Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 4:38:16 PM EDT
On this laptop there are three different "users" available. My own, my brotheres and a guest. When I sign into my user profile thing I get the windows message that pops up and says "the system configuration tool has been utilized" and then gives you the option to check a box that says "do not launch system configuration utility or see this message on startup" and then has an OK button to press. However, when the window opens up to mouse freezes, will not move. Still can access start menu through the windows key and arrows but I can't use the mouse. Now here is the wierd thing. On all the other users for this computer the same message comes up, but the mouse still works and I can just click ok and be on with my business. What the hell is going on? I am not aware of using the configuration utility having been used in a LONG time so I don't know what prompted this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Try booting into Safe Mode (pressing F8 before the Windows logo comes up during booting) and then run MSConfig. See if anything is unchecked or in there that shouldn't be. I'd start there... report back what you find and we'll go from there.

-d
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I rebotted in safe mode then got into MS config and clicked "enable all" so I wouldn't miss anything. Still does it. I also don't inderstand why this happens on just MY user and not any of the other ones. Also after my mouse freezes in my user I log out and it is still frozen. This baffles me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
baffles me too :) Try disabling all of the things in start up in safe mode. Then see what it does.

-d
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Add a new user for YOU and delete the old one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top