Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 4:02:36 PM EDT
It seems the humidity around my eyes increases, esp at the end with the interviews with the survivors of Easy Company.

Thanks Guys, for everything....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You're not the only one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Wild Bill Gaurnire (sp) lives in Philly and once in a while appears on one of the local conservative talk radio shows.  What an amazing man, I always love it when he's on
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Best.  Television.  Miniseries.  EVER.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought it yesterday.  I am 3 discs through.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I've said it before and I'll say it again and again .  God bless our WWII vets . They are my heroes .
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
+1

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
+1

Those guys are the real deal.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've said it before and I'll say it again and again .  God bless our WWII vets . They are my heroes .

Pulled this country through the depression,and then WWII,and finally,the most prosperous time the world had ever seen. Sometimes I feel that the later generations(mine included),are slowly trashing what they fought so hard to win.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

have to agree

I am glad I didn't realize who was giving the interviews until the end when they say who everyone is. I knew easy vets were speaking but I didn't realize it was Winters and the rest of easy. Man that was awesome.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I too have Band of Brothers DVD set.  One of the best series every aired.  Even sweeter with the interviews with the soldiers of Easy Co.  It is very humbling to know we have folks in the Service who fight for us and our way of living.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#13]
the dvd set was one of my favorite presents ever... simply incredible.  Crossroads is my favorite episode, then it's the hour of interviews in the bonus disc
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Ain't allergeys for me...it's respect.

My grandpa landed D+1 on the beaches, and they weren't exactily secure at that time. No, he wasn't on the front line, but he was there at the Battle of the Bulge..

Company I, 120th Infantry, 30th Division.

Just wish I was smart enough to pull him aside and ask him about his life, before he died.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#16]
What an unbelievalbe ordeal those men went through.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you have a favorite episode?  One that gets to you more than another.  For me it was the one when they found the concentration camp.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Very good series, and I'm glad someone was able to get them to tell their stories.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Screw that.
Best production EVER put on film.  Period.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You're not the only one.

Sure aint, gets me every time and thats been alot for the past two days. im wanting the DVD collection but its a little pricy right now, 80 bucks at Wally World
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw that.

+1.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#22]
That is one series I like to watch...alone..with nobody around to bother me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw that.

Quite possibly. Certainly one of the most important.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Lt. Dyke
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Do you have a favorite episode?  One that gets to you more than another.  For me it was the one when they found the concentration camp.

Medic!  The episode where it follows the medic around is surreal...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw that.

I have to agree
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#27]
from "Band Of Brothers" miniseries, episode 3

You know why you hid in that ditch, Blythe?

I was scared.

We're all scared. You hid in that ditch because you think there's still hope. But Blythe, the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function; without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.

IMO, this is argueably the best quote from the entire series. Period.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Medic is a good one.

I personally like the one where Lt Spiers is put in charge and immediatly unfucks a bad situation.  Then goes running through a line of German's  and back again.  That guy had Depleted Uranium for balls!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have the DVD's yet but I will be picking them up. Just imagine finding one of those camps. I'm not sure I could handle that. That was a great episode.

I also like the one where they guy, (can't remember his name but he was the guy who was temporarily blinded), finds the dead German soldier and takes the little flower from his uniform. Later in that same episode he takes a sniper shot in the neck.

Truly Americas greatest generation. Heros in abundance.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yep  my grandfather has never had  a problem talking about WWII
he didn't mind getting into detail about  killing tanks , shooting  germans , seeing buddies blown up and ran over etc
but  he would not talk about the concentration camp he saw he  merely said a fight between troops is one thing  but  that was just horrible
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top