Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2004 2:09:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 2:10:00 PM EST by Leisure_Shoot]
They opposed our fight against terror.
Like every good pansy, they will come crawling to us for some help, eventually.
(I don't direct this at the Russian people, but rather the Russian leaders)
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:17:06 PM EST
In the matter of Afghanistan, the Russians didn't help because, well they already got their asses kicked in Afghanistan once. It would have been like asking us to go back to Vietnam.

In the matter of Iraq, the Russians didn't help because they were violating the UN sanctions against Iraq and making money off of Iraq.

Also, the Russians have had their own rebellion and terrorists problems that they have been dealing with for a very long time.

I think calling them panzies is an incorrect characterization.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:19:16 PM EST
Putin: <Removed. 4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.>

Bush: IBTL

<­BR>

(the above was a joke!)
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:23:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
In the matter of Afghanistan, the Russians didn't help because, well they already got their asses kicked in Afghanistan once. It would have been like asking us to go back to Vietnam.

In the matter of Iraq, the Russians didn't help because they were violating the UN sanctions against Iraq and making money off of Iraq.

Also, the Russians have had their own rebellion and terrorists problems that they have been dealing with for a very long time.

Good points.
But, the thing I'm thinking about is how they actually opposed us in Iraq.
And yes, I know it was because they were dealing with Iraq, illegally.
But, now the tables are turned.
W is shown to be righteous, and ahead of the ball, so to speak.
They should eat a little crow.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:28:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

Good points.
But, the thing I'm thinking about is how they actually opposed us in Iraq.
And yes, I know it was because they were dealing with Iraq, illegally.
But, now the tables are turned.
W is shown to be righteous, and ahead of the ball, so to speak.
They should eat a little crow.

True. However, this could also be an opportunity for Bush to get more "cooperation from the international community".
Top Top