Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 7:29:52 PM EDT
I haven't had cable or satellite for about 10 years and recently got dish.
All of the hunting shows are 10 minutes of commercials, 18 minutes of sales pitches for bla bla bla, and 2 minutes of shooting a giant buck.
I wish there was a show where they just showed a average joe shooting deer and giving practical tips.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
since capitalism
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Ammunition costs too damn much to shoot for thirty minutes straight.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to watch the "wed night at the range" on the outdoor channel...while the shows were pretty cool, some of them did come off as smith and Wesson infomercials.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Day one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Day one.
View Quote

Certainly back into the 70 --  Was it Winderman who would always plug whatever lodge he was at?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#7]
87 years ago
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Day one.
View Quote

Yeah this. Seriously.  Have you never seen the old Bill Dance shows? The dude was a straight up whore.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I get throwing in a plug for this or that, but it's worse than a nascar driver taking a big pull off of a Coke during a interview.
If you just buy $600 worth of this camo pattern you'll see more deer. And hang these tampons dipped in doe pee around your stand.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#10]
It's pretty simple really. If they were not  commercials then they would not be  on tv. Not many people want to watch Bubba shoot a deer and although I enjoy bass fishing honestly I do not want to watch KVD make a thousand casts. Do you watch the few gun related show that are aired? Basically the same concept.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#11]
"..brought to you by Bad Boy Buggies......DPMS Panther Arms...."

Yeah it's annoying. Same shit getting plugged over and over.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Day one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's pretty simple really. If they were not  commercials then they would not be  on tv. Not many people want to watch Bubba shoot a deer and although I enjoy bass fishing honestly I do not want to watch KVD make a thousand casts. Do you watch the few gun related show that are aired? Basically the same concept.
View Quote

I'd rather see a dude with a stick and a rock kill a rabbit, or a guy with a slingshot shoot squirrels than watch some yeti carrying asshat pimp some product.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'd rather see a dude with a stick and a rock kill a rabbit, or a guy with a slingshot shoot squirrels than watch some yeti carrying asshat pimp some product.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell why didn't you just say that to begin with. The show you seek is onTWC. It's called fat guys in the woods.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#15]
It has always been that way, it is nothing new.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#16]
gave up on hunting/fishing shows years ago. Sadly, the same thing is happening to all the auto restoration shows... nothing but pitching this or that tool and every segment spends half the time showing the equipment spotless clean. Come to think of it... tv in general has gone downhill, nothing but infomercials and false drama. That is why the wife and I really enjoy reading these days.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Been going on for years. When I was in junior high in the 80's it was the Saturday late morning fishing shows.

Showed some guy catching trophy fish one after another. Then went to commercials showing fishing lures and other garbage fishing equipment.

Sad part is, some people believe if you're not reeling in trophy fish after trophy fish, you need to go buy better tackle.

Quoted:

Certainly back into the 70 --  Was it Winderman who would always plug whatever lodge he was at?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will you go buy a stick and rock or slingshot after you see the show?  Because if not, nobody gives a shit what you want.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

All of the hunting shows are 10 minutes of commercials, 18 minutes of sales pitches for bla bla bla, and 2 minutes of shooting a giant buck.

I wish there was a show where they just showed a average joe shooting deer and giving practical tips.
View Quote
I get a kick out of the hunters being all covered in camo when they do not need to be.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Day one.
View Quote

Yep. Do you even Bill Dance Bro? It's like nascar for, um, rednecks that hunt/fish.

Eta: NM
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kentucky Afield is what you seek. The information may or may not translate to your area.
Although the host is kind of a show off, shooting a bow with his teeth, using a shotgun one handed, etc...
YouTube is your friend...
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#22]
since forever.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#23]
YouTube has more real hunting shows than tv. Any guy can buy a gopro and hunt and show it on YouTube with no overhead.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#24]
It started on the day someone made a hunting & fishing show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top