Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 6:59:36 PM EDT
Seems he fell off the face of the earth sometime in the mid 90s. He played an undercover cop in "Wiseguy" and a Navy doctor in the Viet Nam war movie "Purple Hearts." What ever happened to him?

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#1]
"Wiseguy" was good. Last I saw him was on TV - maybe a "reunion" show, and he was fatter than I am. I seem to recall something about a motorcycle accident and subsequent drug addiction, but I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
from www.imdb.com

Unfortunately, Wahl was involved in a terrible accident in 1992 with near life threatening neck injuries and for many years battled several addictions in an attempt to ease the chronic pain. Thankfully, he overcame these demons and presently he is managing his pain with professional medical assistance and sharing his life with his third wife, Shane Barbi, plus his four children Louie, Raymond, Cody & Kyra. One can only hope that one day we see this exciting, passionate and sensitive actor back in front of the cameras.

find out more at

www.kenwahl.com
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like he suffered some kind of professional burnout or something, not sure bout that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Due to an unfortunate accident in August, 1992, Wahl suffered severe neck injuries that nearly took his life. The doctors told Wahl he would never walk again, however, with Wahl's self-determination, he proved the doctors wrong. He fought his way back to his feet, only to learn that his trusted business manager took advantage of him during his darkest hours and helped himself to Wahl's self-made fortune. Being a private individual, Wahl decided to keep the details of his accident to himself. He did not want people feeling sorry for him by sending him gifts or cards to the hospital. The media took it upon themselves to speculate and accused him of being a "raging alcoholic." Wahl himself admitted to drinking vodka to ease the chronic pain he continues to suffer from his accident. However, the media exaggerated upon this. They camped outside his residence for months, hiding in his bushes, until one day he invited them into his home to get it over with once and for all. From then on, rumors flew. The tabloids had a field day. Wahl's unease with the television media grew to an extreme disgust.

Unhappy with the way "Wiseguy" ended, Wahl wanted to make amends for its demise and allow it to end with dignity. He then got together with Stephen J. Cannell to make a "Wiseguy" movie. During filming, Wahl was in such extreme pain that he did not know how we was going to finish filming. The only thing that got him through this was knowing that if we walked off the set, people that were counting on this movie financially would suffer greatly. So, in excrutiating pain, Wahl continued with the movie through the end only to find himself returning to a hospital in Chicago for several weeks.

Also, in 1996, Wahl met the beautiful, sultry Pin-Up Model/Author/Spokeswoman, Shane Barbi. They soon married where they remain happy together.

Today, Wahl is registered as disabled and continues to suffer chronic pain. However, drinking is no longer part of his pain regimen. He works with doctors in a pain management program that has helped him enormously. He remains the down-to-earth man he has always been. He is loyal, intelligent, very approachable and loves people. Wahl is most proud of being a father to his four grown kids, Louie, Raymond, Cody and Kyra.

Google is your friend.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
He is a massive alcoholic, like the guy from Airwolf, Jan Michael Vincent.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Its kinda sad really.

YOu can find his latest venture here.... www.wahl.com
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember him from the movie "The Soldier". It was an early 1980's favorite of mine.

Bummer what happened to him. He's apparently a pretty damned tough guy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]
[trying to be funny] Ibelieve he makes mens and womens grooming products.  In fact I use a Wahl eletric groomer [/trying to be funny]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[trying to be funny] Ibelieve he makes mens and womens grooming products.  In fact I use a Wahl eletric groomer [/trying to be funny]

I was going to make that joke, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
One of the storylines in "Wiseguy" had Wahl injuring his foot and becoming addicted to alcohol and pain relievers. Wow.

I especially liked the Mel Profit character and his hot sister (who we are led to believe he screwed). Man, she was hot.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#11]
FYI, the Shane Barbi that he's married to is this Shane Barbi:

And sorry for the BOTD image, but that's the most fully-clothed image I can find of her that shows a good face shot.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#12]
He also co-starred with Paul Newman in "Fort Apache the Bronx".  Hell of a good movie for those of you who haven't seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top