Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 4:56:27 PM EDT
About 2 weeks ago I read about an Egyptian cruise ship that just ended up missing in one of the seas over there. Was there anything else found on that, or is it still missing?

Kris
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I might be wrong, but isn't it at the bottom of the Red Sea
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It was the ferry that sank. At first it was reported a lot of places as a cruise ship.
~
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The skipper accidentally set the engines from "Full Ahead" to "Jihad".
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I might be wrong, but isn't it at the bottom of the Red Sea

Yep, sank.

What happened to the chick the insurgents kidnapped? The one I saw in pictures with a burka and pink hair??

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
switched to submarine mode
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The ship caught fire in the middle of the night, the captain and some of the crew abandoned ship without giving any warning to the passengers taking a couple of the few life boats they had.

200 and change were saved from the briny deep about a thousand now reside with Davey Jones.

And it is all Bush's fault!  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
switched to submarine mode

"Dive the boat!"
"Captain, we have windows and things...."
"Inshallah! If Allah wills us to be a submarine, it will be so! Oh ye of little faith."

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]
No real sure but I think it hit an iceberg and sank. They may have had a lifeboat shortage because it was supposedly unsinkable.  Does anyone have the link?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The skipper accidentally set the engines from "Full Ahead" to "Jihad".

Just a mere start, sadly.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#10]
and the reporter is still being held hostage.  With another deadline approaching.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The Cheney shooting removed its' importance.  The media decided.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The crew locked some passengers in their cabins (women??), the captain called away the few life boats, and he and the crew took to them and abandoned ship and passengers to die.

Iran is building a nuc.

Muslims are burning the world over a few lousy cartoons.

The Democrat party shafted one of their own rising stars.

Algore committed sedition in Saudi.

But:
Never mind all that, Chaney shot someone by accident.  Maybe he was drunk, maybe he'll be indicted for homicide if the lawyer dies, why didn't he come on bended knee to the Washington Press corp to tell them about it, Chaney should resign.........
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The Democrat party shafted one of their own rising stars.

What???????????????????????
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#15]
The "media" gave this story about 20 seconds airtime...

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4689418.stm
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Wreckage found We will now get some anwers about the crew....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#17]
They had a fire.  The crew or pax then used the fire hoses to try and extinquish the flames.  They forgot to ensure that the water had an escape route overboard.  When enough water was pumped into the ship, she capsized.  Free water inside a ship is extremely dangerous.

My guess is that they had nowhere near the number of boats and lifejackets necessary and no crew or pax training in their use.

The Cruel Sea can be very unforgiving...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top