Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2014 5:49:57 PM EDT
While searching for information on my new  Boy Scout Axe, I found that every Boy's Life magazine is freely available to browse on Google! They have the entire catalog from March 1911, to present. While casually reading one I found this little gem:

Boy's Life: 1949

ITS Tactical: 2013

If you find yourself with the time you should totally check them out! Here is a link: https://www.google.com/search?q=Boy&btnG=Search+Books&tbm=bks&tbo=1#q=Boy's+Life&safe=off&tbm=bks

They have some really good information in them and its enjoyable to take a walk back in time. Also there are some killer Remington and Winchester ads.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a great find.  I browsed through one issue and it has a lot of good stuff in it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep.  I remember my Dad's American Rifleman mags with the $3 Lugers in the back.  Must have been nice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Very neat, thanks. I just flipped through a 1982 issue and remembered reading it! Crazy.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
And kids back then knew how to use that kit too
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Umm, yes, it is cool...but it's not new.  You might want to check out the ARFCOM Survival Forum.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Umm, yes, it is cool...but it's not new.  You might want to check out the ARFCOM Survival Forum.
View Quote

Right I know that people have been making altoids tin survival kits for several years now, I just needed a commercial offering to compare it to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top