Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2014 5:49:57 PM EDT
While searching for information on my new  Boy Scout Axe, I found that every Boy's Life magazine is freely available to browse on Google! They have the entire catalog from March 1911, to present. While casually reading one I found this little gem:

Boy's Life: 1949

ITS Tactical: 2013

If you find yourself with the time you should totally check them out! Here is a link: https://www.google.com/search?q=Boy&btnG=Search+Books&tbm=bks&tbo=1#q=Boy's+Life&safe=off&tbm=bks

They have some really good information in them and its enjoyable to take a walk back in time. Also there are some killer Remington and Winchester ads.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:55:21 PM EDT
That's a great find.  I browsed through one issue and it has a lot of good stuff in it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:58:55 PM EDT
Yep.  I remember my Dad's American Rifleman mags with the $3 Lugers in the back.  Must have been nice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:10:41 PM EDT
Very neat, thanks. I just flipped through a 1982 issue and remembered reading it! Crazy.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:11:30 PM EDT
And kids back then knew how to use that kit too
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:13:12 PM EDT
Umm, yes, it is cool...but it's not new.  You might want to check out the ARFCOM Survival Forum.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:17:29 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blake:
Umm, yes, it is cool...but it's not new.  You might want to check out the ARFCOM Survival Forum.
View Quote

Right I know that people have been making altoids tin survival kits for several years now, I just needed a commercial offering to compare it to.
Top Top