Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2005 8:39:50 PM EDT
There will be trouble if that's the case.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:41:04 PM EDT
+1 baby.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:42:22 PM EDT
Well, they can always try...

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:42:58 PM EDT
dayaam.. that whole region could be gunless pretty soon with alot more manholes

dude... just the thought...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:45:32 PM EDT
yes they will
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:46:59 PM EDT
I dont think Texans will let that happen
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:47:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Luxan:
yes they will die trying.

Fixed it. No way. Too many Texans can picture Chuck Heston "Out of my cold dead hands" Patty
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:48:50 PM EDT
Somehow, I doubt it quite seriously.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:50:34 PM EDT
Do you not get that different locations generate different dynamics on a number of levels?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:53:57 PM EDT
I hope not but I'd plan as if that is EXACTLY what they will do.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:56:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
Do you not get that different locations generate different dynamics on a number of levels?

Good wording. I doubt Texas politicians are that stupid. What perentage is the "Oppressed Minority" in the Houston area? I do not mean illegals either. N.O. is 68% before Katrina, they started confiscations in the rich white neighborhood if you think that is relevant. They do not want white people on canera shooting minorities, criminal or not.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:56:51 PM EDT
Well, keep me in my mind cause I won't be touching anyone's guns...unless you're a turd.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:06:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 9:06:44 PM EDT by Stealth]
Texas? They'll probably require that the gun shops stay open so people can quickly replace any firearms that got destroyed in the hurricane.

eta... Gotta have the damned smiley....
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:04:47 PM EDT
I have trouble seeing a Texas authority actually having the gall to try confiscating guns, but...

I REALLY have trouble seeing Texans giving them up!

Talk about SHTF!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:12:40 PM EDT
The storm that would cause would make Rita look like a summer shower.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:14:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:
I hope not but I'd plan as if that is EXACTLY what they will do.

NO doubt, keep the ones you need for SHTF, and hide the rest!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:17:39 PM EDT
Remember the mayor of NOLA was the impetus behind the "sue the gun manufacturers out of business."
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:22:34 PM EDT
Maybe Mexico will invade?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:25:32 PM EDT
What do you mean ? its already started at my house !

My neighbor is a Constable, he came over too borrow one of my toys
for the just in case.......
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:47:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 2:47:34 AM EDT by RikWriter]
Houston is a totally different situation from New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:26:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 3:33:33 AM EDT by Sub-MOA]
They key is going to be for the home and business owners to get out fast enough to body the fucking looters before the state or feds can even whine.

To paraphrase: “Don’t need pigs, won’t be pigs.”
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:53:02 AM EDT
I will not open the door unless it is someone I know bringing some beer. Believe me when I say that it would be ill advised to break in.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:10:04 AM EDT
Lets get serious for a second. It's now happened in N.O. when many people hear laughed at the mere suggestion that it could happen anywhere in the U.S.of A. So lets not kid ourselves anymore okay? It can happen and you should plan accordingly. And I dont mean threats of taking them on, I mean you have to seriously hide the majority of your weapons so Leo's cannot find them and only have 1 or 2 throwaway self defense weapons that wont hurt to lose like a shottie and a glock. Dont get me wrong I love shotties and glocks but they are the least expensive most easily replaced firearms I have. If they are coming to your house expecting to find firearms you have to have something for them to take or they will tear your place apart.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:12:13 AM EDT
NO. This is NOTHING like the NO situation.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:16:36 AM EDT
I'm trying to picture local authorities foolish enough to even contemplate such an act...and failing. If the Fed's chose to try??? Well, I'm not sure that Texas even considers itself a state in the US...a partner maybe but certainly NOT subservient to the Fed's...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:26:44 AM EDT
Hopefully you aren't stupid enough to stick around for a CAT 5 hurricane to hit.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:29:49 AM EDT
So, the fact that we're even having this discussion is because precedent has been set in New Orleans. Before if you asked "what if..." people would laugh at you and tell you to get some Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap.

So, what happens if there is a major terrorist event. Police/mil running around confiscating guns from people who are under attack... confiscating guns "for your own good"??? At a time when you really need them? Hey, they did it in New Orleans.

We must squash the politicians who did this, make our representatives change laws. Louisiana has that provision that they can "regulate" firearms and ammunition in times of emergency. That must be removed from law.

I may be mistaken, but think this was part of "Homeland Securty" type model legislation that was put out by the feds and copied by many states. The Model State Emergency Health Powers Act put out by CDC in 2001 comes to mind.

Section 402. C. Control of Materials. To control, restrict, and regulate by rationing and using quotas, prohibitions on shipments, price fixing, allocation or other means, the use, sale, dispensing, of food, fuel, clothing and other commodities, alcoholic beverages, firearms, explosives, and combustibles, as may be reasonable and necessary for emergency response.

It goes on to describe "controlling" access, egress, occupancy in affected areas.

In the last few years this model legislation was copied by many states.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:11:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 6:18:52 AM EDT by Einstein]

Originally Posted By CbtEngr1:
Hopefully you aren't stupid enough to stick around for a CAT 5 hurricane to hit.

Essayons

Not stupid, but rather not much choice. All the gas station are out of gas & the freeways are at a stand still. People are getting out of their cars & walking around because it's 99+ degrees right now (sitting in your car with the AC on in 2-5 MPH traffic will not be good on your gas mileage when there are no open gas stations within a 100 mile radius from Houston.

No place to go & not enough money to stay at a hotel indefinately. I'm also in the NW side of town (60-70 miles from the coast). Worst case scenario is that we'll get some moderately strong winds & lots of rain. May have minor flooding in some areas around here, but that's it. Wish me luck & a drop a few prayers if you can.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:10:54 AM EDT
Wait as long as you can til the lines die down, try and drive out as far as you can..at least 150 miles away...take refuge overnite in strong hotel...if possible. if not, keep driving...turn on news to see if galveston/houston still around and then come back.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:23:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 8:24:32 AM EDT by Silver_Surfer]
If they try the end is near. TEOWAKI
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:26:34 AM EDT
I highly doute it, even if they tried they woudln't get very far. The "Come and take it!" attitude is alive and well here in Texas!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:30:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pattymcn:

yes they will die trying.

Fixed it. No way. Too many Texans can picture Chuck Heston "Out of my cold dead hands" Patty

i think when you talk about texas and it's guns, it's a whole different ballgame. this should be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:37:27 AM EDT
The evil devil woman in me would enjoy watching them try.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:08:11 AM EDT
Ask David Koresh.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:19:19 AM EDT
I dunno. Seem like they would go door to door to make sure everyone who needed a gun had one. It is Texas right?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:24:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MasterSniper:
Lets get serious for a second. It's now happened in N.O. when many people hear laughed at the mere suggestion that it could happen anywhere in the U.S.of A. So lets not kid ourselves anymore okay? It can happen and you should plan accordingly. And I dont mean threats of taking them on, I mean you have to seriously hide the majority of your weapons so Leo's cannot find them and only have 1 or 2 throwaway self defense weapons that wont hurt to lose like a shottie and a glock. Dont get me wrong I love shotties and glocks but they are the least expensive most easily replaced firearms I have. If they are coming to your house expecting to find firearms you have to have something for them to take or they will tear your place apart.

+1.....PPPPPP....Proper planning prevents piss poor performance
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:25:47 AM EDT
Are there that many democrats in Texas?

I thought the gun confication was a result of the rape, murder and looting.

Rape, murder, and looting are acts commited by Democrats.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:27:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 9:31:00 AM EDT by MuRDoC]
last night around 3am I(ok it was the Ar) ran off some people scopeing out my neighbors places, so it's already started. I do have a full tank in my truck, but it's not enouph to leave, my sister took the kids last night at 10pm, she's still in the Houston city limits, with half a tank in a taho; they say they're going to send fuel truck out there to help people, we'll see. Good luck to my fellow Houstonions, I'm south of bw8 and I'm going to get out when I can.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:28:36 AM EDT
Wait as long as you can til the lines die down, try and drive out as far as you can..at least 150 miles away...take refuge overnite in strong hotel...if possible. if not, keep driving...turn on news to see if galveston/houston still around and then come back.

This is silly stuff. Hotel? There aren't enough hotel rooms available in several states, certainly not in TX. You can be assured people called ahead and reserved rooms.

You will be in for some interesting times while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic and the hurricane runs over you. Sheesh!

Best advise, IF you know the rural 2 lane roads, take them, not the interstates and main roads.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:34:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By efpeter:

I thought the gun confication was a result of the rape, murder and looting.

Rape, murder, and looting are acts commited by Democrats.

They're heading to the Astrodome.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:49:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MasterSniper:

Glocks and shotties? WTF world are you living in. Glocks retail for at least 500.00. How but going to walmart and getting a single shot 12 gauge for a hundred bucks and maybe find a highpoint pisotl that costs just as much. Why hide the other if people in Texas arn't prepared for whats coming after seeing the whole shit storm that happened in NOLA.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:59:19 AM EDT

yes they will

No, they wont...not idle BS.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:38:46 PM EDT

yes they will

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:40:07 PM EDT
we'll kick there asses just like at waco

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:41:51 PM EDT
Think that the Pro Gun groups will be watching this time around.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:42:31 PM EDT
or ew can just brag them to death and take there guns

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:43:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RikWriter:

We have adults in charge in Texas, not barely literate idiots elected into office by other barely literate idiots.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:47:06 PM EDT
Ask the Cops and Military on this board.

They will tell you it won't happen.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:48:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jkstexas2001:

Originally Posted By RikWriter:

We have adults in charge in Texas, not barely literate idiots elected into office by other barely literate idiots.

If this isn't the definition of "OUCH" then I don't know what is!

HH
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:50:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 8:52:30 PM EDT by Boom_Stick]
In seeing what happened in NO I think Texans have a good idea of how to band togather against it.

Still, they aren't surrounded by bodies of water higher than their city, so there probably wont be the level of chaos as NO.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:56:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By efpeter:

Most of the people I know are dems, I worked with about 70 people before the election and only one
other person would admit they were a bush supporter like I was..........was, I would not admit it today

If the Cops came to my door and said they needed to take my weapons for some reason............
I really don't think I would even be able to say anything.........speechless, I would be speechless
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top