Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 7:55:37 AM EST
What do you think of the TT riggers belt? Good alternative to the SOE belt?

John
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:35:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By JSteensen:

John

I'm not sure which belt you're talking about (and I'm too lazy to find out), but I'm very happy with my Wilderness Tactical belt.

thewilderness.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/3/products_id/36
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:42:23 AM EST
Chim, is the belt buckle plastic?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:55:24 AM EST
I have something similar I wear with BDUs.

Lil story....

Army issue belts.... Vs. Rigger style belts....

Water obstacle course AIT Ft. Huachuca

You had to use planks of various lengths to get over the water to the otherside.
Of course none of the planks were long enough. We got approval from our DS to use
our belts to LASH the planks together. 6 Army Issue belts and one Riggers belt.
We tossed the lashed boards to the far side and it hit hard ripping the 6 issue belts to shreds.
We got in the water to check it out and to get the planks back. The only belt to survive was the riggers belt. Kept the boards together, no damage. We used it on every obstacle from then on.
I bought one after that. Mine does not have the V. I just clip a large Biner around it in the front.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:01:29 AM EST
Very good to know. Yeah, Im trying to make sure I get a rigger belt with a metal buckle, as I really wouldnt trust a plastic tie in point. I tend to hike through an area where there are alot of rock climbing accidents (stupid college kids who are trying to climb without proper training and equipment) and would like to have this just in case.

John
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:06:05 AM EST
I've used the BlackHawk CQB riggers rescue belt for many years without complaint. I doubt I would ever find something better.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:13:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By TeuffelHunden1775:
I've used the BlackHawk CQB riggers rescue belt for many years without complaint. I doubt I would ever find something better.

same boat. but there is something better. it has a hard plastic "tape" inside the belt that keeps it stiff so you can use it as a gun belt.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:18:43 AM EST
I use a Wilderness 5 stich instructor's belt (similar product) I can't say enough good things about it. I wear it everyday because it is more comfortable than my leather belts.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:21:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 10:22:14 AM EST by W-W]

Originally Posted By Chimborazo:

John

I'm not sure which belt you're talking about (and I'm too lazy to find out), but I'm very happy with my Wilderness Tactical belt.

+1 ETA the Buckle is steel.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:22:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 10:23:15 AM EST by AZ_newguy]

Chim, is the belt buckle plastic?

The Wilderness buckles are all metal. They are great belts. I'm wearing one now. I wish they would make one with the attachment point separate from the buckle, like a Blackawk or a CMI. The CMI is only single layer webbing.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:37:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By hk940:

Originally Posted By TeuffelHunden1775:

same boat. but there is something better. it has a hard plastic "tape" inside the belt that keeps it stiff so you can use it as a gun belt.

I don't think I would want something that stiff, as a primary belt, for comfort reasons. I hang a drop rig, mags and knife from mine with no prob's. I would certainly like to see what you describe.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:41:50 AM EST
Does the Marine Corps use riggers belts now? If so, what kind?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:43:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 1:10:32 PM EST by Shooter521]
I've got a Tac Tailor rigger's belt and have been very pleased with it. Buckle is steel.

Edited to add: mine is of the "improved" design, described further down in the thread.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:03:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By Chimborazo:

John

I have to second this. Outstanding gear.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:17:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By Shooter521:
I've got a Tac Tailor rigger's belt and have been very pleased with it. Buckle is steel.

I've got a tan one to replace the black one that I used to wear that I no longer need since I've lost weight. The new ones have the same extra-thick belt material with steel buckle and keeper. New however is the rubberized belt tongue piece that keeps the end from fraying. I sort of like the new one.

I recommend their belts highly.

Here are some pics off of Logan's company website:

Top Top