Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 9:58:31 PM EDT

I haven't read Hillary's new book "Living History" but [red]I do have one question for those who have read it:[/red]

[b]Whatever happened to Hillary's baby?[/b]

Back in the early summer of 1996 (heading towards the election), First Lady Hillary Clinton told Time Magazine journalist Walter Isaacson in an interview that she and the President are "hoping to have another child" and they are "talking about it (adopting a baby) more".

Regarding Hillary and Bill adopting a baby, Hillary at the time said, "We'd obviously wait to get serious about it until after the election... I hope that something will come of our thinking about it".

Wow! Surely such momentous and life-altering hopes and discussions between the President and First Lady about wanting to have another baby or adopting a child would have made it into her newest memoirs "Living History".

Surely she didn't eagerly tell a journalist from Time Magzine such personal, intimate and important discussions she had with her husband as wanting to have another baby would be if it wasn't something she really felt strongly about?

Obviously they decided against adopting a baby - but wouldn't it be a major personal decision in one's life to seriously consider adopting a baby, then choosing not to? Especially while living in the White House?

Surely if Hillary felt so strongly about such an intimate yet significant event as her and Bill adopting a baby she wouldn't have left that out of her new autobiography of her time spent as First Lady, would she?

So... whatever happened to that baby she and Bill had talked about adopting so much? And did such a deeply personal and significant decision as to adopt or not adopt ever make the cut to be included in her new $8,000,000 "intimate portrait"?

Did Hillary include her "hopes" for adopting a baby while in the White House in her new book?

Or was that all just pre-election "baby talk" back in '96?

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
In chapter 12, she has this to say about the baby.
"...Bill and I talked it over with Beelzebub and we decided it wasn't the proper time to have Damian."
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:41:50 AM EDT
[#2]
By "Hillary's baby" I thought you meant health care reform.  Here's what happened to it:

[b]"My two cents' worth - and I think it is the two cents' worth of everybody who worked for the Clinton Administration health care reform effort of 1993-1994 - is that Hillary Rodham Clinton needs to be kept very far away from the White House for the rest of her life.

Heading up health-care reform was the only major administrative job she has ever tried to do. And she was a complete flop at it. She had neither the grasp of policy substance, the managerial skills, nor the political smarts to do the job she was then given. And she wasn't smart enough to realize that she was in over her head and had to get out of the Health Care Czar role quickly.

So when senior members of the economic team said that key senators like Daniel Patrick Moynihan would have this-and-that objection, she told them they were disloyal. When junior members of the economic team told her that the Congressional Budget Office would say such-and-such, she told them (wrongly) that her conversations with CBO head Robert Reischauer had already fixed that. When long-time senior hill staffers told her that she was making a dreadful mistake by fighting with rather than reaching out to John Breaux and Jim Cooper, she told them that they did not understand the wave of popular political support the bill would generate. And when substantive objections were raised to the plan by analysts calculating the moral hazard and adverse selection pressures it would put on the nation's health-care system...

Hillary Rodham Clinton has already flopped as a senior administrative official in the executive branch--the equivalent of an Undersecretary. Perhaps she will make a good senator. But there is no reason to think that she would be anything but an abysmal president."[/b]

- liberal economist, Brad Delong, who contributed to Hillarycare, on his own [url=http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/movable_type/2003_archives/001600.html]blog.[/url]

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:52:33 AM EDT
[#3]
In Barbara Olsen's book "Hell To Pay" she said the baby discussion came about as a means to boost the Clinton's popularity which was down at the time. But when their poll numbers came up it died a quiet death.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Hitlery misunderstood Bill, he thought she said they ought to adopt a "babe". Later Bill would only agree if they adopted a 16 year old girl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top