Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 5:17:43 PM EDT
TITLE 10  > Subtitle A  > PART I  > CHAPTER 13  > Sec. 311. Next

Sec. 311. - Militia: composition and classes

(a)

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b)

The classes of the militia are -

(1)

the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2)

the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia

There you go my friends.  My legal contribution to our cause.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

(a)

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b)

(1)

the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2)

the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia

Don't care a lot about the age thing. The Antis could use it against us by saying that anyone under 17  or over 45 doesn't need a "Militia Weapon" and that'd mean that if you're over 45 you'd not have cause to own one anymore.  I think as long as you can pull a trigger and come close to hitting what you're aiming at you're a part of the "militia".
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(a)

(b)

(1)

(2)

Don't care a lot about the age thing. The Antis could use it against us by saying that anyone under 17  or over 45 doesn't need a "Militia Weapon" and that'd mean that if you're over 45 you'd not have cause to own one anymore.  I think as long as you can pull a trigger and come close to hitting what you're aiming at you're a part of the "militia".

It also basically says that women not in the National Guard cannot have guns...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Well just pee right in my cheerios, Frank!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I declare myself the armorer of the unorganized militia!!

Now I just need some official letterhead...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Like they pay attention to the Law when it disagrees with their agenda.
I just point'em at the evening news about 2 million people murdered in Sudan for NOT being Arab-muslims, and tell'em 'Fuck off'.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well just pee right in my cheerios, Frank!  

LOL, didn't mean to get your cheerios all wet and soggy.  It just seemed the way they put it there was an age limitation.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(a)

(b)

(1)

(2)

Interesting point...

Tortfeasor, Can you post/explain what section 313 of title 32 refers to ??  some manner of disqualifying circumstances ??

P.S.   Forgive my ignorance,  what document is this from ?  I can never remember these types of things, rather frustrating....

Thanks !
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#8]
TNFrank,   made you a new avatar  

Just bugged me that it always comes up funny (cant read the text)

Guess I'm too obsessive-compulsive, haha...

Tho the truth may be I'm just too bored  

JB
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Jeez. You mean I'm being discharged next year already? I just got in for crap sakes!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
TNFrank,   made you a new avatar  img18.exs.cx/img18/6158/dtom.gif

JB

To tell ya' the truth, I never noticed. I've always liked that Gadsden Flag. It sums up the way I feel very nicely.  Too bad our government just don't get it anymore.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Title Sec. 313. - Appointments and enlistments: age limitations

(a)

To be eligible for original enlistment in the National Guard, a person must be at least 17 years of age and under 45, or under 64 years of age and a former member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, or Regular Marine Corps. To be eligible for reenlistment, a person must be under 64 years of age.

(b)

To be eligible for appointment as an officer of the National Guard, a person must -

(1)

be a citizen of the United States; and

(2)

be at least 18 years of age and under 64

Must be a citizen and under 64 or a non citizen under 45
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(a)

(b)

(1)

(2)

It would be thrown out in a heart beat as discrimination based on sex and/or age.

I've used this alot and the most worthless responses always either revolve around how the label unorganized doesn't somehow fit the word regulated, because they choose to distort regulated or they will say they've seen it before and they just don't think it applies.  They can't explain how it doesn't apply though.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#13]
See the begining of my sig line.  We have a much Higher Authority than the constitution.  Oh and no age requirements except as provided in Leviticus which is 20years old and older.  Edited to add men.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TNFrank,   made you a new avatar  img18.exs.cx/img18/6158/dtom.gif

JB

To tell ya' the truth, I never noticed. I've always liked that Gadsden Flag. It sums up the way I feel very nicely.  Too bad our government just don't get it anymore.

+1 brother !   Aint it the truth
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Title Sec. 313. - Appointments and enlistments: age limitations

(a)

To be eligible for original enlistment in the National Guard, a person must be at least 17 years of age and under 45, or under 64 years of age and a former member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, or Regular Marine Corps. To be eligible for reenlistment, a person must be under 64 years of age.

(b)

To be eligible for appointment as an officer of the National Guard, a person must -

(1)

be a citizen of the United States; and

(2)

be at least 18 years of age and under 64

Must be a citizen and under 64 or a non citizen under 45

Thanks Sylvan,  that alone helps the arguement even more.

(under 64 for former military)   Broadens the base a bunch

JB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top