Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2003 5:50:19 PM EDT
How far will you let them go before you believe, rightly or wrongly, that there are no further options except armed revolt?

I'm not sure I have outlined my boundaries, but I know that an outright ban of firearms may invoke the Molon Labe response....

What's yours?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I turn the other cheek when the gvt passes silly laws like the AWB.  The minute they try to enforce feel-good PC BS like that is the minute I start shooting back.  The right of the soccer moms to [b]feel safe[/b] by pushing to ban my guns ends with my right to [b]be safe[/b] by keeping them.

For me, the line is simple.  I don't do anything wrong.  I don't lie, cheat, steal, or murder.  I do speed.  [i]Whatever[/i].  If the police, ATF, etc knocks on my door with a search warrant for weapons, I will assure them that I have no illegal weapons.  If they force entry, I will start helping them achieve room temperature.  I know that I will be killed or end up in jail getting ass-raped for the rest of my life.  Am I willing to throw away a Ph.D. and a bright future to defend my rights?  Yes.  This is the kind of decision you have to make [b]NOW[/b], when you have the time to think.  When they're knocking at the door, it'll be too late.  Will you be one of the ones who stood their ground, or will you let them kill your pets, assault your family, and steal your property?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a good little sheep.  I'll do whatever they tell me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For me, the line is simple.  I don't do anything wrong.  I don't lie, cheat, steal, or murder.  I do speed.  [i]Whatever[/i].  If the police, ATF, etc knocks on my door with a search warrant for weapons, I will assure them that I have no illegal weapons.  If they force entry, I will start helping them achieve room temperature.  I know that I will be killed or end up in jail getting ass-raped for the rest of my life.  Am I willing to throw away a Ph.D. and a bright future to defend my rights?  Yes.  This is the kind of decision you have to make [b]NOW[/b], when you have the time to think.  When they're knocking at the door, it'll be too late.  Will you be one of the ones who stood their ground, or will you let them kill your pets, assault your family, and steal your property?
View Quote

Ditto, EXCEPT for I've already made another decision. IF I ever end up in prison, I will help even more people achieve room temp before I'm ever gang raped.

Prison is just not like that anymore anyway, unless you're like 17 years old and go to the juvie prisons, then it's dog eat dog and the alpha male is god.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
My line is the same as the Patriots who stood at Lexington and Concord Bridge over 200 years ago....
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My line is the same as the Patriots who stood at Lexington and Concord Bridge over 200 years ago....
View Quote

That is a very good answer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

You militia gun nut!

Glad to know you're out there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it isolated to gun related issues?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Militia???

IBTL
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Problem with that analogy is that the Brits stood out like a sore thumb.....they also were going to try and do it in one fell swoop.

The .gov folks are taking it little by little from inside this time......

But again this doesn't necessarily need to be limited to guns.  Some people at work are starting to get to wit's end about insurance issues, which is what prompted this thread -- that and reading "Unintended Consequences"...
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I basicly got my lines drawn.  Im hoping Im not the only one thats gonna be fighting.  Also I will not end up in prison Im saving one round for me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#12]
If the govt enacts 'feel good' laws like 94 and 89, I comply with the letter-but-not-spirit (i.e. Screw the 89 import ban. I got my AK anyway, and with the US parts it's legal.)

If they ban guns, I do the 'Israeli Thing' and hide them in some inconcievable spot...

Would I fight the government? Yeah, but only if some a-hole (civillian or military) made said govt a dicatatorship... But then it wouldn't be my government, it would be an outlaw regieme...
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm hoping the lack of response is actually an intelligent decision by the majority to keep their "line" private.

TS
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Taxation without representation? Do we not have that now?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#15]
When they come for my boomsticks, no bullcrap here, I'm gonna kill as many as I can.
I know I will die in the process, but so what, I'd rather be dead than without my guns anyday.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm hoping the lack of response is actually an intelligent decision by the majority to keep their "line" private.

TS
View Quote

Interesting.  I guess being terrified of the gov't isn't the "line" for most of us then. [rolleyes]

I hear a lot of guys on here won't have their pictures taken around guns -- photoshop aside -- now it would appear that at least one guy is fearful of even admitting he has a line.

Hmph....guess you're not so sure about your 1st Amendment rights anymore?  I knew 2nd Amendment was getting stepped on, but 1st seems pretty intact.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm on "borrowed time".

The line was "back there" somewhere.

Forgive me if you've heard this before but let me explain why.
My wife and stepdaughter and I are terrorized by my wifes "Ex".
He and his family are "connected" in this small NC town.
We've been shafted repeatedly by the judges in the district.
We ask for review by the "Judicial Standards" committee at the state level, they say that while the judges rulings violate state law and judicial process the rulings "are within the judges discretion."
And the "officers" of the county and state are happy as clams to put guns in our faces when they come to "take" my stepdaughter from us.

It would take hours to give you the complete rundown on the last 7 years.
Suffice it to say that a very good friend of ours is a retired district court judge and he was stunned by what he saw in court. He was WHITE AS A SHEET after seeing the screwing we took.

I've lost faith in the judicial system.
I've lost faith in the legislators. (They won't take my phone calls or answer letters anymore)
I've lost faith in the "Poo-leese" because they just "do what they're told" whether it's right or wrong.

As for the two "Deputies" that felt it necessary to put their Glocks in my face and the face of my wife, even though we posed no threat.........I have a message for you........
"That Force goes 2 ways!"
I won't say anymore because I'd get scolded by the moderator.
Bullies with Guns.......and a badge don't make you right!

As for the "judges".......[devil]

But I'm not stupid enough to jump up and start blasting away.
But I am planning.

The majority of virtues and absolutes that my Father and Grandfather told me to trust in are GONE.
Right is "not politically correct".
Good is "bad".
Gangsta is "cool".
Patriot is "extremist".
Gestapo is "Homeland Security".............

I'm done.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:18:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what are you waiting for?  The 200 year anniversary? [;)]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm already on Plan B.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is it isolated to gun related issues?
View Quote

No....[;D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#22]
What's up with the soccer-mom bashing?

I admit that they can be annoying at times, but I live in a "soccer mom" community that is overwhelmingly conservative. I have testified in court in front of overwhelmingly soccer-mom juries, and they make the juries we used to get made up up of old farmers and ranchers look like commies; they woul order thieves hanged in front of the old county court house, if they could get away with it, and they own and carry firearms.

Soccer-moms aren't the enemy, and conservative soccer-moms are definitely on our side.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
-- that and reading "Unintended Consequences"...
View Quote

How did you like it??
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Taxation without representation? Do we not have that now?
View Quote

What, you all don't get to vote in ID???
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#25]
War is Peace
Ignorance is Strength
Freedom is Slavery
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TS
View Quote

Interesting.  I guess being terrified of the gov't isn't the "line" for most of us then. [rolleyes]

I hear a lot of guys on here won't have their pictures taken around guns -- photoshop aside -- now it would appear that at least one guy is fearful of even admitting he has a line.

Hmph....guess you're not so sure about your 1st Amendment rights anymore?  I knew 2nd Amendment was getting stepped on, but 1st seems pretty intact.
View Quote

I meant that stating a "line" publically might get you a visit by ATF, FBI, etc.

TS
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

How did you like it??
View Quote

Just got past the "paper" about the NFA by Henry.

I read it in spurts, very, very busy at work.  I like it so far......very easy to read a couple 50 pages at a time and think nothing of it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Ed
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Imminent confiscation of my firearms is the point at which I will proactively engage the enemy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just got past the "paper" about the NFA by Henry.

I read it in spurts, very, very busy at work.  I like it so far......very easy to read a couple 50 pages at a time and think nothing of it.
View Quote

I'm halfway through the book (just finished the gun show scene), and I just get angrier every page I read.  Probably has a lot to do with my increased ranting around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top