Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2002 12:41:59 PM EDT
I've come to the conclusion that with very few exceptions, it will happen in less than 100yrs.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
After we are dead. (Maybe over that very issue!!!!)

Scott

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I can answer that question only with a question....When will the second revolution begin?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this topic been beat to death, do I think they will in the next 100 yrs.

No! I mean HELL NO!!

They can NEVER and I mean NEVER ban guns, but they will try to ban ammo. So if your not a reloader, START. Or make sure you have enough ammo stock for ALL of your guns. I truly believe if that ever happen ammo will cost more than gold.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Which country?

When the UN evolves into the World Governing Body?

Right before I weld 3,  2.5" od lances to my pickup and head to my local recreation center during a jr. league soccer game to initiate the first session of my newly invented sport ?

um...that's a joke.

haha

-HS
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it may come to that, but that was why I said in 100 yrs or less. I think that the government will slowly "ween" us away from guns through indoctrination in the public school system combined with more and more restrictive gun laws. Fewer children will grow up with guns and those that do will be looked upon as "abnormal" by the rest.

Eventually, the government will be able to go after the few diehards left. They will be called terrorists and criminals and the general public will be glad to have these "crazies" gone.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Obviously you boys are not keeping up with current events, under current UN statutes, guns in the hands of private citizens are already banned......they just are slow in picking them up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Guns will be totally outlawed the same time as the revolution begins. I hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime but I fear it will.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Guns will never be banned in the US, in th emockery of that fine country that we currently have they might try it, but it will only lead to the good old US returning, hmmm, and maybe we can add western Canada to it as well [:D]

let the revolution begin
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Some guns have already been banned - full auto nationwide and some semi autos and pistols in the more "progressive states.

How the hell can more then 50% on THIS site vote never ?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#12]
It will happen in 1968.

Again in 1986, 1989 and 1994.

I don't think all firearms will be banned anytime in the next 100 years.

Military style high capacity ones (922r guns) will be banned in 2004. After that the only military style ones will be single stack 10 rounders that won't take a high cap. Eventually you will have Kali style laws on all new guns (ie. no pistol grip, etc. on detachable mag guns.)

I predict in 10 years no firearm capable of holding more than 10 rounds will be available to civilians.

Prebans, pre86, pre89, pre94 and pre04 will bring huge premiums in the states that permit their ownership.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#13]
They can ban them tomorrow but it doesn't mean I'll turn mine in. I'd hide them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think it may come to that, but that was why I said in 100 yrs or less. I think that the government will slowly "ween" us away from guns through indoctrination in the public school system combined with more and more restrictive gun laws. Fewer children will grow up with guns and those that do will be looked upon as "abnormal" by the rest.
View Quote

The liberal educational indoctrination against guns has been happening for at least 10 years. Kids are taught today that guns are bad, gun owners are psychos, it's normal for a man to have sex with another man, etc. When do we start fixing this?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#15]
"At that point [one more terrorist attack] there will not only be a willingness to submit to those sorts of infringement but a demand that they be infringed upon in the hope of trying to protect us." -Frank Gaffney, former assistant defense secretary.

I give it at most 2 more years.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Provided America follows the current trend,
more and more laws will pop up to make gun ownership more difficult.
1) Make the manufacture of new guns more costly due to safety devices, ballistic fingerprinting, liability insurance.
2) Make guns liscenses that have to be paid for and re-applied for every year.
3) Make private firearm transfers illegal so the next generation can't get them.

It will be more like warming the water for the frog than dropping us in the boiling water.

If the time line changed and society breaks down, this may never happen. Otherwise it is a certainty.

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#18]
you all read Unintended Consequences?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Though I've accused others of being a "Johnny One-Note", on this topic, I have only one thing to say:

[b]EVERYONE'S guns have already been banned, they're just taking their time rounding them up.[/b]

Eventually you'll break one of their Draconian laws and the Feds will no-knock on your door and cart off your guns because you got in a bar fight 30yrs ago because you got a DUI 20yrs ago or because you signed your "standard" divorce papers or because you called a mugger a "ni@@er" once or simply because "Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of Americans to feel safe."

[b]Incremental gun confiscation is already underway.

House-by-house, slowly but surely, one gun-owner at at time.[/b]

Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:00:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm with Macallan on this one
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#21]
It will happen as soon as the Democrats control the House, Senate and Presidency again.  Came damn cloase back in 1993-94.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top