Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/23/2005 3:52:06 PM EDT
Who is Good and who is Bad?

I suspect that there are more good people than bad. Why, Why, Why, do the good people have to suffer so much for the sins of the bad?

(see above question)

Why? Why? Why?

I can't wait for the Rapture.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]

ETA: On a trolling spree are we?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

img220.exs.cx/img220/5918/wtf3dh.jpg

your smilie really says it all.

and...I really love the bunny with a pancake on his head. That is absolute genius.

Did you think that up?

p.s. I love bunnies and I love pancakes. You have hit all my buttons. I love you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd say good and bad happens to everyone at some point....there's no discrimination.

HH
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd say good and bad happens to everyone at some point....there's no discrimination.

HH

So why be good....when good things happen to bad people?

....and I DON'T believe in Heaven BTW...

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

ie: Preemptive strike
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and...I really love the bunny with a pancake on his head. That is absolute genius.

Did you think that up?

p.s. I love bunnies and I love pancakes. You have hit all my buttons. I love you.

No, some guy in Japan in the late '90s found that his bunny would hold still for a minute or so if you placed an object on its head. He started taking pictures of it with all kinds of foodstuff on its head and posting them on the internet. IIRC, the bunny's name was Oolong?
Somebody found that picture, added a caption, and it took off like wildfire. Or bad news.
The pictured pancake bunny died in January 2004, but the owner bought another, trained it and resumed the photography.
One more thing: That's not a real pancake. It is a traditional Japanese pastry.

So you mean it should instead say "I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a picture of a bunny with a traditional Japanese pastry on its head?"
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Without random chance life would be pretty boring.  You never know what will happen no matter who you are rather it be good or bad.  Any other way would be.....heaven or hell, you decide.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

ie: Preemptive strike

I'm down with that.

I AM on the good guy side.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#14]
When bad things happen to good people the cops dont seem to care.

Go shoot a crackhead in self defense though they will spend more then you have paid your entire line in taxes to have you put away.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you think that up?

No, some guy in Japan in the late '90s found that his bunny would hold still for a minute or so if you placed an object on its head. He started taking pictures of it with all kinds of foodstuff on its head and posting them on the internet. IIRC, the bunny's name was Oolong?
Somebody found that picture, added a caption, and it took off like wildfire. Or bad news.
The pictured pancake bunny died in January 2004, but the owner bought another, trained it and resumed the photography.

So you mean it should instead say "I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a picture of a bunny with a traditional Japanese pastry on its head?"

Yessir

Nope. That looks like two pancakes to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Without random chance life would be pretty boring.  You never know what will happen no matter who you are rather it be good or bad.  Any other way would be.....heaven or hell, you decide.

I would choose Heaven...even though I don't think they'll take me.

Can you recommend a good lawyer? A heavenly defender?

"They" say you should never "defend" yourself in court.

But I would like to give it a try.

I can't think of a better advocate.

And...if it's to Hell I'm going, I'll see you there.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#17]
To try to take a serious stab at this:

Two explanations, off the top of my head--one secular, one spiritual:

- Because.  Random chance and momentary flashes of stupidity says good people are going to have bad things happen to them, and bad people are going to catch good breaks..  Call it karma, destiny, whatever.  Feces occur.  Medium decent explanation, but still leaves a lot of holes, such as "okay, then what's the point of living if random chance says I may get hit by a bus tomorrow?"  Answer:  there isn't.

- God gave us free will, because of that a guy named Adam and his lovely bride Eve chose poorly, and as a result sin entered the world.  While God isn't evil, there's another, active force in the world who is, and uses those bad things to his advantage--though in the end, ALL things fit into God's plans.  Also, sometimes God causes people to go through tough times in an effort to make them grow stronger and closer to Him, in the same way that a physical terrorist therapist causes short-term pain in order to bring about long-term healing, or that a rosebush needs to be trimmed back to promote better growth.

My 29.4 Iraqi Dinari ($.02 at current exchange rate)
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Ask Harold Kushner....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

- Because.  Random chance and momentary flashes of stupidity says good people are going to have bad things happen to them, and bad people are going to catch good breaks..  Call it karma, destiny, whatever.  Feces occur.  Medium decent explanation, but still leaves a lot of holes, such as "okay, then what's the point of living if random chance says I may get hit by a bus tomorrow?"  Answer:  there isn't.

- God gave us free will, because of that a guy named Adam and his lovely bride Eve chose poorly, and as a result sin entered the world.  While God isn't evil, there's another, active force in the world who is, and uses those bad things to his advantage--though in the end, ALL things fit into God's plans.  Also, sometimes God causes people to go through tough times in an effort to make them grow stronger and closer to Him, in the same way that a physical terrorist therapist causes short-term pain in order to bring about long-term healing, or that a rosebush needs to be trimmed back to promote better growth.

limaxray...someday, somewhere....I hope we can sit down and have a cup o' coffee. I don't do decaf myself.

I still haven't found the Answer I'm lookin' for.

But I do have a DVD titled " The Final Events of Bible Prophecy"

I haven't watched it yet..but it says it has some great "special effects".

I imagine that the "special effects" of the Great One far surpass the "special effects" of some cheesy DVD
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#20]
can you animate that? there is nothing cuter than a bunny wiggling her nose!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Taxman... as Bad as I am...I rrrrrrrreeeeaaaalllllllllly want to keep as far away from you as possible.

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

You sick SOB.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you think that up?

Yessir

Nope. That looks like two pancakes to me.

Yo Poobster,

I have (20 yrs ago) +180 jumps out of a perfectlygood airplane., Plus one jump off a perfectly good bridge.

It is a great view from the wing of a BeechCraft.....diving down from 13,000 ft with 15 other crazyfolk...trying  to succeed in your endeavor.

On one dive, I got kicked in the face and had bloodstreams coming out my nose and still made all the "points" on the dive. I didn't even know 'til I got on the ground and had a bloody crust all up my face. It was ...."ugly".

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Who is Good and who is Bad?

I suspect that there are more good people than bad. Why, Why, Why, do the good people have to suffer so much for the sins of the bad?

(see above question)

Why? Why? Why?

I can't wait for the Rapture.

Because shit happens. And shit is an equal opportunity motherfucker.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

YES...I just LOVE Trolling!!!! it is soooooo entertaining!!!

Yet, I would like to hear your recipe for "Bunny With a Pancake On Its Head"

I like some Hot Sauce, Mrs. Dash, pepper, garlic, and some Worcestershire Sauce, and NO syrup please.

For that matter... the above ingrediants pretty much cover me (in a pinch) just fine.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:23:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yet, I would like to hear your recipe for "Bunny With a Pancake On Its Head"

I like some Hot Sauce, Mrs. Dash, pepper, garlic, and some Worcestershire Sauce, and NO syrup please.

For that matter... the above ingrediants pretty much cover me (in a pinch) just fine.

Actually, seeing as how it's an Asian bunny, wouldn't sweet & sour sauce be more appropriate?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:47:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

limaxray...someday, somewhere....I hope we can sit down and have a cup o' coffee. I don't do decaf myself.

I imagine that the "special effects" of the Great One far surpass the "special effects" of some cheesy DVD

I'm always up for a good cup of coffee!  

I can give you first and second-hand accounts of how God has forced people into bad, bad situations, hoping that through it all they will trust in Him and grow closer to Him.  My wife went through a very serious bout of depression; it was very hard on both of us, but that's exactly what happened.  Not only are we both closer to Christ, but we're closer to each other.

The man I admire the most was my grandfather.  He was diagnosed with lung cancer, given a prognosis of three years.   He lasted six, and every day of it, regardless of the pain and suffering he went through, was spent preaching two messages--get to know God, and don't smoke.  In the end, he got about 40 people to quit smoking and about thirty came to know Christ.  He was in HOSPICE, barely able to breath, and was still evangelizing.

I miss him terribly, but he helped me too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you admit you were trolling?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Per request.

It got a little screwed up when I saved it. ImageForge doesn't like animations. Anyways, here you go.

Give it a sec to load.

Here is another one that I did not make.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#29]
TR - Did you say you'll see me there???   Pardon me, but God loves me.  All the little children told me so.  Red and yellow, black and white I am precious in his site.  Please, please don't make the little baby Jesus cry!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#30]
IBTPM (in before the pit move)
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

And he/she/it is a team member also

I'm impressed

I should become a team member
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm always up for a good cup of coffee!  

I can give you first and second-hand accounts of how God has forced people into bad, bad situations, hoping that through it all they will trust in Him and grow closer to Him.  My wife went through a very serious bout of depression; it was very hard on both of us, but that's exactly what happened.  Not only are we both closer to Christ, but we're closer to each other.

The man I admire the most was my grandfather.  He was diagnosed with lung cancer, given a prognosis of three years.   He lasted six, and every day of it, regardless of the pain and suffering he went through, was spent preaching two messages--get to know God, and don't smoke.  In the end, he got about 40 people to quit smoking and about thirty came to know Christ.  He was in HOSPICE, barely able to breath, and was still evangelizing.

I miss him terribly, but he helped me too.

sorry 'bout that. I can realte to the "don't smoke" message. I'm still not convinced on the other message.

There is nothing like facing your own mortality to to get you "searching" for "some thing".

If that message helps some people into the next dimension, then that's "OTAY" by me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Perhaps....NOTHING bad happens to us..

It's ALL good.

If something bad happens...then it's good.

I like that....that's a good philosophy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#34]
First person that comes to my mind is Christopher Reeve.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
First person that comes to my mind is Christopher Reeve.

Bad example....really, really bad example.

I hope to exemplify some other example....thank you very much.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Why do good things happen to bad people?

MTV's "My Super Sweet Sixteen" pops into my mind... that show is so sick, it draws my morbid curiosity...
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Hmmmm, is it up to me to decide?

Isn't the Bible the final word?

If it's up to me to decide....I imagine that's pretty scary for a lot of other folks.

Holy avocado!.

Remember the Rack, Guillotine, Iron Maiden, Breast Ripper, Branks, Pear, Judas Cradle, Headcrusher, Whirligig, Cat's Paw, Heretic's Fork, Chair of Spikes.

-Many of these tortures seem to be geared towards women-

I, for one, love women (young, old, sweet, sexy, skanky-not ).

I would NEVER do any of these to ANYBODY (not even you).

Would you?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
href=img220.exs.cx/img220/5918/wtf3dh.jpg

hinking.gif

Did you think that up?

Group Hug!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:43:06 AM EDT
[#39]
CleanCut, is that you?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#40]
I have violated (as far as I know) all 10 of the Commandments.

I pray that God will take pity on me.

'Cause, really, I'm not THAT bad.

Most of my transgressions took place before I was 16 (e.g., lusting after my friend's hot Mom!).

And I do feel badly about how I have behaved in the past.

I know that there is the "amnesty" of Christ. Is there any other kind of "amnesty" though?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hello Pot?  Kettle here!

Pot26 calling Kettle19, over.

This is Kettle19, over.

Kettle19, you are bastard, black, issue one each, over.

Roger...  Kettle19 out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Most of my transgressions took place before I was 16 (e.g., lusting after my friend's hot Mom!).

I know that there is the "amnesty" of Christ. Is there any other kind of "amnesty" though?

Only if you post pics of an Asian Playboy Bunny with Hot Sauce, Mrs. Dash, pepper, garlic, and some Worcestershire Sauce, and NO syrup.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Per request.

It got a little screwed up when I saved it. ImageForge doesn't like animations. Anyways, here you go.

img354.imageshack.us/img354/4032/wtf5vf.gif
Give it a sec to load.

Here is another one that I did not make.

www.black-rifles.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rabbit_pancake.gif

YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH FUCKING TIME ON YOUR HANDS!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

There is no 'amnesty'.

You can be forgiven, but you have to have faith first.

Repentance, in the original Hebrew, means to have 'sorrow'.  Feeling badly for what you have done is the first step in the process, but there is more.

Bad things happen to good people because God wants them to grow.  Without these things to help us grow, we would not have the personal growth that God wants for us if we skipped them.

Good things happen to bad people because God wishes to give them enough rope to hang themselves with.

Take my ExBIL.  He had a good position with the D----n PD, assistant CoP and three children.  Beat his wife regularly when they got married, beat his children and (I suspect) abused his daughters in more . . . intimate . . . ways.  He lied at church about paying tithing, about beating on my Sister, etc.  Then she left him, divorced him . . . and he now lives with a complete witch who dominates him, he has been ex-communicated and has lost his job.  If you count on Satan to uphold you in doing evil he wiull abandon you in the end.  Always happens.  'Good' things will happen to you in the meantime, but the accounting will come.  Maybe not in this lifetime.  But your deeds will catch up with you. (Unless you repent completely).

[/preach]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Only you and God know what kind of life you have lead. You can fool everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#46]
The good man is neither uplifted by the good things of time, nor depressed by it's ills, but the wicked, because he is corrupted with the wickedness of this world, feels opressed by it's evil.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#47]
TR - I'm not real sure what you are talking about.  But, I do think we have a choice even though random chance plays a part in our lives.  Now when it comes to wimmens, I'm only here to make 'em happy!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#48]
tagged.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
TR - Did you say you'll see me there???   Pardon me, but God loves me.  All the little children told me so.  Red and yellow, black and white I am precious in his site.  Please, please don't make the little baby Jesus cry!

I'm sorry. It's just a line....

But, I don't like anyone telling me I'm going whereanywhere.

But, wherever I'm going, I will see you there.

Because neither you nor anyone else is any better or worse than I am. And, given "the line"... you are pretty darn bad.

I've done good and I've done bad. I feel badly for the bad I've done. And I always hope to do better.

I'm what they call a "Work In Progress".

And, the world is FAR from perfect. So, if God judges me against His imperfect world, I will throw it back in His face.

Bart Simpson: "Well if eternal suffering is forever, won't you get used to it after a while?"
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#50]
titpecker
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top