Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 1:09:46 PM EDT
We are hearing about all the insurgent activities in the central part of Iraq around Baghdad but what is going on down south?  Specifically, what is happening around the Iraq/Kuwait border?

One of my co-worker who is in the Naval Reserve just got activated and was told he will be going to someplace on the border.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]
If he is coming to Camp Navistar which is right on the border, he will have it made. Nice gym,chow hall, and MWR tent.  Kinda tight but makes for a short walk to go anywhere.  Not really a hot zone here although we have had a few hijackings on the MSR routs, and a few pot shots here and there.  Navy guys here right now are doing customs, medic, and other support typ stuff.

ARNG Sniper
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If he is coming to Camp Navistar which is right on the border, he will have it made. Nice gym,chow hall, and MWR tent.  Kinda tight but makes for a short walk to go anywhere.  Not really a hot zone here although we have had a few hijackings on the MSR routs, and a few pot shots here and there.  Navy guys here right now are doing customs, medic, and other support typ stuff.

ARNG Sniper

Thanks for the info.  I'll pass it on to my co-worker.
I heard him say yesterday that he was told he will be doing "customs" work on the border.
What in the hell is "customs" work?  IS that like border watch?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top