Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:19:47 AM EDT

www.wwmt.com/engine.pl?station=wwmt&id=18882&template=breakout_local.html

Woman wielding pitchfork hit by motorcycle

August 22, 2005 - 1:08PM
(NEWS 3) - A woman carrying a pitchfork toward passing motorcycles was injured Sunday when one of the vehicles hit her.

The accident happened west of Hastings on Gun Lake Road near the intersection of Glass Creek Drive in Barry County's Rutland Township.

Michigan State Police in Hastings say a Kawasaki Ninja driven by 24-year-old Trammell Toombs of Muskegon Heights hit 43-year-old Corlissa Larsen of Hastings.

Police say Larsen was trying to slow down the group of motorcycles that was passing by her home. She went into the road carrying a pitchfork before being hit.

The driver of the motorcycle and the woman were taken to Spectrum-Butterworth Hospital. The pedestrian is in critical condition; the motorcycle driver is in stable condition.

The incident is still under investigation.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:22:05 AM EDT
There's a good joke in that story somewhere, I'm sure of it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:24:40 AM EDT
Muskegon used to be a nice town.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:25:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 6:27:11 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:28:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ARKAN_the_Tiger:
There's a good joke in that story somewhere, I'm sure of it.

Yeah, but the punch line is a bitch.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:29:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dolomite:

WHEN? I grew up in Michigan - 1965 to 1983 - and it wasn't nice back then
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:30:04 AM EDT

yep this is what happens when the man looses control of the pitch fork
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:30:22 AM EDT
If she really was trying to take a swing/stab at one of the motorcyclists, I think they have a case for attempted murder.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:51:01 AM EDT
Ban pitchforks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:53:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:54:01 AM EDT
Was that pitchfork registered and did she have a permit for it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:01:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By m24shooter:
Ban pitchforks.

It's for the children.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:04:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

It was nicer than Benton Harbor.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:04:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:
$ 10 says she had hand written SLOW DOWN! signs on the trees in front of her house, those always made me a little nervous.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:03:45 AM EDT
While riding i have had eggs, rocks, full beer cans , and one slushie thrown at me as well as being sprayed with a hose
The worst are people that pull out in front of you usually have a radio turned up or a cell phone jammed in their ear

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:07:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:09:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 8:11:01 AM EDT by CajunMojo]
Change your topic to "watch out for traffic when wielding a pitchfork"

ETA: I hope that stupid bitch dies a slow and agonizing death.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:16:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:20:19 AM EDT
I hope she survives so she can be charged with attempted murder.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:21:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 8:22:52 AM EDT by Stealth]

Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Police say Larsen was trying to slow down the group of motorcycles that was passing by her home. She went into the road carrying a pitchfork before being hit.

You know the old rule of "where you look is where you'll go" when riding a bike?

How do you NOT look at a dumbass in the road with a pitchfork.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:22:24 AM EDT

The rider was from Muskegon. Gun lake road is a twisty run through state forest.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:31:37 AM EDT
I had a guy get out of his car, open his trunk and get a shovel out to attack me.

The reason? At the previous light we had taken a few seconds after it went green to move. I was with two buddies and we were discussing the route to our destination.

At the next light, when he ran to his trunk my buddy yelled "He's gonna get a gun!". I was actually relieved when he came up with a shovel.
He managed to hit me once on my arm before I took it from him.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:35:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
I had a guy get out of his car, open his trunk and get a shovel out to attack me.

The reason? At the previous light we had taken a few seconds after it went green to move. I was with two buddies and we were discussing the route to our destination.

At the next light, when he ran to his trunk my buddy yelled "He's gonna get a gun!". I was actually relieved when he came up with a shovel.
He managed to hit me once on my arm before I took it from him and rammed it up his rear end.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:36:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:40:07 AM EDT
if it was my bike she would get impaled on the windscreen spikes!

well maybe not
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:42:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:42:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By operatorerror:

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

He managed to hit me once on my arm before I took it from him and rammed it up his rear end.

Fixed it for you.

Naw. I never hurt the guy, I only took the shovel and cross checked him into the side of his car.
He was loony old guy and his wife was screaming "Leave him alone! He's a crazy old man!!"
The bystanders asked if we wanted to call the cops but we just wanted the hell out of there. It was pretty crazy.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:43:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hockeysmile:
While riding i have had eggs, rocks, full beer cans , and one slushie thrown at me as well as being sprayed with a hose
The worst are people that pull out in front of you usually have a radio turned up or a cell phone jammed in their ear

You need louder pipes. Safety first!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:54:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 8:55:54 AM EDT by jchewie]
This happened in the next county over. Supposedly there were quite a few motorcycles whizzing by and she got pissed, jumped up, grabbed a pitchfork, ran out into the road, and got clobbered by the motorcyclist who was going 55 mph.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:57:25 AM EDT

This was a hundred miles away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:10:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

It was nicer than Benton Harbor.

In Benton Harbor it's hard for people to get off their porch.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:28:14 AM EDT

I had a woman carrying a broom run out into the road in front of me years ago. I was well under the speed limit (obviously if she had time to run out into the road with a broom). I would guess she saw a sporty looking motorcycle and figured "I was going too fast past HER house."

$ 10 says she had hand written SLOW DOWN! signs on the trees in front of her house, those always made me a little nervous.

I had a similar thing years ago...turned a corner in my 396 chevelle, and some guy comes running off his front porch and throws a shop broom out into th road, and then runs in front of the car. I'm like, WTF, since I wasnt' even doing the posted 25mph speed limit yet...car was still in first gear, and I had a 4:10 rear in the car. It was LOUD, though; I'd gotten several BS loud muffler tix with that car. I guess the noise scared him.

I got out of the car, and walked up to him, and asked him where what his problem was. He said" you're speeding" yada yada...I asked him where his radar gun was?

Then I told him I was gonna go around the block, and turn down his street again, and to PLEASE run out in front of the car one more time.

He didn't, so I felt compelled to leave about 50 yards of tire marks in front of his house. It was quite comical. It was only about 5 blocks from my house, so I had the car in the garage LONG before the cops got to his house

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:39:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:50:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:05:20 AM EDT
A friend of mine was riding his GSXR through his neighborhood, about a block from his house when the neighbor came out and swung a shovel at him. My buddy dogdged the shovel weilding maniac but hit the curb and went sailing. Plenty of road rash, a broken arm and some substantial tissue damage in his shoulder. Bike went end over and was thrashed. He still isn't right after that one. No charges were filed
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:06:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:13:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 10:17:24 AM EDT by Mauser101]

Originally Posted By hockeysmile:

What, no still lit cigarette butts intentionally flicked at you? That's a pretty generally daily occurance for me.

One of the nice things about people getting all road ragey with you while you're out riding is that you can head butt with impunity.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:26:21 AM EDT
Guys, this is about as close as it can possibly get to a "drive by bayonetting".

Drive by pitchforking....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:33:45 AM EDT

Them penguins are mean, I tell ya!

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:16:24 PM EDT
Being in a right to carry state, I've noticed that "cagers" are less "expressive", when you have a full size pistol on your hip.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:45:43 AM EDT
This is why you need the Chuck Norris - Delta Force style rocket launchers installed on the front of your bike.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:31:27 AM EDT

I had a woman carrying a broom run out into the road in front of me years ago. I was well under the speed limit (obviously if she had time to run out into the road with a broom). I would guess she saw a sporty looking motorcycle and figured "I was going too fast past HER house."

Did ya speed up ?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:22:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DDiggler:
This is why you need the Chuck Norris - Delta Force style rocket launchers installed on the front of your bike.

www.80sreborn.com/images/delta-force-3.jpg

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:33:25 AM EDT
I would be more likely to run out to the road if you had one of those boom boxes on wheels. I hate those things.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:20:26 AM EDT
Good God. Is this stuff all that common? I might start having second thoughts about buying a motorcycle.

Did people harass/attack you just because you were riding a motorcycle?
Top Top