Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 12:40:24 AM EDT
I have HBO and Cinemax but never really watch them. Felt like a movie tonight so I checked the On Demand feature. Apparently you have to pay a premium to watch their On Demand, even if you have their channel. When did this start?

ETA: Time Warner is the provider.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm don't have to with Comcast. If you have a subscription to HBO sign in for HBO GO.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I have directv and don't have any premiums with on-demand stuff. Just the inconvenience of downloading it over internet to the dvr. I do like the HBO-go and max-go. Showtime's is 50/50 for me at best.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:20:27 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have HBO, then HBO Go is free... why use anything else?
http://www.hbogo.com/ Works on Roku and a bunch of other devices too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#4]
It should be free as long as you have that actual channel as part of your billing package. I was just a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like its an issue on their end.  They're going to send out a tech next week.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:59:31 AM EDT
[#6]
when cable companies use every single little feature to monetize everything?  they have done that since the beginning of time....................

they only add features so that they can justify charging you $200/month for 1zillion channels of pure garbage, but in reality, there are only like 3-4 good shows a day out of all that SHIT.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I have DTV, I wanted to watch Homeland via DTV, found out I need to be subscribed to Showtime in order to watch it.
Found it on Amazon Prime streaming for $17.99 for the first season.

Even Homeland is not enough to order Showtime.
The last time I paid for Showtime was when Stargate SG1 was carried by Showtime.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:00:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Capitalism. Or in your case, an error
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have HBO and Cinemax but never really watch them. Felt like a movie tonight so I checked the On Demand feature. Apparently you have to pay a premium to watch their On Demand, even if you have their channel. When did this start?

What movie were you trying to watch?

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No idea.  That's the fun of checking On Demand every few months, there's always a bunch of new ones.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea.  That's the fun of checking On Demand every few months, there's always a bunch of new ones.

The reason I ask is because in every other Time Warner market I checked HBO OD/HBO GO is free with your HBO subscription.  Plus HBO says it's free.  I think you stumbled onto the first run PPV channel by mistake.  So pick a movie and tell us the title so we can check it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top