Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/15/2003 9:46:01 PM EDT
I just noticed this today, but have you ever taken a good look at the caps of the 24oz.(?) bottles of Coke?

The bottles and labels are the same but the caps are 3 different colors. At first I thought this was to identify the bottling plants, but I looked closer and found that the same plant sometime has 2 different colors of caps.

Anyway, cut to the chase, here is what I found

Red Caps - ?
Green Caps - ?
Yellow Caps - My Ex Girlfriend, who is Jewish told me that yellow caps are Kosher Coke.

Any idea what the Red and Green caps designate?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:49:50 PM EDT
I see gold colored caps too.
I think they have to do with different games on the inside of the cap.

Oh BTW, I hate those damn new 12 pack designs their coming out with. Long skinny box. I got to rearrange from fridge now.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:51:29 PM EDT
I've never really noticed that, but now that you point it out, I know what you're talking about.

Maybe the green and red are for the holiday season? Just a thought.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:57:51 PM EDT
I hate the 12 packs too, first time I opened one all 12 cans fell to the floor. I'm used to the old 12 packs. I'd put 6 cans in the refridge, and put 6 on the shelf, now its alot harder because Coke wants to make life easer for lazy people.

I'm not too sure on the caps for the holidays, I've seen the red and green this summer, 6 months away from the season.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:35:17 AM EDT
The different colors are for games. I think the regular color is a red cap. The gold cap has letters and numbers underneath and you have to go to cokemusic.com and claim them for points. I guess the others would be some other game maybe a look under cap for prize like a free coke.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:38:31 AM EDT
Mine had a purple cap the other day. Is that Gay Coke?
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:25:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BigJ491:

Do you feel more gay than before drinking it ?
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:27:44 AM EDT

No, thats the black cap with the pink triangle on top.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:58:34 PM EDT
Pink Triangle as in the color coded triangles that started in Auschwitz?
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:24:16 PM EDT
The gold cap is the code one. There are supposed to be 1 in 12 that get free 20oz. I've bought about 25 of them and the only free coke i've found was under some one elses. BS. Pepsi is much better. I'd buy it, but the g.d. 7-11s won't stock cherry pepsi.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:34:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Cheat:
Yellow Caps - My Ex Girlfriend, who is Jewish told me that yellow caps are Kosher Coke.

Your girlfriends wrong, all coke is kosker, if something has a circled U or K its kosher.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:44:58 PM EDT
Saw the new 12 packs on my trip to the East Coast last spring. Haven't seen any out here yet. The cube 24 packs are handier.

Coke hasn't been the same since they started fiddling with the mix.

Give me one from Mexico or the Phillipines. Made with real cane sugar (not corn sweetners) and less carbonation, that's the way ther are supposed to taste. We can get Mexican bottled bottles here in So. Cal if we feel like living dangerusly.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:37:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mmanwitgun:

Originally Posted By The_Cheat:

Your girlfriends wrong, all coke is kosker, if something has a circled U or K its kosher.

I tried looking on a few I had here, nothing like that on the cap, or on the label.

Maybe you live in a area that has a high jewish population? Other then that I'm lost.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/16/2003 7:01:00 PM EDT by 3-7INFANTRY]
You mean they sell drinks in the store besides beer.

Go Infantry
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:22:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KOW:

Do you feel more gay than before drinking it ?

No, but I have a sudden desire to redecorate my apartment...
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:24:05 PM EDT
if you ask some tinhat nutjob, he'll probably say it's a gov't conspiracy to spike some coke with a mind altering drug, and only a select few know which color caps don't have them......for shits and giggles, you might want to ask that question over at ASSWIPE.NET, bet you'll get some unusually responses, from the unusally characters over there.
Top Top