Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 10:21:41 AM EDT
What is the best time of year?
I am going to go ahead and say before Xmas season and right after.
At the beginning it is people selling who need money for Xmas. After the holidays it is people selling who realize they went a little too large on gifts.

What is the best place?
The pawn shops around here sell junk guns and hunting guns. The gun stores know the value of things, you aren't going to get any smokin deals. Estate sales (never been to one).

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I would say too after a big layoff in the area, like a factory shutting down or something.

People may sell some firearms to eat or make the car payment.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Generally, in the US before April 15th.

Our income taxes need to paid to Uncle Sam must postmaked on April 15th, otherwise it is delingquent.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#5]
hunting guns right after those Christmas credit card statements hit the streets.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#6]
My FFL gets most of his consignments after hunting season & Christmas. I have also got some good deals from police officers selling their AR's, shotguns, & pistols when they quit the force.

And people will sometimes deal on consignments& and the seller will sometimes deal on his guns depending on his desperation.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hunting guns right after those Christmas credit card statements hit the streets.

+1

Right before Christmas is also a good buyer's shopping time as well.

Just prior to a divorce is good too..................  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top