Well with the millions of gunowners out there it would be impossible for a confiscation to take one by surprise, besides it would have to be passed into law well beforehand and we would have plenty of warning. Then it would take a substantial amount of time for the following SCOTUS rulings over such an action. There would plenty of time for plans to be made. The real danger was mentioned before; the removal of rights one little piece at a time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I went to Mars 2 weeks ago, and dammit if I didn't leave my guns there.  

Things got kind of hariy there; a big dust storm kicked up and it got kinda hard to see where the ship was and the batteries in my GPS were going dry plus the dust storm was sort of blocking the signal from the satellites, so I knew I was running late and began to really run in the direction I thought the ship was and the lower gravity caused me to go into a low orbit around the planet, which really was a bad thing, but fortunately my space suit was a little large I was able to form it in to a semi-sail, which caught the gases that are in low mars atmosphere and I was able to slow down my orbital speed and eventually get back down to the planet surface and then wouldn't you know it I started running low on oxygen, then, luckily, I saw the flashing beacon on the ship and was able to board minutes before take off.

And that's how I forgot my guns on Mars.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Seriously _end,

What I think will happen is our gun rights will keep taking hits.  And we'll keep fighting back from the ballot and soap box.

Will they ever take all our guns?

Hell no.  They're not stupid.  A complete and immediate ruling making the private ownership of guns illegal would result in a war.

That being said, look at Cali.  Thing is, seems like most of the people who don't want guns moved there, and keep voting asshats into office.  Guess that's fine with me, as long as they stay in Cali.  If folks can't muster enough voters together to get the anti-gun asshats out of office, then there's not much I can do about it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I will just go dig up (along with the ammo) any one of the number that I (may or may not) have buried here and there.

For example, I have one buried in the vicinity of the wreck of the Titanic, another under the wreckage of the WTC, near Tutankhamen's tomb, another near the wreckage of John Kerry's failed Presidential bid, Monte Alban, the Grand Canyon,  the Gettysburg battlefield, Margheritaville, up Ted Kennedy's *, my local 7/11, and so many other places that I can't even remember right now!!

If they outlaw guns....then only outlaws will have guns!    
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I will just go dig up (along with the ammo) any one of the number that I (may or may not) have buried here and there.

For example, I have one buried in the vicinity of the wreck of the Titanic, another under the wreckage of the WTC, near Tutankhamen's tomb, another near the wreckage of John Kerry's failed Presidential bid, Monte Alban, the Grand Canyon,  the Gettysburg battlefield, Margheritaville, up Ted Kennedy's *, my local 7/11, and so many other places that I can't even remember right now!!

If they outlaw guns about 1/3 of this country will be outlaws, I'll gladly include myself in that demographic
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they outlaw guns about 1/3 of this country will be outlaws, I'll gladly include myself in that demographic

An older, more eloquent version of the expression,
"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

“False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Can it be supposed that those who have the courage to violate the most sacred laws of humanity, the most important of the code, will respect the less important and arbitrary ones, which can be violated with ease and impunity, and which, if strictly obeyed, would put an end to personal liberty — so dear to men, so dear to the enlightened legislator — and subject innocent persons to all the vexations that the guilty alone ought to suffer? Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve to rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. They ought to be designated as laws not preventative but fearful of crimes, produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a universal decree.”

Cesare Beccaria, father of modern criminology, 1764.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#47]
http://members.1stconnect.com/anozira/SiteTops/cache/weaponcache.htm

Is there anything else anyone should know?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm going to say the beer looter stole mine, then sold them to go and by beer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is not a play on words at all. I bought my guns so that I can defend myself from aggressors. Period. If someone attacks me with force, then I am going to respond with force. Period. Whether it be a criminal or your powerful government. I didn't buy my guns, and I don't spend every weekend at the range so that I can just roll over when an aggressor comes to me in force and says that I have to do this or that. I sure as hell don't intend to allow someone to come into my home and rob me of my property, especially when I depend on those items for my defense and well being.

Sooooo, the concept isn't backwards and you're simple answer is "no."  Roger.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#50]
a hooker stole all of mine
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top