Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/21/2003 3:40:56 PM EDT
There are those that think less of a person when they discover one is consuming a light American beer. Why?

Personally, I enjoy the occasional Guinness or other "coffe-like" beers, but mainly prefer the crisp light beers.

Let the beatings begin.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:47:50 PM EDT
I'm just happy when I find a fellow beer drinker.  I'll have one more, than taper off.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:49:54 PM EDT
Never met a beer I didnt like. [beer]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:08:43 PM EDT
I'll drink to that.
Budweiser or Miller Lite for me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:22:56 PM EDT
when i was in germany i met several Germans that told me Coors light is their favorite. they said the mountain water(glacier runoff i guess) used in it really makes the difference. i like beer as much as the next guy, but i think the water would have to have chunks in it for me to tell the difference between fresh mountain runoff and toilet water.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:25:49 PM EDT
The average American Lagers like Bud, Miller, Michalobe, etc. just don't appeal to my tastes. Lite beers are just nasty. I like a full bodied beer with a strong flavor. Sam Adams Boston Lager is one of my cold weather favorites. I also like beers from smaller, not necessarily "Micro breweries" but smaller breweries like Point (Stevens Point Wisc.). Leinenkugel (Chippewa Falls Wisc.) which has a great variety of beers or Straub (St. Mary's Pa.). Of course, I like a variety of Stouts and Cream Ales as well.
I'm far from a beer snob and would never turn my nose to a free beer of any kind but if I'm buying, I'll have my choice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:28:24 PM EDT
Beer is liquid Bread ! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:29:57 PM EDT
... Crisp enough?

[img]http://www.bestinwine.com/shop/image.php?productid=16958[/img]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:43:55 PM EDT
There is only 2 kinds of beer.

1)Free Beer.

2)Beer I bought.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:48:58 PM EDT
I tried Sam Adams for the first time Friday.  Had a wang to it...  I'll stick with Miller Lite, or regular old Coors!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:42:16 PM EDT
Some people just think they are "cool" if they drink the nastiest swill possible; thus, they can say you are a pussy for not liking their manly beer....
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:46:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Diss_ipator:
There is only 2 kinds of beer.

1)Free Beer.

2)Beer I bought.
View Quote

So true I will try almost any beer atleast once from Olympia to Arragont Bastard Ale.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:31:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sukebe:
...Leinenkugel...
View Quote

yah

linies or killians red for me

local store sells leinenkugels original 24 bottle cases for like 11$

that being said i dont turn up my nose at any of the macro-beers, and thier is nothing like a bush light 40

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:07:23 AM EDT
I've been acussed of being a "Beer Snob" by a couple of my coworkers.  I prefer an import, that's either an English Pale Ale, such as Bass, or something along the lines of a nice hardcore Porter, and even a guiness from time to time.  Even though I tend to have expensive taste, I still do really enjoy a Bud that's Ice cold, especially when the guys get together for pizza, beer, and football.  That, and I live next to a Bud factory.  Nothing like smelling Barley and Hops on the way to and from work everyday.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:48:51 AM EDT
Depends on the mood (or the budget) for me.  I like most everything, from Milwaukees Beast, I mean Best, to Guinness, Bass, or Harp.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:51:46 AM EDT
Oh yeah Harp, good beer.  I like Bass, St Pauli, and good old Shiner Bock from Baja Oklahoma.  Bud Dry and Bud Light is as far down the chain as I will go.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:12:42 AM EDT
Yuengling, America's Oldest brewery makes excellent ale and premium beer[beer]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:29:32 AM EDT
Beer in general taste like shit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:35:57 AM EDT
I drink Coors Light most of the time, but I do like imports or microbrews alot.  They are just too expensive for me to drink daily.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:42:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LotBoy:
View Quote

You mean...taste like Piss ?
Because it is, ask any brewmaster or chemist.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:03:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bobby_the_Hun:
Originally Posted By LotBoy:
View Quote

You mean...taste like Piss ?
Because it is, ask any brewmaster or chemist.
View Quote

[:D]

I think alcohol is bacteria waste.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:03:41 AM EDT
The average American Lagers like Bud, Miller, Michalobe, etc. just don't appeal to my tastes. ..
View Quote

bud is a lager
miller is a pilsner
and michelob... they still make michelob??? Not really beer, so it doesn't count.

Pilsner urquell(sp) from chech/slovokia/republic thingie is a great one to try.
Ditto for shiner bock.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:05:57 AM EDT
What who is bashing the all mighty cold beer?
Let that person be stoned until death.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:42:19 AM EDT
View Quote

I agree...and they make a damn good lager too!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:35:02 AM EDT
Personally, my current favorite is Moose Drool...
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:41:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Only_Hits_Count:
The average American Lagers like Bud, Miller, Michalobe, etc. just don't appeal to my tastes. ..
View Quote

bud is a lager
miller is a pilsner
and michelob... they still make michelob??? Not really beer, so it doesn't count.

Ditto for shiner bock.  
View Quote

I guess it's clear who the beer snob is.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:49:53 AM EDT
To me Beer is Beer.....

Bottom up!.....Last One pay the tab! [beer]

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:04:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2003 5:05:10 AM EDT by photoman]
View Quote

bud is a lager
miller is a pilsner

Ditto for shiner bock.  
View Quote

Bud is a lager? since when besides like carona it is made with rice, rice has no place in beer. Miller lite is a pilsner, but MGD sure as hell ain't. The best beer made in Wisconsin is Leinenkugels, be it Red, original, Northwoods or any one of the many others they make. I was pissed when I went out to DC and I couldn't find any. Than one of the bartenders at the hotel we were staying at told me about this place in Georgetown that did have it and I was happy again.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:38:04 AM EDT
I like it all, though I tend toward the darker ales and lagers. Stone Pale Ale currently is my favorite.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:50:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By photoman:
View Quote

bud is a lager
miller is a pilsner

Ditto for shiner bock.  
View Quote

Bud is a lager? since when besides like carona it is made with rice, rice has no place in beer. Miller lite is a pilsner, but MGD sure as hell ain't. The best beer made in Wisconsin is Leinenkugels, be it Red, original, Northwoods or any one of the many others they make. I was pissed when I went out to DC and I couldn't find any. Than one of the bartenders at the hotel we were staying at told me about this place in Georgetown that did have it and I was happy again.
View Quote

Budweiser call's their 'beer' a lager- bottom fermented. budweiser.com
Ask them about the "beechwood aging process"-- they put wood chips in the tanks-- they don't put beer in wooden barrels.

I don't drink miller lite. Remember high life??
(actually I don't drink either - I'm pure and innocent)
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:56:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By photoman:
View Quote

bud is a lager
miller is a pilsner

Ditto for shiner bock.  
View Quote

View Quote

Budweiser call's their 'beer' a lager- bottom fermented. budweiser.com
Ask them about the "beechwood aging process"-- they put wood chips in the tanks-- they don't put beer in wooden barrels.

I don't drink miller lite. Remember high life??
(actually I don't drink either - I'm pure and innocent)
View Quote

Wasn't trying to be a dick on th budwiser thing I just never considered it as a lager. I remember highlife, still drink it too. I like it better than Lite. I actually only drink Miller if there is no Linies around. And I never drink Budwiser. Don't know why but for some reason it tastes funny to me.
[url]www.leinie.com/home.asp[/url] my beer of choice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:59:04 AM EDT
Beer makes me shit, especially cheap American beer that comes in 30 packs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:05:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kooter:
when i was in germany i met several Germans that told me Coors light is their favorite. they said the mountain water(glacier runoff i guess) used in it really makes the difference. i like beer as much as the next guy, but i think the water would have to have chunks in it for me to tell the difference between fresh mountain runoff and toilet water.
View Quote

This summer while working on a project in KY the Germans who were onsite with us celebrated at the end of the job with none other than Coors Light.  I couldn't believe it myself.  Of course they drank it room temperature (about 75 degrees F.)which would normally turn me off.  I like my beer cold.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:11:01 AM EDT
[family guy] Pawtuckett Patriot! [/family guy]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:12:32 AM EDT
Bring on the Iron City.  Only 3 bars in Atlanta area that I know of carry it.   One is a Steelers bar.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:31:44 AM EDT
I prefer rootbeer myself.  I find A&W and Mug to be preferable.

A good malta isn't bad either.  Malta Polar or Malta Regional being some of the better choices.  Regional is for those who prefer a sweeter choice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:34:24 AM EDT
quantity interests me more than quality [:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:56:48 AM EDT
I like beer...
I like pie...

BTW, make mine a Coors Light![beer]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:10:45 PM EDT
Anchor Steam mmmmmmmmm [beer]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:15:05 PM EDT
View Quote

You are correct, sir. I also enjoy a good Paulaner Munchen. Kar98 turned me onto that stuff, and I have to say it's outstanding. Grolsch is also nice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:46:14 PM EDT
[u]Here's what I know about beer:[/u]

I'd rather [b]drink[/b] it than [b]talk[/b] about it. [beer]

[lol]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:02:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AZ-K9:
There are those that think less of a person when they discover one is consuming a light American beer. Why?

[:D]
View Quote

Because it means your gay.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:07:48 PM EDT
Because it means your gay.

Sgtar15
View Quote

you know, i do drink heavily and tend to kill a great many brain cells, but i distinctly remember somebody drinking at least one of my bud lights at gunstock!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:33:11 PM EDT
I lived in Kalifornistan when the microbrew "revolution" began. Shit, I never tasted such shitty beers. Pyramid Ale & Hefewietzen aren't too bad, but you can pretty much keep the rest-including Anchor Steam (if you can get the shit to quit foaming long enough to drink some of it-and BTW, it's actually Anchor STEAM beer. STEAM being the brew process).
I'm originally from St. Louis (beer and fighter jet capital of the world) and call me sentimental but I still prefer:
Michelob
Bud Light in longnecks
Busch in longnecks
Heineken is pretty decent, Spaten Munich is OK once in a while, and I occasionally enjoy a well-tapped Black & Tan. (it's an art)
P.S. Red Stripe is actually pretty good, and Leinenkugels (sp?) isn't too shabby either.
Keep your microbrews and heavy-assed Euro beers. You won't have to worry about me buying the last six-pack if I'm in line in front of you. I'd rather drink water.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:57:21 PM EDT
Stella Artois - it may be Belgian and they may speak French.  But it's damn good beer!

But you can't get it in the US!!!!  [>Q]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:14:46 PM EDT
I know you can get Stella in Atlanta and in Boston, not sure if it is avaiable in other markets in the U.S.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:43:16 PM EDT
Nothing worse than American lite beer out of a can... Yuk !

My fav's; Red Hook ESB, Sam Adam's lager, Czech Pils Urq, Amstel, Hieneken, Grolsch, Pretty much any German Pilsner.

On the cheap ; Kokanee, Labatt's Blue, Henry Weinhardt's, Molson.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:49:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Shane333:
I prefer rootbeer myself.  I find A&W and Mug to be preferable.
View Quote

My wife & I were at one of those resturants where they brew their own beer on the premises, and the also brew their own ROOT BEER! My wife is a root beer lover, and she ordered a glass; she loved it, the only problem was that it costed $2.50 a glass, which was kind of steep for her.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:07:46 PM EDT
No offense taken Photo-
Budweiser also has a 'papery' aftertaste to me-- must be the wood chip flavor...

What is mgd if it's not a pilsner?? I never looked.  

Rootbeer- Don't you have the IBC brand?? In the brown bottles?? Stewarts is also pretty good. We also had a restaurant that brewed their own--- an ungodly amount of white sugar in that stuff!!!!!  
Top Top