Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 2:00:31 PM EDT

I'm SO glad that every pressing issue in the state of Maryland has been solved and lawmakers have so much time on their hands they are compelled to make up shit like this.

The Founding Fathers would have gone after this twatwaffle with a pitchfork and a barrel of tar.  

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17302498/

When fake bull testicles are outlawed ...
Bill would ban anatomically explicit vehicle decorations in Maryland

Updated: 4:14 p.m. MT Feb 23, 2007

ANNAPOLIS, Md. - Fake bull testicles and other anatomically explicit vehicle decorations would be banned from Maryland roads under a bill pending in the state legislature.

The measure was filed in the General Assembly on Monday by Delegate LeRoy E. Myers Jr., who says children shouldn't be exposed to giant plastic gonads dangling from pickup truck trailer hitches. The bill also would ban displaying images of naked human breasts, buttocks or genitals, with offenses punishable by fines of up to $500.

"It's time to take a stand," Myers told The (Hagerstown) Herald-Mail.

The American Civil Liberties Union objected to Myers' bill.

"The legislation is overly broad, and would probably make it illegal to have a sticker on your car of the Venus de Milo from an art museum," ACLU of Maryland spokeswoman Meredith Curtis wrote in an e-mail.

Pamela Campbell, whose Bullhead City, Ariz., business sells fake bull testicles, suggested that the swinging decorations can prompt healthy discussions about anatomy and reproduction.

"Do we have to neuter all dogs that walk by us?" she asked. "Where does it stop?"

Last week, Arizona's legislature rejected a measure that would have banned vehicle splash guards bearing racist terms or silhouettes of naked women.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It takes balls to come up with a law like that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time getting upset about the insane stupidity in government this weekend.  I don't know if this is a temporary phase I am going through or some kind of threshold I have crossed.

It's just funny now.  All the bullshit, the fiddling while Rome is burning...it's just funny because it's so fucking obvious and so many are pretending all it well.  I can only laugh now.

Fuck it...border is secure...terrorism is defeated...time to tackle truck-balls.  Yeah; that'll make the country better and stronger.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#3]
We'll have to see what SCROTUS says about this.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

OMFG!  That's awesome!

That fits right in with my 'all I can do is laugh' phase.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]
So I guess i cant have a giant purple dildo for a hood ornament anymore.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time getting upset about the insane stupidity in government this weekend.  I don't know if this is a temporary phase I am going through or some kind of threshold I have crossed.

It's just funny now.  All the bullshit, the fiddling while Rome is burning...it's just funny because it's so fucking obvious and so many are pretending all it well.  I can only laugh now.

Fuck it...border is secure...terrorism is defeated...time to tackle truck-balls.  Yeah; that'll make the country better and stronger.

Amen,

My ability to be suprised at inane BS proposed legislation is at an all time low.

96Ag
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#7]

I'd like to be at the first court challenge of an arrest under the statute.  

"Your honor, they're only plastic."    

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
The only way this will ever end is to mercilessly target that lawmaker's district.
Internet, emails, any way that gets the message home.

When Leroy's constituents feel a twinge of embarassment as they're ridiculed, then this cocksuckery will stop.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#10]
If you need to display fake testicles, are you trying to compensate?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#11]
What "racist" terms on mudflaps are they referring to? The Stars and Bars?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Even though those bumper nuts are stupid, it's even more stupid to ban them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If you need to display fake testicles, are you trying to compensate?

Who knows?  I don't have any on my truck or my trail rig.
But the notion that it's something worth one cent of anyone’s tax dollars to even contemplate, never mind ban, is hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
when testicles are outlawed only outlaws will have testicles

you can have these nutz when you pry them from my cold dead hands

the right to keep and bear testicles shall not be infringed!

MOLON LABE SCROTUM!!!

You forgot - "Don't Tread on Me....Please"
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#20]
When fake bull testicles are outlawed only outlaws will have fake bull testicles
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Ah, great!  Another ban on the way.

Will it ever end?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#22]
this is important.. i'm sure its for the children..

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ah, great!  Another ban on the way.

Will it ever end?

ok.. will there be preban bulls balls?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#25]

When fake bull testicles are outlawed ...

...people with no class will have to entertain themselves some other way...

I don't support making them illegal, but WHY do people find it necessary to put vulgar stuff on public display?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#27]
This is the funniest thread ever......today.....
I think....
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Finally found a chance to use it, right?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Those are the only testicles left in Maryland and the Dems want to get rid of them too.

I'm going out on a limb and assuming he's a Democrat because if he was a Republican they would have raised hell about his conservative bluenosism, and made sure to highlight it was a Republican beeing silly.

Please please don't tell us he's a Republican.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#30]
As usual MD lawmakers target the REALLY important issures.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Takes some big brass ones to try and pass legislation like that

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#32]
What about real bull testicles are they allowed?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Wasting taxpayer dollars arguing about stupid shit.

It's time we take a stand against lame assed poiliticians wasting time and money arguing about stupid nonsensical bullshit
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
What about real bull testicles are they allowed?

They are for now, but give it a few years.

The dems in this state will probably try to outlaw testosterone altogether.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I was just reading about a law proposed in AZ about outlawing the nude female silhouette on mudflaps.

Not sure about you, but this has been a very non issue to me.

The way it was described to me, is that the legislators in my state would use these laughable bills as "strikers". The legislative process didn't allow for new bills to be introduced so far into the session. With bill numbers already assigned to "strikers" you would have the following situation.

So lets say an important issue was proposed "fill in example here" and the original bill had been defeated or stalled in either house or in committee. The "striker" bill would have is proposal removed and have the important issue inserted. This was legislators could still pursue the issue.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Holee crap! With all of the pressing important things going on in the world today. Like Anna Nicole Smith, Brittany is in re-hab again. Paris Hilton has herpes, that Maryland law makers are concerned with people hanging rubber balls on their trucks, Jeez! what is this country coming to!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I gots ta know too!!!

IM me if it's a COC problem.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I gots ta know too!!!

IM me if it's a COC problem.

HEY!!! Where have you been?!

I got that 1.6L EFI in the Samurai and we're working out a few kinks...it should be on the trail at Easter Jeep Safari.

One small problem left with the line from the fuel tank to the evap canister...almost there.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I was just reading about a law proposed in AZ about outlawing the nude female silhouette on mudflaps.

The way it was described to me, is that the legislators in my state would use these laughable bills as "strikers". The legislative process didn't allow for new bills to be introduced so far into the session. With bill numbers already assigned to "strikers" you would have the following situation.

So lets say an important issue was proposed "fill in example here" and the original bill had been defeated or stalled in either house or in committee. The "striker" bill would have is proposal removed and have the important issue inserted. This was legislators could still pursue the issue.

So change the fucking system!  

"We are FORCED to foist lame-ass laws down your throats so we have a place to 'hang our hats' with more 'important' stuff."

Sounds like grade-A BULLSHIT to me.

And what you get is people remembering Bill-123 being about plastic trailer nuts but what gets passed is Bill-123 adding a new fee for some bullshit social program that nobody wanted in the first place

I utterly DESPISE these bills that have eight thousand unrelated riders and attachments stuffed into them.  Legislation through obscurity is what it is.  A way for politicians to pork-barrel useless shit up our asses.  A way to create loopholes for their butt-buddies and more work for for their lawyer friends as they sort all this crap out after the fact.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So change the fucking system!  

"We are FORCED to foist lame-ass laws down your throats so we have a place to 'hang our hats' with more 'important' stuff."

Sounds like grade-A BULLSHIT to me.

And what you get is people remembering Bill-123 being about plastic trailer nuts but what gets passed is Bill-123 adding a new fee for some bullshit social program that nobody wanted in the first place

I utterly DESPISE these bills that have eight thousand unrelated riders and attachments stuffed into them.  Legislation through obscurity is what it is.  A way for politicians to pork-barrel useless shit up our asses.  A way to create loopholes for their butt-buddies and more work for for their lawyer friends as they sort all this crap out after the fact.

You pretty much hit how my conversation went when I first learned how it worked.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't have photoshop, how about a pic of a pair of trucknutz captioned "don't tread on DEEZ!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#43]
From my cold, blue testicles.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Bob Barker>> " Please have your truck spayed or neutered....."
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or roll over and die.

The first sad thing about this matter is that the proposed ball-banning law is patently ridiculous.

The second sad thing about this matter is that in comparison to the proposed gun-banning law SB-43 "Maryland Assault Weapons Ban 2007", the ball-banning law starts to look good.  

The third sad thing about this matter is that LeRoy Myers is one of the few Republicans in the Maryland state house.

I sure could use some sign of hope from somewhere.

ETA - Here is the man responsible for this bill:

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd like to point out that I hate this shithole state.

Carry on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top