Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 1/2/2004 9:19:36 PM EDT
Do you dread going back to your job? Do you just wake-up monday morning and say "I don't want to go to that place any more." I know I didn't use to; I use to say "I don't want to get up this early, but I don't mind the job." Now I just say I hate my job, tired of the BS, tired of the commute, just plain tired. I know, I know I am happy that I at least have a job and can pay for my lifestyle, but sometimes you just need to rant.

On a little happier note anyone have a job/carreer that they throroughly enjoy and wouldn't give up or suggest for someone else? Not looking for a job from fellow ARFCOM members but am just curious as to what guys, and gals, do here and if they enjoy what they do for a living.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:30:04 PM EDT
I'm infantry in the Army, where else do you get paid to play with automatic rifles and explosives?  We have an engineer battalion's worth of explosives that me and 8 other guys get to play with next weekend. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT GO BOOM!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:35:43 PM EDT
I'm an engineer for a crash test sled.  I'm excited every morning when I wake up because I get to go to work and completely destroy stuff for money

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:54:13 PM EDT
What do you do for a living?  If it's software development, I'll be happy to take over for you [;)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:55:26 PM EDT
"Office Space" rings a bell here....
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:26:23 PM EDT
Up to a few weeks ago I was doing cable techsupport.  Now Im overnight switchboard operator.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:41:08 AM EDT
You have to make it to work to not like it.....HEHEHE [}:D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:44:34 AM EDT
... I butted a two-week vacation up to my two-week Christmas holiday. Been off work a month now.

... I'm actually looking forward to going back Monday morning.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:56:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By YANKEEFAN:
Do you dread going back to your job? Do you just wake-up monday morning and say "I don't want to go to that place any more." I know I didn't use to; I use to say "I don't want to get up this early, but I don't mind the job." Now I just say I hate my job, tired of the BS, tired of the commute, just plain tired. I know, I know I am happy that I at least have a job and can pay for my lifestyle, but sometimes you just need to rant.
[/ quote]

Maybe you should talk to your boss about this and see what if anything he can suggest.

I do understand what you are saying.  You know what I do and know what kind of BS I put up with on a daily basis.  

I say the same things to myself every time my phone rings on the weekend and on Monday mornings.  But I know that I have a family that I have to support now.  This job will have to do for now until I can find something else.  The commute is probably the worst thing about my job.  

What you need to do is kick back with a [beer] and figure out what you want to do for your career.  

If you are truly unhappy with your job its no good for your coworkers, your health or your family life.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:08:22 PM EDT
My wife will have to hold a gun on me Monday morning to get me to leave and return to the grind.

10 more years, only 10 more years...

Danny
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 2:17:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NightSniper:
You have to make it to work to not like it.....HEHEHE [}:D]

Maybe you should talk to your boss about this and see what if anything he can suggest.

I do understand what you are saying. You know what I do and know what kind of BS I put up with on a daily basis.

I say the same things to myself every time my phone rings on the weekend and on Monday mornings. But I know that I have a family that I have to support now. This job will have to do for now until I can find something else. The commute is probably the worst thing about my job.

What you need to do is kick back with a  and figure out what you want to do for your career.

If you are truly unhappy with your job its no good for your coworkers, your health or your family life.
View Quote

You are probably right, at the time I thought was the right decision but looking back I probably should made an adventure out of it and came in.

As to talking to my boss about it I know what he will say "I am stuck here for now and so are you." And figuring out what I want to do for a carreer, I already have that figured out; its just a matter of getting myself into shape enough to test (and yes I am working it now).

Originally Posted By jhasz:What do you do for a living? If it's software development, I'll be happy to take over for you
View Quote

No I am not smart enough to be a software developer, I don't even like computers that much. I drive an armored truck everyday; the plus side is I get to work with a few great people and I get to carry a gun everyday.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 2:27:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By YANKEEFAN:
Do you dread going back to your job?
View Quote

Never, I love my job.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 2:33:22 PM EDT
My job, no.  School, yes.  I could drive tractors and move hay all day.
Top Top