Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/29/2001 10:34:10 PM EDT
I know this subject has come up from time to time in the past. But with our airports clearly under martial law, the 4th Amendment is now relegated to the history books for good, probably the 5th, too. We needn't worry about the 1st because the nation is now self-censoring. Examples: Bill Maher being sharply criticized, news people not daring to criticize or question anything our leaders do, cameras and other devices being seized near the WTC and other locales. Oh yeah, and if I hear one more man in the street interview where the person says "Well, if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about" or "I welcomed the added security and didn't feel inconvenienced at all" I will start shooting newscasters, so help me. Can you imagine? Not one person out there that thinks all this horseshit is unnecessary and an utter waste of money and time? The psywar campaign is in full swing. So I want to know: What is my line in the sand? When can I know that actions of open rebellion are not unwarranted or outrageous anymore? It's obvious that door-to-door gun grabbers aren't going to be on their way, at least not until they think they can get away with it. That won't happen until much later, I suspect. If you're waiting for that, you will have already lost. Then again, all it is going to take is one more terrorist attack and all bets are off. After #2, if Bush were to come on tv and tell the multitudes of newly-minted American patriots to rat out their gun-owning neighbors in the name of ending terror, 90% would comply without a second thought. We're that close to losing it all. Now what?
Top Top