Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 11:31:39 AM EDT
A friend just bought a Charles Daly 12g shotgun, semi-auto, black plastic everything, very light, made in Turkey.  The thing stove piped (shells would point out of ejection port, parallel with ground and perpendicular to barrel at 90 degrees)  9 out of 10 times! Do those camel jockeys know how to make shotguns or have they been smoking to much hash?  

Anyone else have experience with them?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Was he using simple birdshot? In an auto shotgun like that even a beneli will jam all the time. It needs full power loads, birdshot aint it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, it was number 8.  That shouldnt be a problem though.  My Rem 1100 has no prob with them.  Also, if he cant shoot birdshot, then he can't shoot sporting clays?  That doesnt sound right.  Not with a new shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#3]
My friend's dad bought one just before duck season last year.  He likes his.  I think the only time he had problems with it was with some reloads and his son's benelli jammed on them too.  They think they got some bad primers.  He ordered a 24 inch barrel for it and it didn't fit right.  They took care of it though.

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Blue Falcon:
My friend's dad bought one just before duck season last year.  He likes his.  I think the only time he had problems with it was with some reloads and his son's benelli jammed on them too.  They think they got some bad primers.  He ordered a 24 inch barrel for it and it didn't fit right.  They took care of it though.

View Quote

These were factory fresh loads and I think his barrel is 28"?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#5]
FYI, the Turks are not Arabs, or "Camel Jockeys" as you so lovingly call them.  Get an atlas, fer cryin' out loud.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Those shotguns are basicly trash. They rarely work correctly. Send it back while you still can. I know someone ou there has one that "works great for me", but they are really junk.
Scott
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gus Laskaris:
FYI, the Turks are not Arabs, or "Camel Jockeys" as you so lovingly call them.  Get an atlas, fer cryin' out loud.
View Quote

If they are not Arabs what are they?  Europeans? Attaturk couldnt make them European and neither can an Atlas.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#8]
They are no more Arabic than the Spaniards, who also had a lot of Arabic influence on their culture.  I would say, having spent some time in Turkey, that they are more European than anything else.  Especially around Istanbul and the "European side" of Turkey to the west of the Bosphourus.  

They are mostly Moslems, which is what probably threw you off.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was he using simple birdshot? In an auto shotgun like that even a beneli will jam all the time. It needs full power loads, birdshot aint it.
View Quote

Thousands of rounds through my Benelli, not a single jam ever and all I ever shoot are trap & bird loads.

BTW, while the Turks live in Turkey, they are only a minority.  Turkey is populated with a hodgepodge of mixed blood Greek, Bulgarian, Slav, Syrian, Iraninan, Palestinian, etc.  And yeah, there are Arabs there.

BTW, Stalin was a from that region of the world (Georgia).  Ever wonder why he looks just like Saddam Hussein????  Another reason why it was so easy for him to kill off so many Ukranians and Russians (infidels!).
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
[center][size=6][green][b] REMINGTON [/size=6] [/green] [/b][/center]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[center][size=6][green][b] REMINGTON [/size=6] [/green] [/b][/center]
View Quote
                                           YEAH!...don`t compare $300 imports to 1100`s PLEASE!!!.......and why does this thread (and pretty much EVERY thread) have to become ethnic?...MUST BE THAT FULL MOON AGAIN!!!![dracula]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to say, but you got a POS. It was cheap and look good (that was about all).  I had the pump one and hated it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top